Syndra, Volibear or Wukong

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlbanianBoy

11-15-2012

Which one and why please.

Thank you !

Bunnymo chan

11-15-2012

if you want something with high skillcap and will take you along time to master, go syndra.

if you want to be strong early and snowball, go volibear.

if you want to play jedi mindtricks go wukong.

I personally would probably choose wukong.

first time Vayne

11-16-2012

VOLISMASH, I choose you!...

...because you're a totally invincible ad carry, but no one knows it! Build health and attack speed and only enough damage to be dangerous, and this guy can wreck face.

Fed, unkillable Volibear on murderous rampage in the later early game = game over.

When I'm mad, I go solo top Voli and eat everything. Take him solo, get some early kills with ganks, and then snowball into a roaming killing machine. He's definitely capable of double kills everywhere, all on his own. It's nasty.

My Voli build is as follows:

Boots and pots to start --> Phage --> Bers Greaves --> (gank here) --> Frozen Mallet --> (go kill everything) --> Phantom Dancer --> Warmogs --> tanky dps items as needed --> another Phantom Dancer is optional, but highly desired. Keep killing along the way past your first PD. Beat on your laning partner whenever your passive is up as long as you can at least match him in damage. People don't like your passive.

Max R > W, then alternate between Q and E until they are maxed last.

If you go support with an aggressive ad carry player you can definitely win your lane. Rush Heart of Gold and boots, then flip, flip, flip. Max Ulti when available, of course -- otherwise, get points in Q then E then W, alternating Q and E (in that order) after you have points in all three. Max W last. Basically just reverse the solo lane leveling. Typical support build leaves you plenty scary in late game, and just as able to gank, though not alone in lane.

He's a blast. People fear your toss and your passive, you have a nasty slow if used correctly (ahem, after your toss), and you're a freaking bear who eats people! I highly recommend trying Voli out. I hope you have fun if you choose him!

first time Vayne

11-16-2012

Oh, and you can jungle Volibear, too. I don't know if that's your cup of tea, though. I personally don't jungle him because I prefer the extra gold gained in lane. Although his ganks are scary.... Hm...

NoneLikeRob

11-16-2012

I would wait on Syndra, we will hopefully get some changes to her in the nearish future. As she stand right now she is an incredibly fun champion to play, but she is lacking in some key places. First off, her damage takes a lot of setting up to properly apply, and because she requires all of her four abilities to burst down your opponent in lane phase, and her CDs are pretty high as well as her mana cost, she is tough to really get ahead with. On the positive side of her lane phase, she is an incredible farmer, but her lack of a gap closer lets a lot of her enemies get away with a little HP left over.

Now in team fights she can be useful for her CC with both her slow and her stun, but again, her lack of a gap closer keeps her from getting to the ADC so again she is lacking. Like I said before, she is really, really fun to play, but she is a bit lack luster as she sits now. With some reduction to some of her CD in the early levels of her skills, and some reduction to mana costs (she costs way too much mana for the output of her abilities) she will be a great mid, hopefully Riot will address her soon.

Volibear is another great champion, he can play both top and support quite well (with Top being preferred IMO) he is a strong laner who can build tanky as all get out and still maintain good damage to score the kills in lane. His passive is amazing, especially when coupled with a warmogs and a spirit visage. His downside is the lack of ANY ranged ability outside of his ult, making him countered easily by ranged champions. He is also susceptible to ignite as his massive health regen on his passive is one of the things that makes him so commanding in lane and hard to kill.

Now I can't say TOO much about Wukong because I have recently just purchased him myself, but my first impression are he is simply amazing. His damage is great through his Q and his E, and he is able to harass like a pro because of the stealth on his W allowing him to close in, damage the opponent and escape without taking any reprecussions. His W is the most fun thing about him, with some clever use of it, you can really make some amazing escapes from sticky situations, especially if you have flash off of CD while you are stealthed. His ultimate is a fantastic initiator into teamfights as it knocks up people as he spins around, while still doing nice damage.

All in all, between the three, I suggest Wukong, he is just a lot of fun and a champ you can carry with after some practice.

I Z Z I

11-16-2012

I would pick Wukong simply because of the act that he deals so much damage alone when he gets his trinity force. He is good at initiating fights and taking down the carries before they even knew what hit him(in their case, a big ass Monkey Wuju Stick).

Lakerfan

11-16-2012

voli.... Voli....... CHOOSE VOLI!!!!!!

I swear, that fricking bear is probably one of the most underrated OP champs that this game has seen. Hes a bit weak to start the game, especailly against other tops [F the jungle, this guy can snowball if he plays top better}, but a good player regardless of the champ can avoid olaf's axes, riven's jumps, darius pulls, etc.... However, once that mid game comes and voli has his warmog.......get ready for voli to 1v2 1v3 and even 1v4 the enemy! His ult deals solid magic damage to EVERYONE that is in quite a long range, and with solid attack speed plus the passive buff of his w and he is weakening the entire enemy team to at least half health in a team fight. rolling thunder ensures you can catch just about everybody, even after they use flash and their other pathetic skills to run away from you. W, well, his W is essentially.... a darius ult with a 10 second cooldown, you do the math. His E is a decent tool that i use to freeze lanes early game if my enemy is trying to beat me, and its extremely useful to use late game for its utility. His passive.... is basically dr mundos ult, only slightly slower. And did i forget to mention that his natural tankiness makes him impossible to kill? Hes basically a tank that deals huge loads of damage, which makes the enemy scream in fear when they realize that he isnt just used to absorb damage, hes there to kill anyone and everyone. Hes my choice simply because of how powerful he becomes mid game to late game, but you must know how to survive for a while in the top lane against slightly better tops early

swedish fish FTW

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by anAmishLady View Post
Oh, and you can jungle Volibear, too. I don't know if that's your cup of tea, though. I personally don't jungle him because I prefer the extra gold gained in lane. Although his ganks are scary.... Hm...
I would also go solo top Voli over Jungle Voli any day because you can play passively and let your enemy engage on you so you fling him into your minions and then slow them with your E and kill them with your W! Most people try to delecately balance tankiness and damage out put but with Volibear you don't need to! The health you stack, the damage you can deal and soak up! P.S. Volibear's Jungle clear speed is too slow for me early in my opinion. I also have Wukong and he is fun to play no doubt. (Especially when you juke your enemies to turret dive when you aren't there!) and can get an easy 1v2 double kill with your ult and some armor shred/pen!

LePWNa

02-19-2013

Wukong is ridiculously strong right now. His early trading is superb and he can generally get a kill the moment he hits 6 with the help of ignite. He also has one of the best late games for a bruiser. Just build two damage items (BC is a must, but you can pick between Triforce or LW) and a Warmog's and you're an initiation machine that also deals great damage while being rather tanky thanks to your passive.

Syndra is a lane bully and a skirmisher. She's not the best team fight mid, but she has an amazing early game and can wreck most mids with her burst, disruption, and range. She's also a safe pick. She has a bit of skill curve though.

Volibear is a niche pick. He has issues with getting kited but he puts out great early damage and does well against most melee champions. Voli jungle isn't that good IMO, but Voli top is solid. He's a really strong Jax counter. I don't play him often.

uthaiwit

02-20-2013

volibear