@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Canas Lute

Junior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolexle View Post
Tryndamere, Varus, Fizz, Sion, Mundo, Ezreal... y'know what, pretty much every male champ except for Taric. NONE OF THEM WHERE ARMOR, MANY DON'T EVEN HAVE SHIRTS.

But of course, women are weaker and need armor to keep themselves safe. Makes sense, good post bro.
I'm sorry but if you can't see what's wrong with this, you're a moron:

http://lolwp.com/wp-content/uploads/...me-Shyvana.jpg

We can go back and forth and give examples all day, but seriously.. I just can't believe people really think the portrayal of women isn't over the top. Please refer to OP's very accurate description of the previous loading screen: "heaving breasts."

And the current one is a... fully armored dude! Like I said, we can go back and forth all day with examples.. but be serious. Clearly it's a problem for enough of us that Riot should pay attention...

I'm gonna go play some LoL now, you can keep pretending.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Wait...where in the lore explains Varus' awesome fur-pants? And why specifically his leg region gets the fur?


Don't get me wrong, it's sweet looking, but I'm always curious to see what a fully corrupted Varus would look.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carmilia

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDecay View Post
Please at least clarify the point you're trying to make.

Also, *** appeal and charisma are not the same thing. I don't know what gave you that impression. You are wrong.
"Taunting opponents" doesn't have to be a sexual thing. The fact that they made it one means that she is sexualized.
The fact that you're interpreting her "charismatic grace" as "beauty" instead of you know, CHARISMATIC GRACE means she is sexualized when she doesn't need to be.
You obviously dont understand the whole concept of a spider, wich was clarified, PLENTY OF TIMES in here, do you?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mindllapse

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilia View Post
Male domination?

Many people is basicly asking for female champions to wear, almost, fregging burqa. Now, thats MALE domination. Thats being stupidly machist.

I mean, its amazing the big fuss someone could make over pixels, really. Specially, when the situation aint that critical. I mean, really, people complains a lot on Syndra, and i keep thinking that her attire, design, etc, is awesome.
I have little to no idea what you just said because half of your post did not make any sense and/or was completely irrelevant as a reply to my own post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Canas Lute

Junior Member

11-16-2012

One more.

PLEASE! Why does the possibility of men being oversexualized, totally eradicate anything being wrong with women being oversexualized?

Seriously?

You all arguing that men are oversexualized as well... prove nothing. Let's assume they are... so what?

We are still annoyed by boobs being shoved in our faces, as that is what is most obviously being shoved in my face as a hetero male. I don't think it's hard to imagine there are girls who don't like the representation of males. But once again, that's totally beside the point, considering we are expressing our discontent over the issue of female representation.

(And anyway let's be real... it's totally skewed worse for the women of LoL. I'm just making a point.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheGreatDecay

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilia View Post
You obviously dont understand the whole concept of a spider, wich was clarified, PLENTY OF TIMES in here, do you?
Have you seen spiders before? There is nothing sexual about them. I don't care how "clarified" it is if its wrong.

The only spiders that attract others are the ones that are colorful. Elise is black. It doesn't make sense. Or, I guess it does, but only because she was written to be in a sexualized role in the first place. Being a spider has nothing to do with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luhz

Senior Member

11-16-2012

i mean seriously, who cares? If this upsets you then dont play mmos, they are designed mostly to please male players since that is what makes up the majority of the playerbase

I mean really do you see anyone complaining about male champs with 6 packs and shirts off? No.

Girls have breasts, get over it, holy ****


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carmilia

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canas Lute View Post
One more.

PLEASE! Why does the possibility of men being oversexualized, totally eradicate anything being wrong with women being oversexualized?

Seriously?

You all arguing that men are oversexualized as well... prove nothing. Let's assume they are... so what?

We are still annoyed by boobs being shoved in our faces
Get it right. No us. YOU, and a minority. Proofs? This thread started with plenty of upvotes. It has ended in -175 downvotes right now. I personally believe that you people are getting just way too paranoid with the topic, reason i'll never support ya around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDecay View Post
Have you seen spiders before? There is nothing sexual about them. I don't care how "clarified" it is if its wrong.

The only spiders that attract others are the ones that are colorful. Elise is black. It doesn't make sense. Or, I guess it does, but only because she was written to be in a sexualized role in the first place. Being a spider has nothing to do with it.
I didnt make the explanation. It was done by people before me. Plenty of times. Wich is incredibly valid. But since you people dont bother reading half the posts, or read at your very own convenience, then it cant be helped. Thats another reason of why i take this kind of topics rather comical, since you guys will just jump on whats convenient anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hapsby

Senior Member

11-16-2012

I think Nami looks sweet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mindllapse

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canas Lute View Post
One more.

PLEASE! Why does the possibility of men being oversexualized, totally eradicate anything being wrong with women being oversexualized?

Seriously?

You all arguing that men are oversexualized as well... prove nothing. Let's assume they are... so what?

We are still annoyed by boobs being shoved in our faces, as that is what is most obviously being shoved in my face as a hetero male. I don't think it's hard to imagine there are girls who don't like the representation of males. But once again, that's totally beside the point, considering we are expressing our discontent over the issue of female representation.

(And anyway let's be real... it's totally skewed worse for the women of LoL. I'm just making a point.)
Agreed.

One of the results of liberal feminism was to sexualize men as well as women in the pursuit of making both genders equal.

Radical feminism argues that the sexualization, objectification, and/or commodification of people is already something that is antithetical to the pursuit of equality, so sexualizing both genders isn't making anything better, but only making everything worse while giving the illusion that it is okay.

But then again I play games for the challenge of the gameplay and the competition, so personally I could care less what they make champions look like, however morally reprehensible they may turn out to be.