I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ØMGoff

11-18-2012

How is Olaf in the new jungle? I imagine he would be relatively the same.

serverny JR

11-18-2012

So all this fuss about "carry junglers are viabe now" is a big lie, just like season 2 jungle remake was just a flat out nerf to junglers impact/power level ?
Cool.

So we get all the same junglers with same farm, but harder jungle.
But without HOG now.
And without early ganks cause laners will still start boots anyway but you are forced into Machete.
Cool.

And no early Oracles for junglers vs new items with free wards.
Cool.

Another "bait and switch" by Riot, where another flat out nerf to junglers impact on the game is hidden behind walls of text.

Xigbar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Morello, if you're lowering lane CS, this isn't going to be so significant of a change that the game is going to be more about kills is it? It's bad enough some people seem to think that bush camping for kills is the way to go >_>

Themistius

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We also decreased lane minion gold, meaning most laners will see similar gold, but the difference in 30 CS won't be as big between players. This will also open up more cross-lane ganking.

The thing is these numbers are easy to adjust, and our expectation is that we'll be changing things a lot after it comes out. Not day-1 (as learning curve is a factor and I don't trust a first-day analysis due to low exposure), but we'll be pretty aggressive.
Yes but you also said that you wanted to see the return of carry jungler's and not just going gp/10 items, but the money is the same so why would anything change? You are just making the jungler's life more difficult, they get no gain from this.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnicholas22 View Post
Yes but you also said that you wanted to see the return of carry jungler's and not just going gp/10 items, but the money is the same so why would anything change? You are just making the jungler's life more difficult, they get no gain from this.
Yeah, this doesn't alleviate hyper ganking issue at all, it will basically be the same if not worse, like, now there is even less incentive to farm the jungle since you get the same money fro twice the work.

RokudoKou

11-18-2012

They should increase the early jungle gold, or make smite give more gold, even scaling. The new jungle difficulty + less gold income in early levels are actually making ganks a lot more worth that farming non stop.

Carry junglers in season 3 are a HUGE lie.

Duke Br0heimer

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Not day-1 (as learning curve is a factor and I don't trust a first-day analysis due to low exposure), but we'll be pretty aggressive.
Aggressive calculations.

Aggressive number changes.

Aggressive patching.

League Dev team living the thug life.

Sucker4Crime

11-18-2012

I'd like to see olaf jungle, or maybe even tryndamere.

Mmimzy

11-18-2012

lowering CS does alot of things:

it helps keep the jungle in line with the lanes.
It promotes aggressive play with in the lanes. (roming the map and kill folks).
It increase game length.
It helps new players who might be pretty bad at CS, while still allowing pros to benefit from CS.

I think this is the single best change to S3 even more so when you combine that with increased item cost. that help keep game time long. My only complaint is that the spectral wraith item is very lack luster when come compared to the others. But i suppose on my melee AP jungles i'll just get the tank one and focus Ap items from there.

Dunal

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall008 View Post
Has it been considered to perhaps up the respawn time on the small camps and add more gold to them similar to how it was in season 1?
Upping respawn time a bit would be great. That potentially makes counter-jungling better balanced too if you think about it (both better/worse in different ways).

It also helps AoE junglers (Such as Nautilus/Sejuani) because they often don't want to be taking Golems rather than wraiths/wolves (so waiting of them to spawn more instead). Or Fiddles/WW doesn't want wraiths over golems etc... It helps junglers be more selective in their clearing.

It also helps junglers more when laners take camps themselves. The downtime is less drastic so if camps are down, you don't have to wait too much if you come back to the jungle after ganking or recalling etc... (which is reason enough for laners to take camps currently -- before you come back to it).