@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phrosn

11-17-2012

Riot praises the diversity of its champions, but what about their diversity of human champions in appearance. 90% of human champions have classic East Asian or European feautures. What if more human champions had curly hair like Bob Ross, a slight Indian accent, or dark brown skin like MJ. I know different type people exist in Runterra because of Malzahar and Ryze. These champins have dark skin complexions, but there is so much more Riot can do with its human champion diversity. Seriously, the cultures between Europe and Eastern Asia contain a lot of diverse beautiful people and cool ideas Riot could base its human champions off.

Riot could even mix up classic fantasy by combining different cultures with classic tropes. Riot say's they want to do fantasy with a twist, but I think they can do better.

Delnoir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
That was amazing. Send my grats to the artist getting their first champion into the game. I certainly like the design.

Sugar Shack

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's HER show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.
That right there. This is HER first champion - why is everyone ragging so hard? if you think it's such an issue, it was a female artist who created her. FEMALE, which apparently seems to be what most people are complaining about is that its a horrible design, when one of the sexes that you guys are trying to defend so proudly is the one who created it.
---
When you think of a mermaid - you think of something beautiful and majestic. Bout to go historic on you -

The goddess Atargatis, she was the mother of a Syrian Queen, fell in love with a mortal Shepard in 1000 BC. After she unintentionally killed him - she jumped into the waters to take the form a fish, but the waters refused to conceal her divine beauty.
---
Everyone has different ideas, and ways that they think the word " beauty " should be defined. In this artist's case, she feels that her bust should be that of what she deems as beauty and beautiful.
I cannot wait til Riot releases a half naked dude, rippling muscles, and a giant bulge, and everyone starts freaking out that they went that far and why would they do that because they do not want to play a "" fa**ot "" in their video games.

I for one plan on buying this day of release - because its design in all is oustanding to me.

EmperialGoddess

11-17-2012

IronStylus...you are amazing.
I think Nami is going to be a great addition to League. I give my props and thanks to the new artist who designed her.

Kahti

11-17-2012

So he makes some flashy reference that has nothing to do with the topic at hand to derail it... and everyone buys into it. :/

Inigo

11-17-2012

I keep having to change who my favorite Rioter is, but Champion explanations in Disney verse is a strong buy in my book. On a more serious note; he's also the master of diversion.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahti View Post
So he makes some flashy reference that has nothing to do with the topic at hand to derail it... and everyone buys into it. :/
YES.

That's exactly right. It's the forum equivalent of holding up your keys and jiggling them for a freakin baby. Set some lyrics to a Disney song and GD just stares and drools.

Gotta hand it to the guy. He knows his audience.

Delnoir

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahti View Post
He saved the reference for after his explanation, dingbat.

Ishinokao

11-17-2012

I honestly don't understand how people complain about this. She looks good get over it.

Lulu is a girl and I don't recall anyone praising the artists for making a female champ with no breasts at that point. And Diana is 99% covered up on her classic skin.

If you're gonna argue that Lulu is a yordle. Nami is a mermaid esque character, fxcking disney even just puts sea shells on their mermaid's **** and says gg.

Alexstrasza

11-17-2012

So is there going to be an excuse for every champion that has dat ass or huge **** even though you have said multiple times you were trying to change that.