@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fluffseed

11-18-2012

Can't believe all you can see is boobs when you have a mermaid in front of you. What make her(or any half human creatures) stand out is the blending of nonhuman and human traits. And yet you choose to focus on boobs?

It's like instead of tasting the different ingredients that contribute to the making of a Chinese dish, all you see is the soy sauce in it, and goes on to proclaim that it is just like any other Chinese food.

I'd rather you complain about semi-human fantasies being an abomination of the mind or something.

Finch Toast

11-18-2012

Anyone notice her eyes? I did, they're beautiful.

Imperfectable

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertryx View Post
thats my point right there, people already are complaining about the game based on dantes new look alone.
Guilty as charged. He looks strung out six days on heroin. That does not conform to the power-fantasy I want to experience while fighting demons.

Zertryx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffseed View Post
Can't believe all you can see is boobs when you have a mermaid in front of you. What make her(or any half human creatures) stand out is the blending of nonhuman and human traits. And yet you choose to focus on boobs?

It's like instead of tasting the different ingredients that contribute to the making of a Chinese dish, all you see is the soy sauce in it, and goes on to proclaim that it is just like any other Chinese food.

I'd rather you complain about semi-human fantasies being an abomination of the mind or something.
THIS is the problem with EVERY boob thread for every champion, their only focus is something that's natural and find a way to make it seem unnatural ... yet they are playing a VIDEO GAME that has a whole fake universe.

IMO the people who complain about the boobs on females are actually closet pervs who need a way to atone for their sins of looking at video game boobs and are trying to get the developers make something they wont get all hot and bothered by so they can actually play the game.

Zertryx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinchToast View Post
Anyone notice her eyes? I did, they're beautiful.
i noticed her eyes, tail, her movement (played her on PBE) he voice and joke everything about her is fresh clean and amazing and everything flows (no pun intended) just right with her

Finch Toast

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertryx View Post
i noticed her eyes, tail, her movement (played her on PBE) he voice and joke everything about her is fresh clean and amazing and everything flows (no pun intended) just right with her
Should have left the pun. I believe they mentioned they are working on her voice and might be changing it. Since, I don't have access to pbe, I can't remember her voice.. Back to Youtube I go!

Morphine

11-18-2012

I like Nami and I think she looks great.

@IronStylus: I trust you guys are gonna have more cool stuff to show us soon, and that Rome wasn't built in a day, etc. I don't want to get into the whole pitchfork-and-torch histrionics. I just think this really samey run of 'angry mostly naked purple lady' (Syndra, Elise, DV Diana, Zyra) has kind of left a bad taste in people's mouths. Not because it's samey (like you mentioned, the dudefest streak a few months back was a thing), but because for months and months you've talked about adding "variety" or "diversity" to the game. This may be because we're at a specific time before that's really paid dividends, but it feels like instead of adding diversity you guys are just taking something we're already super oversaturated with and adding more and more of that.

I'll wait for some other awesome female characters like Diana - and maybe even some that always have clothes on? Kayle is sitting in a lonely corner right now. I have faith, but this reaction seems more geared toward "hey Riot you keep saying you're gonna do something and you demonstrably are not" (at this specific point in time, from the content available to the public) than "RIOT Y U SO BOOBS", which strikes me as less reasonable.

Zertryx

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinchToast View Post
Should have left the pun. I believe they mentioned they are working on her voice and might be changing it. Since, I don't have access to pbe, I can't remember her voice.. Back to Youtube I go!
idk me personally i enjoy her current voice, but with all things riot does i mostly have faith in them as im still playing the game so they haven't disappointing me yet, only a few things have been disappointing but they are very minimal

Slashiroth

11-18-2012

Are the homosexuals raging again because boobs? Don't you have pink taric to keep you gays satisfied?

Fongletto

11-18-2012

Maybe I'm simplifying this a little to much. However I still equate these threads to writing to a chocolate company and saying "HEY! Wai all your different chocolates have chocolate in them!!!! Don't you know you can make healthy snacks? Don't you know that some people prefer carrots? Don't you know that eating lots of chocolates makes you fat?"

Well yes all those and these posts may be true BUT a company's job is to make what sells. Guys like breasts. Mostly guys play LOL. Therefore they give their female champions visible breasts. Any of their marketing research team will tell you this exactly. If all their characters were butt ugly, or didn't fit the ideals of the larger portion of their player base then they wont make money and they will lose players. Personally I love every character design on their females except for Diana and Sej. If they started making ultra females with shaved heads and being obese I would not buy them, and if they only made those characters without great showing cleavage I probably wouldn't play the game.

Now as for the whole "well all their silhouettes look the same/bodyshape etc" Yes that's true, but there are only so many "sexy" types of bodies. I say this by the general standards. Having a super fat girl version of gragas might be cool and unique but whether or not it would sell and ultimately get played more than another champion is probably unlikely.

Tldr; The same reason they don't make grotesque characters is the same reason they show champions breasts. It's good marketing and its what the Majority of people enjoy.