@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jenvas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveapotion View Post
agreed.

if women can be seductive then men should be able to aswell (just know im not against the mermaid being seductive, its awesome, those titas are perky enough to fit in your mouth)

now if only we had a manly support that showed his bulge a bit.

Like a large man with a moustache and a mechanic box, that can buff his lanemate with his skills, a bit like a male sona idea.
dont forget the other side, a firm butt, just perfect to pinch. and he must be oily

tempnameA461

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveapotion View Post
if women can be seductive then men should be able to aswell (just know im not against the mermaid being seductive, its awesome, those titas are perky enough to fit in your mouth).
I wish I could put bowling balls in my mouth..

Fat Mchugelarge

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetasphere View Post
Enraged wannabe feminists downvote everything that doesn't fall in lockstep with their stated beliefs.
Nice generalization. I love women and boobs and all manners of offensive material dealing with women. I'm probably one of the biggest perverts in the world.......and even I think these designs are getting stupid now. Seriously, wft is up with that boob skin thing. They clearly made that part of the design just for the sake of showing boobs.

Malorg

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard.
Wait ... the artist is female? And people are complaining about how Riot artists over-sexualize females?

I can maybe understand this about a male artist if he's clearly just some perv (can't say that any of the champ designs strike me this way, though ... well maybe Sona), but ... the artist is a woman!

Let's not get into a discussion on orientation or anything, but women can find the female form appealing, too. A lot of my female friends are often checking out chicks (people watching, or online) and critiquing, or saying how they think she's pretty, etc. As a dude, I find it easy to agree with them most of the time, though I'm not sure I give it as much thought [male stereotype joke].

VIDEO GAME characters are exaggerated versions of real people ... not realistic versions (most of the time), so let's get over it.

mtrx005

11-17-2012

At first I thought Riot was going to ignore the thread. And I was ok with that.

Then I realized they were going to mock it. And it occurred to me how wrong OP and the other people who expect better from Riot are. Even IronStylus, the guy who's always claiming to be on your side, doesn't take this seriously. What are the odds that the Reds who never speak up on this stuff give a ****?

How sad are you, suddenly waking up to the fact that Riot was just playing along because it seemed like the smart PR move? How does it feel to realize that every time someone (usually Stylus) came on the board to talk about how important they considered the portrayal of women in the game, that they were just writing meaningless words as part of a chore they had to do for their job?

I was convinced that Riot would always just keep saying they cared about hypersexualization while acting like they didn't. And I was wrong. Today was the day that Riot stopped being hypocrites and admitted they just don't give a ****.

Mark it on your calendar.

Zetasphere

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Mchugelarge View Post
Nice generalization. I love women and boobs and all manners of offensive material dealing with women. I'm probably one of the biggest perverts in the world.......and even I think these designs are getting stupid now. Seriously, wft is up with that boob skin thing.
First of all, it's not offensive to everyone. To claim that your personal point of view is somehow superior to others is hilariously idiotic.

Second of all, I have no problem with differing points of view. Hells, in the other five hundred threads of this sort made every time a female champion is released, I'm able to have actual productive conversations with those people I don' necessarily agree with. The rational people don' downvote a post simply because they disagree with it.

So is it a generalization? But it's not about you unless you downvote based solely on how much you dislike what the other person says. That's why I say the ones downvoting every contrary position aren't rational but are, in fact, highly irrational. That's why I called them enraged wannabe feminists. Actual reasonable people aren't so kneejerk.

swils

11-17-2012

I got this one, you guys.

The king of seduction, the lord of the sack, god's gift to women...

Mr. Slave-ric!

It's just truly, truly outrageous.

Jenvas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrx005 View Post

Then I realized they were going to mock it. And it occurred to me how wrong OP and the other people who expect better from Riot are. Even IronStylus, the guy who's always claiming to be on your side, doesn't take this seriously. What are the odds that the Reds who never speak up on this stuff give a ****?

How sad are you, suddenly waking up to the fact that Riot was just playing along because it seemed like the smart PR move? How does it feel to realize that every time someone (usually Stylus) came on the board to talk about how important they considered the portrayal of women in the game, that they were just writing meaningless words as part of a chore they had to do for their job?

I was convinced that Riot would always just keep saying they cared about hypersexualization while acting like they didn't. And I was wrong. Today was the day that Riot stopped being hypocrites and admitted they just don't give a ****.

arent their claims to want a better comunity cute aswell? those guys care so much for us players, it warms my heart. but now i have to leave and meet the easterbunny and santa for lunch, I'll just manage to be on time if i ride my unicorn.

Fat Mchugelarge

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetasphere View Post
First of all, it's not offensive to everyone. To claim that your personal point of view is somehow superior to others is hilariously idiotic..
And your reading out of context is hilariously idiotic. I wasn't trying to prove any superiority (I don't consider myself that smart or anything), I was just trying to make a simple point.

swils

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrx005 View Post

They don't take it seriously because threads like these shouldn't be taken seriously. For reasons already mentioned PLENTY of times (and even addressed by IronStylus in his post), but you all seem to keep ignoring that and spouting your nonsense.