@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris View Post
waitwaitwait, the poster was mocking this other poster for using Ariel as an excuse to why totally fine with oversexuallizing a young female (cause disney did it first, yknow?)

so... yeah.

Yes, thank you.

Using Disney as a legitimate argument is kind of dumb.

Using traditional mythology around mermaids (who were topless) is alright, but they were topless due to the pointless nature of clothing and NOT sexualization.

Nami is for sexualization only.

RisottoNero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
just as you could say nami was female in her lore without making her look like a woman, just saying.
when we asked for more monster girls, we meant like anivia, cho'gath, etc. not half-humans...
Those aren't monster girls. Those are monsters. Monster girls are a retarded fetish some guys sadly have and we have to deal with them in many games. Like we didn't have enough with the horny teens.

And monsters don't count as men or women because they are monsters. And I'm talking about monsters and other creatures like Kog'maw, Cho'gath and well the other few we actually have. Nobody cares about their gender.

Moby the White

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils View Post
Don't feel bad. I've been making a bunch of trolly posts (because that's what I feel the thread deserves), but when I actually wrote up a legitimate response to the thread, it went unanswered. OP isn't ignoring rude posts, they're ignoring/shrugging off any posts that aren't "You're right! The boobs are unnecessary!"
sigh its sad cus i have to change locations soon and won't get to read a reply on this...i just hope this stays bumped all day so i can read it later and see if she replies to me :S

And fyi if anyone claims i said ariel was an acceptable reason for as to why this champ was okay. as someone said prior. which i hope they aren't referring to me. Let it be known that in that post I was merely listing a range of mermaids conceptual imagery possibility. Not making her a rationalization for oversexualization dear god no.

Valkymie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nearby Shrub View Post
you have to also realize there aren't ANY female champions that are full monsters
two overweight (can you even call urgot that? hes patched together not really human)
ez is like 13 and the only low muscle tone full human male in the game if i recall
anivia broski
we apparently are only allowed one coupon for fullmonster females

and thats still +2 for you +0 for us

Mr Mog

11-16-2012

Downvoted.

When you're downvoted by a moogle, you know you're being stupid.

Stop whining and stop being childish.

Play or Leave.

PS: This moogle doesn't downvote anyone... till today.

swils

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Yes, thank you.

Using Disney as a legitimate argument is kind of dumb.

Using traditional mythology around mermaids (who were topless) is alright, but they were topless due to the pointless nature of clothing and NOT sexualization.

Nami is for sexualization only.
So... you'd prefer Nami being unclothed? Because that'd be as true-to-myth as you can get. Or perhaps she could only be wearing some pasties? Or maybe just do her barbie-doll style?

If they'd done Nami like they'd done Siren Casseiopeia (about as close to "oooh boobies hangin out all over the place" as you're likely to see in LoL art), then I'm guessing there'd be just as much of a ****storm being raised.

http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflege...renSkin_Ch.jpg

Dreampod

11-16-2012

I agree with your general point but you are woefully ignorant of the realities of game development. Both those champions will have been in the development pipeline since well before those discussions took place. Beyond that IronStylus made it very, very clear that they were still going to make sexy and scantily clad female champions, just that they were also going to ensure that a more varied representation of female champions are produced to satisfy all their customers and avoid egregiously bad representations like Sejuani.

Paris

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
sigh its sad cus i have to change locations soon and won't get to read a reply on this...i just hope this stays bumped all day so i can read it later and see if she replies to me :S

And fyi if anyone claims i said ariel was an acceptable reason for as to why this champ was okay. as someone said prior. which i hope they aren't referring to me. Let it be known that in that post I was merely listing a range of mermaids conceptual imagery possibility. Not making her a rationalization for oversexualization dear god no.
calm down, it wasn't you.

NotSid

11-16-2012

This is the sound of nobody caring.

Valkymie

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkofIce View Post
She's a Mermaid, not a fish. And Mermaids have always had quite visible boobs. It's not like they took something conservative, or potentially conservative (like Elise) and over-sexualized it.

It's a mermaid- mermaids are sexy. It's why fishermen like them and have told stories about them.

Get over it.
that being said, they keep dishing out champs that are "supposed to be sexy" so they can get away with it.
and also mermaids arent real and can totally be interpreted as monstrous
hell they can even be monstrous and still retain their feminine features without being oversexualized.

-------------

and also to the people talking about how long it takes to make champs
im pretty sure we've been arguing about the sexism in video games longer than it takes to make most champs (maybe not ones like elise that have been in the works from day 1)
but even then, while idk about modeling, it wouldn't take much to make a few changes to splash art, etc. so idk why you guys think that concepts for a character are set in stone at some point in their development. (i mean they even changed valk diana's head post-release, it's not impossible)
that being said i dont want them to have to change champs after release.
they dont really have to dish them out this fast either
i mean we have over 100 champs why would it be bad for them to slow down and fix problems that have supposedly been acknowledged by them