Riot - If you want 45 minute 3s matches can we at least get the old map back?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkanist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Removing the sudden death timer did help a little but there is a LOT more that needs to be done.

1st - Why would you make it so the final turret regen? It makes no sense and only allows teams to turtle. Removing this or at least gimping the heal would be a good start.
2nd - adding the wall around spawn simply makes it easier for characters like fiddle to destroy you after you sent them back to spawn since you can't see them coming. I think it would be a good idea to make the wall thicker so flash and similar abilities can't bridge the gap.
3rd - if you have vilemaw and both alters AND have been dominating all game there is absolutely no reason the enemy team should be able to consistently stop you at their base.

After my last 45 minute threes match all my teamates were talking about was taking a long break from LoL. It feels like the 'fixes' to the map have only made the problem worse.

teh d wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

I don't understand how you make the jump to the old map, but I guess people have to find the most creative ways to keep the 'bring back old tt' posts going.

They will not bring back the old map, so stop asking as they have made an official statement on this. The best way to help matters is making suggestions. The old map is gone, last season is gone and they're not bringing that back either.

The new TT needs work yes, and improvements and balancing are being done each patch. Many of the big complaints about the new map are being addressed and some of them have already been fixed or adjusted. Riot is listening to us, but they are not bringing back old tt, let it go.

Redenbacher

12-05-2012

1) The final turret regeneration has been a feature of SR and TT for as long as I can remember, unless I'm mistaken. Inhibitors, the nexus and it's turrets have always regenerated health - albeit very slowly. This shouldn't matter, because a winning push will result in any AD champion melting a tower and the nexus in seconds.

2) You can see their respawn timers. What are you doing in their base when the final seconds are ticking down?

3) I've... never had this issue. Maybe I don't play enough games.

Archer Lusk

12-06-2012

I have been forcing myself to play the new TT because I know Riot doesn't really care about anything other than their wallet. (Stop saying Riot is a company that cares because it's really not true.) I have let go of the old TT. To me they haven't really fixed any of the real problems with the new TT. The main problem is once you get passed the amazing graphics (Best looking map for sure!) it’s boring... Once everyone is lvl 6, it turns into let’s try to gank for a sec, ok now we need to sick together, team fight, we got an ace, push, team fight again. That’s all that happens until the game ends. These constant team fights are boring. The map is entirely too small. By the time you can call mia, the other team is already going in for the gank… Plus this "faster gameplay" is total BS. I have played games that have lasted more than an hour... (89 minutes on time...)

teh d wreck

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer Lusk View Post
I have been forcing myself to play the new TT because I know Riot doesn't really care about anything other than their wallet. (Stop saying Riot is a company that cares because it's really not true.)
Of course they care about money, there is no denying that, but to say they don't care is just ridiculous. There is a balance to it, not this one sided thing you are making up. It's very easy for you to say something like this, yet the history of this game begs to differ and alludes to a mix of both those things. In order to make money they have to make the game fun, which in turn means they have to care, because if they didn't care, they wouldn't be a successful business. This is actually healthy for the game

Compared to most of the games I have played I've found the designers rarely spoke directly to their player base, yet here they discuss balance, joke around or even play games WITH their 'customers'. Yes they are a company, but saying they don't care is just flat wrong. I think some of the people in this game are spoiled and actually forget what it's like in other games. 1st world problems.

And how many times has one single person made a well thought out idea to have it actually implemented into the game? This has happened countless times in terms of champion concepts/balance, game balance, map ideas, skins and even just tweaks. Even in the new TT they have listened to the players and made some adjustments. There are times when an idea is proposed and gets declined too, which is a good thing for some cases. Riot cares about TT being balanced and they are on the right track. Every patch there have been changes to help balance this map more.

I agree with you on games times being too long in some cases, and I'm pretty sure RiotNome is aware of this already (and yet another indication they care).

Archer Lusk

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raherin View Post
Riot cares about TT being balanced and they are on the right track.
So tanks and fighters ruling this game is balanced? You make me laugh. And my point is its no longer fun. (For me and many others I know, and some of the community) 24/7 team fights are not fun. Also I don't think they care. That’s my opinion. You think they do, that’s your opinion. I'm not trying to make you agree with me like you are trying to do. The forums are where we state our opinion about the game. That’s all I did... Just because I don't love and fawn over everything Riot does, doesn't mean I'm not part of the community.

teh d wreck

12-06-2012

Quote:
So tanks and fighters ruling this game is balanced? You make me laugh. And my point is its no longer fun. (For me and many others I know, and some of the community) 24/7 team fights are not fun. Also I don't think they care. That’s my opinion. You think they do, that’s your opinion. I'm not trying to make you agree with me like you are trying to do. The forums are where we state our opinion about the game. That’s all I did... Just because I don't love and fawn over everything Riot does, doesn't mean I'm not part of the community.
I main mostly glass canons on this map and have had no issues against bruiser teams. In fact, I welcome it. It they lack ADC, or APC burst then they are in trouble, bruiser or not. With the penetration items and % based damage items it's really not that bad. Also, tanks and fighters were more of an issue on old TT then it is on the new one by far. All these new items are here for that very reason. I play blind pick, so maybe that has something to do with it, but to say the tank meta is too stronk in new TT compared to old is kinda... well, it makes me go o.0 Perhaps it's because I play blind pick or something, but I haven't had this problem at all despite playing the underdog squishies and being overall pretty successful.

As for your comment about fun, all I can say is, I feel for you, but if you really like TT that much you should stick around and make suggestions. The map is in beta, getting patches every patch, and RiotNome is frequenting the TT forums. Right now is the best time to make the map you used to love more fun then it is now. This is why I find the 'bring back old tt' posts frustrating. It adds nothing to help matters, spams the forums, and is counter productive to making the new [and permanent] map better for everyone. The old TT had very toxic elements and needed to be changed. Did it need that much of a change? Maybe, maybe not, but they are not bringing the old map back and it's best to help balance the new one.

Archer Lusk

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raherin View Post
I main mostly glass canons on this map and have had no issues against bruiser teams. In fact, I welcome it. It they lack ADC, or APC burst then they are in trouble, bruiser or not. With the penetration items and % based damage items it's really not that bad. Also, tanks and fighters were more of an issue on old TT then it is on the new one by far. All these new items are here for that very reason. I play blind pick, so maybe that has something to do with it, but to say the tank meta is too stronk in new TT compared to old is kinda... well, it makes me go o.0 Perhaps it's because I play blind pick or something, but I haven't had this problem at all despite playing the underdog squishies and being overall pretty successful.

As for your comment about fun, all I can say is, I feel for you, but if you really like TT that much you should stick around and make suggestions. The map is in beta, getting patches every patch, and RiotNome is frequenting the TT forums. Right now is the best time to make the map you used to love more fun then it is now. This is why I find the 'bring back old tt' posts frustrating. It adds nothing to help matters, spams the forums, and is counter productive to making the new [and permanent] map better for everyone. The old TT had very toxic elements and needed to be changed. Did it need that much of a change? Maybe, maybe not, but they are not bringing the old map back and it's best to help balance the new one.
I find it hard to play my AP mages (My main and best type) on this new map unless you are like a nuker... I never had any problems playing mages on old TT. The thick walls make it harder for squishies to play. For example I love to play LeBlanc and Ahri. Both have jumps where I could get away from fighters and tanks by jumping through walls. I understand the main being thick but the jungle as well?

After first I was one of the people who were like "BRING BACK OLD TT!" I'm still trying to adapt to this new map and I want to help improve. The reason I feel Riot doesn't care is because they basically gave old TT fans the middle finger and said itís not coming back. Also I as well as many others on this forum have posted well thought out feedback on the map and how to improve in certain areas and our posts have been pasted over and ignored. I feel like Riot only comments on the post where people fawn over the new map and throw in a small suggestion. Almost none of my feedback was hostile or talking about bringing back old TT...

I don't want to fight with anyone on here. It takes away fun from this game. I just don't like when people jump down my back for sharing an opinion...

teh d wreck

12-06-2012

Quote:
I find it hard to play my AP mages (My main and best type) on this new map unless you are like a nuker... I never had any problems playing mages on old TT. The thick walls make it harder for squishies to play. For example I love to play LeBlanc and Ahri. Both have jumps where I could get away from fighters and tanks by jumping through walls. I understand the main being thick but the jungle as well?

After first I was one of the people who were like "BRING BACK OLD TT!" I'm still trying to adapt to this new map and I want to help improve. The reason I feel Riot doesn't care is because they basically gave old TT fans the middle finger and said it’s not coming back. Also I as well as many others on this forum have posted well thought out feedback on the map and how to improve in certain areas and our posts have been pasted over and ignored. I feel like Riot only comments on the post where people fawn over the new map and throw in a small suggestion. Almost none of my feedback was hostile or talking about bringing back old TT...

I don't want to fight with anyone on here. It takes away fun from this game. I just don't like when people jump down my back for sharing an opinion...
The only reason I responded to you was because you said Riot doesn't care, and I feel that is wrong. If you look, and please do, RiotNome has responded to complaint threads mostly and definitely more then compliment threads. What does a compliment thread help with? Not much, and RiotNome is actually trying to help this map a lot. He actually has responded to many critique threads, and like I said, a few of them actually have ended in patches resulting in favor of the poster. Like the altar capturing post, or the Blackfires post. Both of those were addressed and action was taken, to say Riot doesn't care is just inaccurate.

You said intially that Riot 'doesn't care' and even tried to defend against people who think they do. I don't want to fight either, but I think what you said is wrong, and like I said, counter productive. Sure some posts might have been missed, but that in no way justifies saying they don't care. :/

Edit: One of the things I think people need to keep in mind is the fact of the map saying 'beta' when you join to play a game. The map is being worked on regularly, patches, balancing and so forth. That is really important and I think a lot of people overlook that. Nome might miss some posts but that doesn't mean that they don't care. TT had no support before, and now Riot is actually listening because they JUST completely overhauled the old map.

I totally agree it's more difficult to fight against Bruiser teams, just played an hour long game as Leblonk, with a Tryn and Eve against Darius, Cho, and J4 and we actually freaking WON! We got raped early game, but some how managed to over come it. And the last time I fought a bruiser team it was a really long game as well. I think the game length needs to be lowered, and I also think bruisers shouldn't have such an advantage, but hopefully over the next good while this is fixed. Right now they are addressing new map problems as well as old map problems that have filtered into the new map, it is the time to discuss. :]

teh d wreck

12-06-2012

Downvote me without replying all you want! The biased downvotes only appeal to people who don't like thinking for themselves. I am confident in what I say, and I and if I'm wrong please, say why without saying 'new TT sucks, bring back old' and I will happily discuss with you!