@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vandevic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
Bad, naughty parrot. BAD!

AmadeusAji

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevynne View Post
As a female, I don't give a FLIPPINBLIPPITYBLOPBLOOP if a champion has her boobs out. Why does this bother everyone?! Mermaids/sirens normally don't have anything covering their boobs, would you have rather had that? And as for Elise - spiders could be considered seductive, as in nature they are meant to look appealing - just look at the black window. It's a beautiful creature. I don't understand why there's an 80 page thread about this...There are plenty of champions that aren't sexualized. Stop trying to find stuff to be mad about!
As another woman, I have to agree. There isn't anything all that sexual about breasts and because of that I really don't care that the majority of Riot's female champions are flaunting their cleavage. In fact, I find it extremely amusing.

That said, as an artist I actually very much enjoy the designs of a lot of the more - as I've seen the term used in this thread - "boobilicious" champions such as Syndra, Elise, Katarina, and Janna - especially her new Victorious skin, as well as Mafia Miss Fortune. I find them very aesthetically pleasing.

There is an issue with some of the other female champions that does bother me however. And to preface my concerns, I understand the most of the champions I will name are much older and are likely in line for visual upgrades and I understand that.

While I understand Evelynn's lore is related to her design, her hot pink clothing (or lack thereof) clashes with her skin in my opinion. Also, the splash art for her non-classic skins seem a bit sub-par compared to other champions I've looked at.

On the same token and with anatomy as well, Warrior Princess Sivir, Classic Caitlyn, Pentakill Sona, Nightblade Irelia, and Classic Shyvana all have fairly irritating anatomy issues. For the most part, their waists and/or arms seem to be far too thin. I understand Pentakill Sona is wearing a corset but dang, I wear one on a fairly regular basis and my waist doesn't look like that. Classic Shyvana actually has a different issue. While it may well be her armor, in proportion to the rest of her body, her thighs seem far too thick and long.

As far as the new Nami design goes, I like it!

I hope I didn't offend anyone with this post; I just felt like stating my opinion on the topic and mean no harm to anyone.

Câse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
Best riot post ever.... Until.

Häßlich

11-17-2012

Hey, I like big breasts. The OP is in the minority here. Don't listen to his whining, Riot.

Strawberrycocoa

11-17-2012

Quote:

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

This post made me laugh out loud on Skype. XD good jerb

Jsao

11-17-2012

Quote:

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

mfw

UL9 Spark

11-17-2012

Read Elise's lore, she is kind of a seductress.

Eyepop

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
Nami and Elise are not seductresses [/B]
Elise is specifically a seductress, and Nami is a mermaid... you chose some bad champs to complain about.

The Good Guy

11-17-2012

*** sells.

Yaznar

11-17-2012

I find most female champions ugly, since their faces are either extremely manly, too non-human or just have a very awkward facial expression. I would really be happy if you tried to make more beautiful champions, who cares about how big their boobs look on the splash art...