@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG Crono

11-18-2012

Seeing how many people downvoted this thread makes me very sad. But seing some of these red responses (as well as a few of the non-red responses, thank you very much Mr. Mughi on page 111) makes me feel better. There may yet be hope for the world.

Shingro

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You fail to realize the size of the the deep hole inside of me that WANTS TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY.
I want to give you hugs IronStylus You've tried to address people's concerns while also defending the artistic freedom of your art team, instead of banning choices you're encouraging more diversity, you're everything I could have asked for in an artistic team lead.

Just remember that when you find out you cannot possibly make everyone happy (often because some people will refuse compromise) That there's hundreds of thousands of quieter voices who are enjoying the content you guided out and are quite happy you're on the line making careful calls, keeping things interesting and non-bland.

dyfrgi

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is the valid conversation to pursue, because it speaks to variety as opposed to the moral foundations of sexualization or offense.
Good to know! Thanks for letting me know that women should be ignored when they complain about the oversexualization of female characters in videogames, because that conversation isn't the valid one to pursue. Thanks for explaining that to me, Morello! Now I'll totally be a better ally to women... oh wait, or not.

Isysar

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
50 pages.. no way I can read every one of these posts. To sum up though, despite what you may think, I am not the single point of failure in a scenario where a busty lady makes it through our pipeline. I'm here to be one of many voices that chimes in when appropriate. Can I flip a table or two? Absolutely, if I deem it unnecessary. I really wasn't too terribly concerned about Nami because, well, I think she's a cool design.

Did I notice the ruffles revealing some fish flesh? Yeah, I saw it months ago. Did I think it was particularly a good idea to poo-poo the design when it was on its way, when it was gathering momentum, and when it was being passionately worked on by the artist? Hell no. This will be this particular artist's first champion ever in the game. It's her show in that regard. I didn't find the cleavage to be a monumental red flag.

When I saw the concept I was like.. look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think this concept's complete? Wouldn't you think she's the girl, the girl that has, everything? Look at those frills, how they unfold. How many wonders can one mermaid hold? Looking around here you think, sure, she's got everything. She's got flippers and scepters a plenty. She's got dashes and splashes galore. You want complementary curves? She's got twenty. But who cares, no big deal, she wants more.

She wants to be where the players are, she wants to see, wants to see them fighting, thinking inside of those, what do you call them? Oh, brains! Flipping to mid you don't get to far. Supports are required for healing, casting, strolling along on that.. what's that word again? Lane! Up where they toss, up where they stun, up where they lane all day in the sun, wandering free, wished she could be, part of that role.

What would she pay, if she could play, out of those waters? What sort of gift, would let her lift, up to the game? Betcha in the rift, they get the drift, that they appreciate their healers. Crowd controllers, supporting rollers, ready to sustain, and ready to help with Carry's job. Lock up the gankers and get some assists. What's a Baron, and how does it, what's the word? Buff! When's it enough? Wouldn't they love, love to play some support up above?

Out of the sea.

Wished she could be.

Part of that roll.

..tune in next time when I explain our champion creation process akin to how the mice put together Cinderella's dress.

^ Fricking epic post.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-18-2012

*** sells.

Deal with it.

SirLanik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

I watched her entire video of preview and didn't notice the boobs. I thought that was coloring on her front side.

After being informed its boobs and looking closer, I'm fine with it. It's nowhere near the in your face of Syndra or Elise (and elise is only bad in her concept art, in game you can hardly tell, and she's a giant monster spider a lot XD.) Zyra is very fluid, despite having boots I get a very palpable "this isn't hardly a real body at this point but just plant stuff" from her just in the way she moves.

Mostly covered up boobs that blend in with coloring on a champion WITH A BIG AWESOME TAIL AND FINS???

Yeah I'm fine.

existingdark

11-18-2012

Someone obviously had a childhood problem with the Legend of Zelda's Zoras

Reaganomics

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
Fact is, Riot has made two female champs with huge breasts that did not need breasts as part of their character design. Nami and Elise are not seductresses - they don't need huge racks.
Except Elise IS a seductress.

She is 100% based on the entire "Black Widow" Concept, the only difference is she is luring people in with promises of religious salvation.

Sunedge

11-18-2012

Riot give me a Maleficent like mage and you can have my mudkipz!!!

WHATSGOODYO

11-18-2012

Why do you honestly care SO much? It's a video game, they want they're female champions to look appealing and look hot so people like them, if they came out with a female champion like Trundle, guaranteed 100% no one would play her. So stfu and stop focusing on boobs so much, yes maybe boobs shouldnt be popping out of every female champion but who honestly cares? ITS A GAME.