@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wexus

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhal View Post
Does it really bother you that much? From IS' post, it seems like a creative spark from a -female- (note she). And it technically is a new body type. Half fish, half human. Really, unless you're a female who has huge problems with society, this shouldn't be an issue.

If we have too many female child body types, then we'll have people calling Riot out for being pedophiles.

If Riot makes too many flat chested girls, then they're lolicons.

Get the point? If Nami isn't satisfactory to you, then I don't know what to say. Sure, her boobs can be smaller, but it's to make it prominent that she's half female human and half fish. Unless you can think of a better way to show that she's a female besides voice/face structure (and even then it's "generic" - thin face)... or you can make her a fat whale. Not a lot of variety tbh.

Honestly, if anything, Riot probably has to make all male champions from now on to keep people from making nonsense posts about this.
Exactly. We've already got the puritans accusing Riot of being pedophiles just because she has a youthful voice. Imagine if she also had small boobs! I think they would call the FBI and Chris Hansen!

These "feminists", and I put that in quotes because they're not really feminists at all, more like anti-*** fundamentalists, are incredibly dishonest and basically just get pissed off at any depiction of a female character. Riot please ignore these bad people and let your artists design characters properly with no input from rabid morons.

A Whip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

IronStylus, no man nor mermaid will forget what you have shown us this day.

NoIntestines

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
My nephew is only two and can't read, but he's in the room and I promised I wouldn't swear around him so I can only say:

GERSMERGABUNGA!! Mr. Stylus you have outdone yourself, and us all. I would love to go on about how awesome that was, but I have to go put Alistar into Beauty and the Beast songs.

Kvoth3

11-17-2012

Completely agree with the OP.

Also, way to not address his concern RIOT. That took courage to answer a different question.

Sugar Shack

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centuros View Post
Because mermaids are supposed to be nonsexualized, amirite?

I hope this was sarcastic.

Tsanga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

I c what he did there :P

Anthurix

11-17-2012

Quote:
50 pages.. No way i can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, i am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can i flip a table or two? Absolutely, if i deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about nami because, well, i think she's a cool design.

Did i notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, i saw it months ago. Did i think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When i saw the concept i was like.. Look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. What's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when i explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together cinderella's dress.
this is why we love you/riot.

Imperfectable

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysnomer View Post
And so the troll reveals his true colors. I guess it's pretty hard to defend decisions when they are wrong, or to admit that you are just a pawn. Much easier to distract with your own version of the Fresh Price meme. As for me, I already knew you weren't worth the time of day, but now everybody else can see as well.

EDIT:
:\ wow, people are congratulating you for a bit of wordplay, ignoring what your post actually means. I give up on this community, there's no hope at all.
He responded directly to the raised concern in the first two paragraphs of the post. The fact that the people he's responding to have chosen only to focus on The Little Mermaid parody rather than continuing the discussion says nothing the least bit positive about their actual interest in maintaining the dialogue.

You know, it's almost as if the people complaining aren't interested in coming to some sort of meaningful accord, and were just ecstatic to have something new to complain about the moment their original complaints were addressed! Funny, huh?

Spectre06

11-17-2012

Quote:
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
Not enough can be said about the awesomeness of this parrot. +1000

Tolfor

11-17-2012

Quote:

I dig and respect that, and people who are putting the blame squarely on your shoulders are obviously wrong - I understand that you're just the public liaison from the art team, not the guy who single-handedly sketches out every detail of every champion, nor the final gatekeeper for published content.

Having said that, I think that Nami's... life preservers don't even fit the rest of her body very well. She's got an otherwise sleek and aerodynamic design, and then two huge buoys thrusting out from her chest. I think her overall aesthetic would look much tighter with a smaller, more atheletic set of sea sponges.

And while we're on the subject, her little pool of water effect that she brings around with her needs to be much more obvious and watery-looking than what I've seen on the PBE so far. You can barely even see it in some lighting and/or terrain. I know you might not be the guy in charge of that, but pass it along to whoever needs to know.