Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gixia

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
Do I think that within the larger context of fulfilling the fantasy that players wish to embrace when they take the roll of a face-melting mermaid princess

But... But I don't wanna melt faces with my mermaid princess! D:
I wanna splash water and blow bubbles at them instead!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-18-2012

Quote:
Gixia:
But... But I don't wanna melt faces with my mermaid princess! D:
I wanna splash water and blow bubbles at them instead!


My apologies, that is indeed probably the more appropriate fantasy being established here =P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS118d1c68b944ead659909

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Morello:
I want to make what people like.

Yeah people like porn and pornstars, so let's make one! Or two! Or even ten of them!

As I see it now:
Miss Fortune = pornstar, Morgana = pornstar (dat splash art), Sona = silent pornstar, Zyra = pornstar, Elise = pornstar, and. many other female champs including our new "lovely" support fish.

On the bright side - at least, she can't wear high heels.

EDIT: Now I feel it is like: Do you want to watch almost naked ladies? Now you don't have to find appropriate sites, just log in to our game and I am sure you will be happy with work of our artists.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryswar

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
mogonk:
Yeah, you guys have done well at delegating the job of dealing with the discontent over this to people who seem to actually care.

Of course, ultimately you just trick people into thinking that Riot as a whole cares far more about this issue than you actually do, which isn't even a good PR move except in the very short term. Misleading players about how Riot sees this only works until they figure out you're just lying to them.

Your posts in this thread, combined with IronStylus, go a long way towards establishing once and for all that most reds don't care.

dear

god

SHUT UP

your ridiculously overdramatic outrage is getting obnoxious


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Moon Cricket

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Can we get more WH40K inspired things Kha'zix clearly has tyranid inspiration.

where's our Ork!?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-18-2012

Quote:
mogonk:
Yeah, you guys have done well at delegating the job of dealing with the discontent over this to people who seem to actually care.

Of course, ultimately you just trick people into thinking that Riot as a whole cares far more about this issue than you actually do, which isn't even a good PR move except in the very short term. Misleading players about how Riot sees this only works until they figure out you're just lying to them.

Your posts in this thread, combined with IronStylus, go a long way towards establishing once and for all that most reds don't care.


You have got to be kidding me...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gixia

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
My apologies, that is indeed probably the more appropriate fantasy being established here =P

On a more serious note, this thread, and several others that cropped up today, has had some pretty abysmal attitudes from all involved, myself included. That said, the last, oh, say 9 pages or so? They've been pretty good (mostly). Considering how bad things were throughout the day, I'm actually amazed at the quality of well-thought out responses I've seen from people in the last few pages. Mughi of Ruckus's post on page 111 especially gets my vote for best non-red post (only because your song way earlier on in the thread was too pro).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dissid

Junior Member

11-18-2012

I'd really love to see champions that are totally out of the realm of Earth and human culture...kind of like kha-zix but he's too alien-predator- ish...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Moon Cricket

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Still waiting on that Ork inspired champion


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-18-2012

Quote:
Gixia:
On a more serious note, this thread, and several others that cropped up today, has had some pretty abysmal attitudes from all involved, myself included. That said, the last, oh, say 9 pages or so? They've been pretty good (mostly). Considering how bad things were throughout the day, I'm actually amazed at the quality of well-thought out responses I've seen from people in the last few pages. Mughi of Ruckus's post on page 111 especially gets my vote for best non-red post (only because your song way earlier on in the thread was too pro).


Yup, I saw his post and his suggested "response" is pretty much on the money.

..in fact.. why don't I just steal it and auto-post it as my standard reply! Yeah, that's the ticket! Unbridled theft!