@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ailias

11-18-2012

Basically it comes down to this

The male champions in this game are reflective of the roles they are designed to do. The beefy melee's are beefy, the ranged squishies are just that.They also vary in age as well as physical appearance.

For the women though, they all look pretty much the same.

Young

Thin

Varying degrees of boobiness from large to effing redonculous.

There is absolutely ZERO variation in the female champions, there is plenty for the guys.

Also, Morello if this was the opinion of only a few people then why are these threads not only continually created, but for the most part strongly supported?

Zertryx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumyr View Post
Mughi... gets it.

Few people don't want attractive women represented in the game. Every character is an idealization of something. Many are sexualized in some way and for quite a few, sexualization is a primary visual motif (Varus, Miss Fortune). They could turn around and do an actual seductress character tomorrow, and her hips and boobs wouldn't be the problem that they are on Elise and Nami, because they'd fit the character.

Did you read elises lore? she is a seductress
do you ever look at pictures of mermaids? they are topless no scales human top half fully naked or have only seashells for bras (more un realistic as they are from the sea and fish are born naked)

Googled mermaids for you took 30 seconds to look at the first 2 rows and find these
- http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1856-1858.jpg
- http://www.thehorrorzine.com/Odd/Mer...15_mermaid.jpg
- http://chinadailyshow.com/wp-content.../mermaid11.bmp
- http://dangerouslee.files.wordpress....08/mermaid.jpg

Even Ariel reveals more http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...el_mermaid.jpg

Nami is fine

Ailias

11-18-2012

Oh and I forgot to add

Why are nearly all of the support champs female? Apart from Taric (and I suppose Nunu) they are all female.

Zertryx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailias View Post
There is absolutely ZERO variation in the female champions, there is plenty for the guys.
i compltley dissagree

- annie
- Poppy
- Trist
- Lulu
- Lux
- Riven
- Leona
- Kayle
- Sejuani
- Diana

theres a ton more but they are all different and varried

the men all the human ones are big buff dudes in armor, if anything men are less varied

but then you would say graves varus ezreal corki teemo ... see my point, there is variety you are just forcing yourself to only see one thing and not actually sit and look at whats really out there

Zertryx

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailias View Post
Oh and I forgot to add

Why are nearly all of the support champs female? Apart from Taric (and I suppose Nunu) they are all female.
probably due to the natural fact that motherly love takes care of their children. in nature its commonly known that the female has the nutriment to heal and protect their young. (supportive)

However you also failed to mention Blitzcrank, Alistar, Teemo, Shen (Yes teemo is and was originally designed to play support and can as his abilitys dont really require items to still be effective, blind / map control helps a team out very well)

Shen as well is also tagged as a support / tank and his abilitys help control / heal / shield allies.

Some people also play fiddle as a support due to his CC along with volibear and nautalus.

But if you are looking at just tags then yeah maybe a new male support would be cool

Finch Toast

11-18-2012

Nami's a mermaid, er, merperson.. Merwoman! (Please forgive me Nami!) They are sometimes even considered Sirens.(Though, I believe mermaids and sirens are different, some new media disagrees with me.) I don't mind the sexualitzation of Nami because its done in an elegant fashion. The way her ruffles open up actually gives it a very regal look. It is also something common in female dresses on the market.

There is something else I wish to point out. It was a female who designed Nami. If I'm not mistaken, this was stated by IronStylus. (@Riot If I'm wrong please correct me)

I am a female and over-sexualized females do not bother me. (Most of the time.) There are sometimes I whine at my friend about it but that's all and its not to be taken to seriously. What can I say, I like to complain.

Edit: Also, If you do not make that beautiful ballad by IronStylus the login music for Nami, I will be very distraught. :P

TehJackAttack

11-18-2012

boooooobs

Ailias

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zertryx View Post
i compltley dissagree

- annie
- Poppy
- Trist
- Lulu
- Lux
- Riven
- Leona
- Kayle
- Sejuani
- Diana

theres a ton more but they are all different and varried

the men all the human ones are big buff dudes in armor, if anything men are less varied

but then you would say graves varus ezreal corki teemo ... see my point, there is variety you are just forcing yourself to only see one thing and not actually sit and look at whats really out there
So lets start by cutting that list in half by removing all the children/yordles

You're still left with a group of females who are all thin (despite many wearing rather heavy armor) and still large breasted. I have no idea why people consider Lux flat chested, she's still quite large and pronounced. There is no variation in body size or age.

As for your secondary post, yeah I guess I did forget a few of the guys, but all of the recent ones have been female.

As for the female being the nurturer... in many species this is far from the case.

Zertryx

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinchToast View Post
Nami's a mermaid, er, merperson.. Merwoman! (Please forgive me Nami!) They are sometimes even considered Sirens.(Though, I believe mermaids and sirens are different, some new media disagrees with me.) I don't mind the sexualitzation of Nami because its done in an elegant fashion. The way her ruffles open up actually gives it a very regal look. It is also something common in female dresses on the market.

There is something else I wish to point out. It was a female who designed Nami. If I'm not mistaken, this was stated by IronStylus. (@Riot If I'm wrong please correct me)

I am a female and over-sexualized females do not bother me. (Most of the time.) There are sometimes I whine at my friend about it but that's all and its not to be taken to seriously. What can I say, I like to complain.
Pretty much how i feel about the male champions, the human guys are all depicted as muscular but i dont find it a reason to complain because 1: i know its a game 2: when i play the games i do i like to play things i dont see in real life.

Imagine if Dante from devil may cry was a nerdy skinny kid from a highschool ..... that game would be 100x less fun and would have failed. Better example .... Imagine if DRAVEN wasn't Draven and instead some average weak guy in his 20's ...... people would flip tables

coffee addict

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Oh rly?

Teemo needs more skins.

Also...errr nvm. You know.

EDIT:
Reading and absorbing thread. Good conversation folks. Wish I had more to add, but Morello and Stylus have pretty much said everything I wanted to say but better.
Cupid teemo this valentines day IRONSTYLUS PLS