Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FistOf7Dragons

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Elise IS a seductress its actaully in her lore....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swils

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Todas:
The Queen is naked whenever she takes a bath! What could be more regal than the queen?!

NAKED PARTY!


/shudder

Quote:
(But anyways, the idea of something being okay to wear on the red carpet for women which would be decried in a less televised setting is just another point in the favour of the media trying to centralize an oversexualized image of women.

Not that I disagree with the idea that it is formal dress, just that there's still a problem here :P)


I don't necessarily think it would be decried in any other setting, but it would certainly be out of place. There's a time and a place for everything. You see tuxedos and fancy dresses at high-profile events because that's what the occasion calls for. If you saw someone walking down the street in the morning wearing a fancy dress (and looking a bit disheveled), you'd probably snicker and joke with your friend about how that girl's taking the long walk of shame. Not that it dismisses the idea of over sexualization, but fancy dresses (perhaps not deep-V's, but the idea of fancy dresses) have been around for a looong time, long before hollywood awards ceremonies and the like. I mean, come on, who doesn't like to get all prettied up and strut around looking fabulous?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mtrx005

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Hmm.

Stylus' post was made at 3am saturday morning PST.

Which is 1 hour after the bars close in CA.

It makes much more sense now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Todas

Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
swils:
/shudder



I don't necessarily think it would be decried in any other setting, but it would certainly be out of place. There's a time and a place for everything. You see tuxedos and fancy dresses at high-profile events because that's what the occasion calls for. If you saw someone walking down the street in the morning wearing a fancy dress (and looking a bit disheveled), you'd probably snicker and joke with your friend about how that girl's taking the long walk of shame. Not that it dismisses the idea of over sexualization, but fancy dresses (perhaps not deep-V's, but the idea of fancy dresses) have been around for a looong time, long before hollywood awards ceremonies and the like. I mean, come on, who doesn't like to get all prettied up and strut around looking fabulous?


Point. I often get the urge to wear something ridiculous out just for the reactions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swils

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
mtrx005:
Hmm.

Stylus' post was made at 3am saturday morning PST.

Which is 1 hour after the bars close in CA.

It makes much more sense now.


Yeah, you've stopped trying to make anything close to a logical point.

Congratulations, you trolled me into hanging out for an extra hour. Well played, sir.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fireside Poet

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I love Nami, and plan on buying her.

My wife, who is adamant that oversexualization is a pervasive part of most video games, wants to start playing because she loves Nami.

Sorry if you don't like her, but don't propose that she has a terrible design. That's disrespectful to those of us who like her, and the artist who created her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swils

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Todas:
Point. I often get the urge to wear something ridiculous out just for the reactions.


Wearing a tuxedo to fast food joints is always entertaining.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emailsúpport

Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Paris:
boobs =/= women.
just stop, you sound stupid.

So penís =/= men?
You make no ****ing sense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drozzi

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.



..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.

Oh god I wish she had ariel's bubbly personality, but from her looks it seems she'll be a bit more regal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotSid

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.



..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.


Hah. I c wut u did tharr.