I cannot find a single new tank item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

11-16-2012

Frozen Fist is basically malphite's way of saying "hi".

Warden's/Randuin's going off every attack instead of at random is sorta a big deal.

Transairion

11-16-2012

Quote:
Frozen Fist
Item Cost: 3400
Recipe Cost: 640
+40 Ability Power +500 Mana +60 Armor +15% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 125% of your base Attack Damage to surrounding enemies and creates a field for 3 seconds that slows enemies inside by 35% - 2 second cooldown.

Might be good on stuff like alistar.
Personally I don't see mana, AP and CDR as being particularly tank oriented (they're about as much as Abyssl Scepter at least)

Quote:
Also I think some tanks may wanna pick up..

Ohmwrecker
Item Cost: 2850
Recipe Cost: 930
+350 Health +300 Mana +55 Armor
Unique Active: Prevents the closest enemy tower from attacking for 2.5 seconds - 120 second cooldown. This effect cannot be used against the same tower more than once every 7.5 seconds.
I found this as tanky as you'd get, though I wouldn't be surprised if this was a support item (for people like Blitz and Alistar) or a tanky DPS item, moreso than a pure-tank.

And maybe, just maybe...

but I dunno about this one lol

Quote:
The Rose's Pride
Item Cost: 1765
Recipe Cost: 635
+52 Ability Power +64 Armor UNIQUE Active: Shields your champion, absorbing 200 damage +150% of your Ability Power; expires after 4 seconds. 45 second cooldown.
I honestly can't see any tanks wanting this and it being completely an AP mid item build to counter the burst of the other AP mid. Tanks tend to not be about shielding themselves (otherwise why not include the new ArchAngels ugprade?) in my experiance.

I was hoping for more items that provide MR, Armor, Health regen, mana regen, health... they only provide defensive stats, perhaps with a passive. They really isn't any of those, they all seem to have some offensive aspects, some really aggressive ones.

I'm a bit sad they didn't put in a MR-based Thornmail that reflects ability damage back at the AP carry....

I really don't mind nerfing tanky DPS, but they're moreso nerfing the ability to tank rather than the ability to tankily do damage (eg Frozen Mallet).

MorgManBasher

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falleth View Post
If they want to decrease dominance of bruisers, they simply HAVE TO nerf them.
Dominance of bruisers? Since when are bruisers dominate?

ADC's going to be so ridiculous with these new changes

Transairion

11-16-2012

Quote:
Dominance of bruisers? Since when are bruisers dominate
Well apparently completely in Twisted Treeline... but top lane is pretty bruiser dominated too, right?

ADC's are already hard-carrying games with ease now, it's just gonna become even easier which I really don't like

EsperMagic

11-16-2012

I bought frozen fist on maokai last night on the pbe and it was insane. the slow area is fantastic. really good in teamfights

HT SilverSkull

12-28-2012

I wish they would have left the force of nature in, it is dificult to find decent MR items now.