@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

parentheses

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
And hey guess what. Neither does Nami. Or Leona. Or Diana. Or Syndra. Or Ashe (Terrible new Freljord art aside...). Or Karma. Or Kat. Or Soraka. Or probably 85% of the females in the game.

Yes, whatever you like to crusade against, very few female champs in the game actually have overly large, in-your-face breasts. Deal with it.
Syndra doesn't have overly large breasts? Are you serious?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihatebikeshorts

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palasit View Post
Well, Mermaid/aqua type creatures normally are created with a sexual appeal in any game, so it makes sense for this champion.

And when you do the math for the week after week. 1 post per week, normally 500+down votes, 52 weeks a year. Based on that information, 52 people against "showy" champs, 2,600 for it or don't care. which is 2% to 98%
That doesn't prove that this kind of thing isn't a problem. If anything it's indicative of the fact that gamer culture is so engrossed with this skewed idea of beauty and the idea that women should be showy which is objectively a bad thing because it dehumanizes women, having them only exist to look appealing to men.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
Syndra doesn't have overly large breasts? Are you serious?
Keep in mind the only breasts he has seen have probably been from porn.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talix of the 35

Senior Member

11-17-2012

I upvoted just for the sake of variety.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihatebikeshorts

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
Syndra doesn't have overly large breasts? Are you serious?
Look in any anatomy book. Syndra has basketballs attached to her chest- there's no physical way those things could actually work and function naturally.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Palasit

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatebikeshorts View Post
That doesn't prove that this kind of thing isn't a problem. If anything it's indicative of the fact that gamer culture is so engrossed with this skewed idea of beauty and the idea that women should be showy which is objectively a bad thing because it dehumanizes women, having them only exist to look appealing to men.

That is actually the media in general


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihatebikeshorts

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palasit View Post
That is actually the media in general
What's your point? You still imply that it's not a problem based on the popularity of the idea- just because something is popular doesn't make it right. If a thread about how league objectifies women gets 500+ downvotes, it's indicative of how popular objectifying women its- not if that's the right thing to do. Riot's a part of the problem if they continue with this model.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kvoth3

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palasit View Post
That is actually the media in general
It doesn't have to be RIOT though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihatebikeshorts

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvoth3 View Post
It doesn't have to be RIOT though.
110% this. Riot doens't have to be part of the problem, that problem being the complete and utter objectification of women. As for mermaids being sexualized, I guess? But the fact is that they don't HAVE to be. Riot could do something classy like what they did with Diana and Iron Solari Leona. Just because breasts are there doesn't mean they have to be served to the male gaming culture on a platter, as most women are in said culture.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JagenBlitz

Senior Member

11-17-2012

You guys complaining about Syndra's **** realize her splash art is looking at her from a slight downward angle right? Thus making them look bigger than they actually are?