@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenebi View Post
The argument could be made that OP is objectifying women herself by reducing the character to her apparent breast size. It's important to remember that some people actually do have large breasts in real life. Attractive/scantily clad female characters are not inherently degrading toward women, any more than attractive/scantily clad male characters are inherently degrading toward men.
[B]
Whether it's degrading is hardly the issue.

And the argument that OP is the one objectifying the characters in question is ridiculous. All you have to do is look at them. These aren't borderline cases, they're overtly sexualized.

Option Paralysis

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenvas View Post
sigh...
dianas model doesnt live up to her artwork. her face comes from the same narrow genepool as the other female champs of her age. her body is only different in means of her chestplate, which hasnt got shaped-out breasts. a step towards the right direction, but just a small one.

nidalee could be counted as blck right? or atleast almost, so LoL totally has black champions, no reason to add more than one.

nitpicking at an argument doesnt destroy it, this is not the deathstar with one fatal weakness.

aww, you just missed it again. its alright, take your time.
lol @ the snide remark again. Diana's in game model is the exact same as her splash art O_o. I'm not sure of what you're seeing, but it's pretty dead on to me. As for the Nidalee/nitpicking? It seems to be you. Just because I only listed one example, doesn't mean that there aren't plenty more. On the last post of page 19, I already blatantly listed several examples of female champs that aren't portrayed as sexy, though you'd disagree because apparently heels mean a woman is a hooker or something. Once again, back to square one. You have a problem because you WANT a problem.

As for this whole "I disagree so I'm going to talk to you like a less-intelligent person" strategy you have going, it isn't working. False points and examples followed by nothing but ad hominem means you have no ammo to support your view. Learn how to debate and get back to me when you can speak without personally insulting me.

<3.

Yo mama simply

11-16-2012

Oh god. When would the furries ever stop whining about not having "female champion that's sexualized for them"

xzephyr

11-16-2012

You do know ironstylus is one person right? There are many more artists that would be working on this kind of thing. It's probably already been said on this discussion but still. It's not just one person.

LegendaryJoey

11-16-2012

Hey Everyone just wanted to throw in an interesting article... and I know everyone is gonna say "This is stupid and your stupid and everyone that doesnt think women should stop shaving their armpits is less intelligent than me"

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...women-as-parts

So since women's brains see women and men the same way men's brains do, and identify them as parts. Could it be that maybe the issue here isn't social but biological?

Again I know i'm an idiot for not agreeing that we should all start a commune that worships one *** over the other and do nothing to upset the matriarch but you wanted some science and I brought you some.

ALtheeGreat

11-16-2012

I didn't know this side of league of legends existed. I'm too busy worrying about getting ganked o.O lol.

LegendaryJoey

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrx005 View Post
"Wrong"?

We can say that oversexualization of women in media is destructive and has negative consequences for virtually everyone in society. We can say that because it's objectively true. Every psychological/sociological study ever done on the subject has found that.

We can also say that Riot has publicly agreed with us that it's a problem, and that they would prefer it if every champ weren't oversexualized, which makes their actions hypocritical. Again, not an opinion. A fact.

There is no ambiguity here. There isn't even much room for debate.

mtrx005 you obviously feel very strongly about your opinion. I suggest not bringing it to GD because your not making thought provoking interesting posts that anyone can respond to. All your doing is insulting anyone of the opposite opinion and saying "its science you ******"

If you feel so strongly stop playing this video game and supporting Riot, who is not going to make nun champs no matter how many people you can manage to insult on GD

Primanocte

11-16-2012

Am I the only one that hopes the OP and people of his ilk all get aids?

Beatnation

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
After all of the comments you have made about giving us more female body types, you release two female champions one after another with huge cleavage on display.

Why did Elise need huge breasts that literally HEAVE up and down in her login screen? She is a spider - the perfect opportunity for you guys to make a truly monstrous female champion.

I thought to myself, "Ok, maybe the next female champ will be better."

I just saw Nami's in game model and art. Again, we have prominent breasts on display for absolutely zero reason. You could have gone a number of other directions with this and made it more unique and much much cooler without making another BOOBFEST champ.

I remember after Elise came out people were disappointed about her character design and you replied to a forum thread saying that you would address our concerns.

They weren't address and now we have Nami. I probably won't even buy her although I main support. I just can't support Riot saying one thing and then doing another as far as female champ design anymore.

EDIT: Here are some screenshots for those that are wondering what I'm talking about because Nami is "omg lol a fish so how could she have boobs."

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xgAsff_kG2U/UKXPfvpOEAI/AAAAAAAAKAY/sEKFM3QoyQY/s1600/nami.png

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-z8dPIbhN9Hc/UKXSFC0ySUI/AAAAAAAAKAw/I3H0ZR_0VvY/s1600/mermmy.png

Also, check out the video of Nami in action next to Kat - Kat seems like she'd be a much more sexualized character but Nami's breasts are much more prominently on display and more obvious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-CfHApTyBM

buttkraken

11-16-2012

Don't you people f**king understand that what they are releasing now has been in the pipeline for a long time now? I've had it with this female sexy champions conversation, they have already acknowledged it.. Shut up already gaaaaaahhhhhh