@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RangerRig

11-17-2012

Oh my God, what the hell is wrong with you people! Women are suppose to have breasts! they are not flat chested boys! Stop hating on Women's breast.. like what the hell..

messymike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerRig View Post
Oh my God, what the hell is wrong with you people! Women are suppose to have breasts! they are not flat chested boys! Stop hating on Women's breast.. like what the hell..

just like men are supposed to have body and facial hair

... hmmmm

Tammerlein

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
Don't want to get me started on disney songs, I once won a contest on identifying random ones from all disney movies on sound alone. I can generally call it at about 7-10 seconds of each song.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitlessChaos View Post
You do realize two things... (not sure why I wrote it that way since I wouldn't be posting if I felt you did realize what I'm about to tell you)

One, breast-size is by no means an indicator of something's general disposition. Two...Nami isn't really in-line with this argument since she's a support champion and they're generally benevolent by nature but the Siren is a pretty well-known female sea-humanoid and they're quite seductive so that is a possible visual nod or cue for her.

More importantly, you must be high as a cumulus cloud if you don't think Elise the spider queen is a seductress. Did you read her backstory? Did you listen to her speech during her patch/loading screen?

She is based on a spider. An animal that lures its prey in and is an extremely consistent reference to seduction in literature and media. Elise lures people to her cult and pilgrimage where she then keeps their confidence until she feeds them to her "god" and continues her business. She absolutely is one who seduces; she uses her looks and her rhetoric to recruit and then to build the pilgrimage. I can't possibly fathom how you could NOT see a spider character with Elise's backstory as a seductress.

Again...how having larger breasts correlates to seducing party isn't really my gig...more revealed than usual breasts would be a more believable sign and she does have that too.

PS - I also believe it's a pretty common occurrence that women who seduce men and murder them or leave them and take their money are referred to as "black widows" due to the behavior of the spider of the same name. So yeah.

Why couldn't Elise be dressed in some fancy Priestess costume who lures crowds with more than simply **** hanging out there? It would fit just as well with her lore. I personally think the larger contrast between the two forms would be cooler than the cheesey spider costume of a human form that we got. It is what makes Iron Scale Shyvana such an cool skin imo.

Mokkun

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisLeGros View Post
I'm having a feeling I missed out on a reference in Iron's post that everyone else got.
That long bit from 3rd paragraph down is a re-writing of one of the majorly remembered Little Mermaid songs.

I feel very old now, realizing that someone missed it.

Imalia

11-17-2012

My opinion of the concept art that it might have been a little excessive with the plunging V line but it still looked very nicely drawn and was shaped reasonably well. I particularly liked the prominent frills; they made her look elegant and I don't grudge Gem Lim's design as it was originally presented. The model, however, I think actually adds to the bust size for some reason, or at least is rigged in a way that overemphasizes that aspect of her and deemphasizes the detail surrounding her cleavage, including those frills that looked nice in the art. So that's my legitimate complaint. It might be too late to change that now but I think it might have done a slight disservice to the way she looks in game.

iG0D

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
After all of the comments you have made about giving us more female body types, you release two female champions one after another with huge cleavage on display.

Why did Elise need huge breasts that literally HEAVE up and down in her login screen? She is a spider - the perfect opportunity for you guys to make a truly monstrous female champion.

I thought to myself, "Ok, maybe the next female champ will be better."

I just saw Nami's in game model and art. Again, we have prominent breasts on display for absolutely zero reason. You could have gone a number of other directions with this and made it more unique and much much cooler without making another BOOBFEST champ.

I remember after Elise came out people were disappointed about her character design and you replied to a forum thread saying that you would address our concerns.

They weren't address and now we have Nami. I probably won't even buy her although I main support. I just can't support Riot saying one thing and then doing another as far as female champ design anymore.

EDIT: Here are some screenshots for those that are wondering what I'm talking about because Nami is "omg lol a fish so how could she have boobs."

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xgAsff_kG2U/UKXPfvpOEAI/AAAAAAAAKAY/sEKFM3QoyQY/s1600/nami.png

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-z8dPIbhN9Hc/UKXSFC0ySUI/AAAAAAAAKAw/I3H0ZR_0VvY/s1600/mermmy.png

Also, check out the video of Nami in action next to Kat - Kat seems like she'd be a much more sexualized character but Nami's breasts are much more prominently on display and more obvious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-CfHApTyBM

EDIT: Made this post, went to bed, and it exploded. +83 downvotes and 27 pages later I don't know quite where to start. Not sure why I'm getting downvotes unless people are just assuming that I'm "anti-boobs" - which is not true. Fact is, Riot has made two female champs with huge breasts that did not need breasts as part of their character design. Nami and Elise are not seductresses - they don't need huge racks. I have no problem with fantasy and I understand why characters like MF or Ahri need to be boobilicious but huge breasts make no sense for a majority of Riot's female characters.
Dude just come out already

PedestrianA

11-17-2012

Just want to tell riot that big boobs are not the universal want, esp when almost every single female champion is of this style which is somehow disgusting.

Gentleman Gustaf

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.
I didn't figure out what was happening here until it was done. Well done sir, well done.

LouisLeGros

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokkun View Post
That long bit from 3rd paragraph down is a re-writing of one of the majorly remembered Little Mermaid songs.

I feel very old now, realizing that someone missed it.
To be fair I probably didn't catch it because I haven't seen that film in like 15 years and not because the film is from before my time....
rereading his post and I think it is coming back to me