@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Just like we needed Graves to put the manly back into ADC, I think we need a dark and/or male support character as well.
May I suggest....

Giving Swain a new title to better fit him, and create a new Noxian male support with the title of "Master Tactician"?

Imperfectable

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
Probably not. Most Rioters don't seem to have the most well-rounded education. Which also explains why they don't really understand how big of a problem this is in the entertainment industry and society as a whole.
This is your problem, and the problem of most of the people arguing on both sides of this thread: the automatic assumption that you are somehow better-educated or more knowledgeable on the subject than people who hold the opposing view, and that the only reason they do not agree with you is due to ignorance.

Accepting that conflicting viewpoints have validity and other people bring meaningful experience and perspective to a discussion goes a long way toward convincing people that you're a sincerely well-meaning person and not just a misguided "crusader" out to bolster your own ego by rallying behind a dubious cause.

I apologize for calling you out on this in particular; you are by no means the worst (or even one of the worst) examples of people doing this in the thread, on either side of the issue. You seem more like you're simply frustrated rather than sincerely convinced that you are some sort of "civilizing influence" benevolently offering superior social constructs to the ignorant masses. You can do better; most of the people in this thread, I'm not so sure.

Slashiroth

11-18-2012

Quote:
Just like we needed Graves to put the manly back into ADC, I think we need a dark and/or male support character as well.
Yo tarics default is white his skins are black wonder why

DECftw

11-18-2012

who the **** cares....honestly...

The Fizznity

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DECftw View Post
who the **** cares....honestly...
134 pages worth of people

swils

11-18-2012

I really appreciate the Reds coming in here and addressing things in a mostly professional manner.

However, this thread should have been over at page 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy View Post
Guess what? Champion designs are in production for months at a time, so you won't actually see a change just yet. They're not going to halt the next five champions because "STOP THE PRESSES, LET'S MAKE HER BOOBLESS BECAUSE ART DEPARTMENT SAYS SO!"

"But sir, this is a man..."

Darkwahn

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
I don't understand why I have to be the focus of such vitriol for making a thread like this one. If people keep making the same thread week in and week out, doesn't that mean that the issue is still an issue?

Yes, a huge part of the community likes trashy champs because they like breasts. I don't hate on breasts in general. I hate on sticking breasts on champs that don't need them and a lack of variety. Does League want to expand even further and welcome a wider variety of people? They're going to have to display a wider variety of champs that appeal to a variety of different people.

Because the threads get downvote closed almost every time that they are made. No one likes to see the same **** made over and fucking over. I do not believe at all that making breasts less prominent will increase the playerbase by any relevant amount. There's simply no reason to believe that it would. I have yet to see a sizable amount of people who say that this "trashy" art style is preventing them from playing the game; and I seriously doubt that I ever will.

Stark24

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Or perhaps a dark necromancer/sorcerer that uses their powers to "augment" their lane partner.

Sconethief

11-18-2012

Quote:
We need Angus.... Angus will save us.

thenewzero

11-18-2012

Quote:
This would be great. Also, have the person who designed Graves' look design him, because Graves is smokin' hot. =x