@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mikhal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Does it really bother you that much? From IS' post, it seems like a creative spark from a -female- (note she). And it technically is a new body type. Half fish, half human. Really, unless you're a female who has huge problems with society, this shouldn't be an issue.

If we have too many female child body types, then we'll have people calling Riot out for being pedophiles.

If Riot makes too many flat chested girls, then they're lolicons.

Get the point? If Nami isn't satisfactory to you, then I don't know what to say. Sure, her boobs can be smaller, but it's to make it prominent that she's half female human and half fish. Unless you can think of a better way to show that she's a female besides voice/face structure (and even then it's "generic" - thin face)... or you can make her a fat whale. Not a lot of variety tbh.

Honestly, if anything, Riot probably has to make all male champions from now on to keep people from making nonsense posts about this.

Senario

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that role.
Ironstylus, you are freaking amazing. All the upvotes I could ever give.

Centuros

11-17-2012

Because mermaids are supposed to be nonsexualized, amirite?

Mysnomer

11-17-2012

Quote:
-snip-
And so the troll reveals his true colors. I guess it's pretty hard to defend decisions when they are wrong, or to admit that you are just a pawn. Much easier to distract with your own version of the Fresh Price meme. As for me, I already knew you weren't worth the time of day, but now everybody else can see as well.

EDIT:
:\ wow, people are congratulating you for a bit of wordplay, ignoring what your post actually means. I give up on this community, there's no hope at all.

Adumbro Deus

11-17-2012

Quote:
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.

This is fantastic.

But honestly, dat broken back pose (gotta show off dem fish t&a!) and we still don't have any female champs that don't have super model proportions.

That's the problem that needs to be fixed... the fact that she has cleavage.... come on man, she's a MERMAID goddamnit, bikinis are standard female swimwear. Goddamnit it's so annoying that most other guys that believe in feminism concentrate on level of clothes which is mostly irrelevant, instead of things like pose which actually sexualizes.

Jortalus

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBamDragon View Post
wow...Ironstylus....you went there...
He so did. And it was glorious.

Lyfeless

11-17-2012

Quote:
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.

I made this just for you =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkmWA...ature=youtu.be

I'm sorry if the quality is a little bad, i had to make in a bit of a hurry

mogonk

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysnomer View Post
And so the troll reveals his true colors.
That's really all there is to say about this thread.

IronStylus is going to get a ton of upvotes from the teenage boys this nonsense was designed to appeal to. Meanwhile he's betrayed the values he's professed throughout his career at Riot and ruined the goodwill many held towards him in one post.

Dalze

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
[n]
EDIT: Made this post, went to bed, and it exploded. +83 downvotes and 27 pages later I don't know quite where to start. Not sure why I'm getting downvotes unless people are just assuming that I'm "anti-boobs" - which is not true. Fact is, Riot has made two female champs with huge breasts that did not need breasts as part of their character design. Nami and Elise are not seductresses - they don't need huge racks. I have no problem with fantasy and I understand why characters like MF or Ahri need to be boobilicious but huge breasts make no sense for a majority of Riot's female characters.[/B]
Maybe you get downvotes because the MAJORITY of the people here completely disagree on your opinions and the fact that you said you were disappointed on IronStylus and his art team? Personally, I don't agree with you on any of the comments you made and find both models (Elise and Nami) really cool, which explains the downvote I gave you and I'm sure most people feel the same.

General Farsight

11-17-2012

IronStylus himself said the next few releases (after Diana, if I recall properly) would still be disappointing for people wanting variety of female form because they were already far ahead in the pipeline to be released and he couldn't just say "wait, stop everything, lets scrap this almost done character and go back to the drawing board with her because she has cleavage." Sadly, people around here either ignored or forgot he said that.

Worse, people acting like Nami is oversexualized because she has boobs... this is just sad. And stupid. When they complain about lack of variety, they actually have an argument. When they claim that having a large chest makes one oversexualized is just absurd. Sona is called oversexualized around here, and I must say, I never understood it. She makes no sexual comments, has nothing remotely sexual in her background, dresses herself in a classy way... heck, she could be a mute Chopin playing a floating piano with the very same backgroun and quotes, and would still be an interesting character. And yet people claim she is oversexualized just because of her chest size. Seeing the same thing happenning to Nami is just... sad, to say the least.