@IronStylus: I am very disappointed in you and the art team.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valkymie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
sigh...now the OP is intentionally ignoring points of disagreement to avoid admitting being wrong.



Because animal ***** retracts when they aren't using it. You can't retract boobs because there's no point.
fish dont have boobs look there goes your argument
you cant stay true to one "animal fact" and ignore another so it can please 12 year old boys


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mtrx005

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
fish dont have boobs look there goes your argument
you cant stay true to one "animal fact" and ignore another so it can please 12 year old boys
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Riot is doing.

So apparently you can.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

parentheses

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
sigh...now the OP is intentionally ignoring points of disagreement to avoid admitting being wrong.
Because most of the points of disagreement are so well thought out and uninsulting...?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Don Dre

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Did you want Nami to be a whale?

(Take that how you may...)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
fish dont have boobs look there goes your argument
you cant stay true to one "animal fact" and ignore another so it can please 12 year old boys
Fish don't have boobs because they lack the mammalian upper body to be able to possess them.


But as you may or may not know, Nami is a mermaid. They are by definition, in possession of a humanoid upper body, a torso. Unless you want a reverse mermaid, you better expect some boobs on her. They're relatively tiny boobs anyways, the OP is over-exagerrating them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brutal4thenexus

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Waaah waaah waahh over sexualization waaah waah. This sh*t is becoming the new 'OmG dArIuS oP pLz NeRf.'


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swils

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentheses View Post
Because most of the points of disagreement are so well thought out and uninsulting...?
Rabble rabble rabble, I make a stupid rant and other stupid people support me, so I'm going to ignore all the people who reply at an equal level and just tell myself im right!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Okay, the thing is that if Nami had a small chest, maybe even flat-chested, it wouldn't be much of a problem. It would simply look like part of her fishy design....like frills and different colored scales.

Nami--unarguably--sounds like a girl 12-16. She has the boobs of very few adult women have (either fake or the rare women with natural, DDD boobs). It is creepy. It is pointless.

Ariel, on the other hand, is a modest version of a traditional mermaid, because it is a kids movie.


However, mermaids were originally topless because they were mythological creatures, therefore what is the point of clothing? Ariel has a seashell bra to provide modesty while being mermaidy (her daughter in the sequel actually wears a tank top), Nami is outright sexualization with no purpose.
yes this is exactly the point I was hoping someone would make I am so glad you brought the discussion to this point. I agree 99.9% Where I disagree is the fact that besides concept art and what I have read on the forums I have no other background info to go on. I cannot argue that her voice befits a 12-16 year old. My suggestion is that she quite correctly portrays in IMAGE only the entire embodiment* of that which we envision as a mermaid. Or at the very least that of naga mermaid. At least her style tends more towards the Naga species.

i don't think its necessary to do this to her, I don't believe its right. All that i am saying is a.) i feel Nami looks like a typical mermaid b.) that the artist who drew her would be insulted to see people disliked her hard work and c.) that situational oversexualization is acceptable to an extent. If you feel that I am wrong in this THEN i can understand you disagreeing with me. But don't forget that I am moderate in my opinion here and can understand both sides equally.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sizer

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Either IronStylus or Morello (possibly both) had stated that, while they agree with the community on increasing variety in body types, there were champions in the works that were too far along to change. Keep in mind champion's aren't dreamed up and designed overnight - It takes months.

Also, champions are still going to exist with the sexual body type, if Riot feels it fits the character (i.e Miss Fortune)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Nearby Shrub

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
fish dont have boobs look there goes your argument
you cant stay true to one "animal fact" and ignore another so it can please 12 year old boys
Yes, fish dont have boobs, but nami isnt a full fish she is top half human, humans have boobs.

lol look there goes your argument