@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrimPhenom

11-17-2012

So I heard on stream women have breasts

Can anyone confirm?

ihatebikeshorts

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
That was nice, I especially liked the part where you practically deflected the entirety of this poster's complaints. In your video interview you kept the hope of varied body types alive, but what did we get? Zyra, Syndra, Eliese, Nami. The first three of these champs look like the same person with different headwear(funny how they were all drawn by the same artist). Level with me, Parrot, from one artist to another: were you blowing hot air in that interview? Cause to me it sounds like you let this slip by just because everyone was having fun and at one point you just stopped caring about how, outside of yordles, all of the female champs in LoL are big busted bimbos. Oh, except for Diana of course, I forgot that "Varied Body Types" mean "Small boobs instead of Big boobs".
And yes, I am mad, I am slightly upset that this game I love playing is supporting a much bigger problem involving how gamers view women, hell even how society views women. Your supporting of this problem through releasing champion after champion with huge, exposed breasts and cleavage means that by playing this game I'M, and by extension everyone else who pays to play, supporting this problem. So yes, I am mad. Not just at the art staff, but at myself. And the real kicker? I respect you, Stylus. Your enthusiasm, your knowledge, this whole persona you have drives me to not only be a better artist but a better person. But then I hear you say things like "they seemed to be having fun with it so I let em roll with it", it's a pretty harsh blow because it tells me that you don't even necessarily see what the problem is with your go-to design of Big Boobs, Child-Bearing hips, HUGE Chola Lips, and high heels on champions that REALLY do not need them.

FlySkyHigh777

11-17-2012

Quote:
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
In your wisdom we are humbled.

In any case: To the OP, I say: While I sort of agree that the breasts were a tad unnecessary on Nami, I saw no problem with them on Elise, because part of her lore/character is a seducing/charming/alluring persona. She lures people in with a beautiful exterior before devouring them with her more bestial form. Also: don't rage at Ironstylus because artists like boobs. Last time I checked, while he is a senior concept designer, that doesn't mean he gets to say "yey" or "nay" on every piece of concept art that passes his way. I'd wager more often than not he doesn't even see the art until it's already being implemented, at which point he really wouldn't have the OOMPH to derail a champion release just so that this new female champion wouldn't have breasts.

FlySkyHigh777

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimPhenom View Post
So I heard on stream women have breasts

Can anyone confirm?
I dunno, sounds shady to me. Was it Reginald that said it? If so, you know you can't trust that info.

Kise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

o u mad cus he stylus on you

BillionStorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post
If you noticed, her face has the same skin as her boobs. The "peeled skin" is probably just some sort of clothes.
Actually, I think she looks gorgeous
If you'll also notice, the scales on her fin transition perfectly into the scales on her upper body (the assumed clothes). Unless she is wearing a full body suit, that's skin.

Mirelyght

11-17-2012

fun fact: mermaids have bigger boobs and perkier breasts do to buoyancy counteracting sagging. i wouldnt believe this is a real mermaid if she DIDNT have huge knockers.

Multi

11-17-2012

I'm actually more disappointed in her voice acting personality. I kinda thought she'd be a little more classy and regal and not so spunky and plucky. :V

ArmySquirrel

11-17-2012

Quote:

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

You know halfway through that I was wondering what you were doing there IS and thinking you were drunk. Then the song started going through my head and I SAW WHAT YOU DID THERE, you MAGNIFICENT BA-*wrench clang*.

All the +1s for lightening the mood with comedy in a serious thread, and for the effort you went to do it. If I could sing I'd sing it for you.

If it helps, though I really do still want to see some really different females, I give her a pass because she's a mermaid.

TomaZero

11-17-2012

Quote:
(lol little mermaid)

Dafuq did I just wake up to. and why did it play in my head...

well played parrot, well played.

aside from the little mermaid quip almost every mermaid I see in material has a decent breast size, and as a person who's wife owns a few paintings of these (and isn't afraid to put them in our house so I see them everyday) basically every mermaid has like a C cup or better. every single one of them.