So much rage over recent server issues...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

first time Vayne

11-15-2012

I just want to take a moment, amidst all the frustration being rage-vented on these forums over the recent server shutdowns and disconnect / lag issues, to point out that these types of problems can't be helped.

LoL is an incredibly complex and ever-growing game -- problems are bound to occur from time to time. There is no reason to blame Riot for some kind of violation of our lives.

Instead, let's all thank the Rioters for giving us this awesome game to begin with and for working so hard to keep it running as smoothly as it does.

And considering how dramatically both the sheer content of the game as well as its usership have been rising lately, it's a wonder we don't experience problems like this one more often.

Cheers for Riot. Thank you for an awesome game and for your hard work building and maintaining it everyday. Take the rage posts in other threads resulting from the server issues as manifestations of the sheer popularity -- dare I say addictiveness? -- of your product -- a sign of your success, and nothing more.

Theseal

11-15-2012

You are right. League of Legends is a great game. Simple solution to the server problems tonight.... Roll back the ELO 1 day. Problem solved.

Joe Krake

11-16-2012

every game does have it's issues, but League I've noticed has these more than most. DOTA2 is always up and I've never had any sort of connection problems. Usually with league games I have to log out and reconnect to the game because it wouldn't properly load for me (sometimes multiple times)

amount of people does not matter.

Ramachese

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Krake View Post
every game does have it's issues, but League I've noticed has these more than most. DOTA2 is always up and I've never had any sort of connection problems. Usually with league games I have to log out and reconnect to the game because it wouldn't properly load for me (sometimes multiple times)

amount of people does not matter.
Amount of people does matter actually as it directly impact server strain and performance. Even if it didn't I have had very different experiences with DOTA2 - way too many lag spikes in the middle of games and it is something everyone comments on so it is not my connection.

I've rarely had issues with LoL that did not ultimately get traced back to something on my end.