I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LightEcho

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yeah - that's where we want to look most closely. While we know the raw numbers and have had testing, the circumstances that millions of games show can help us see if our methods are successful or not. We expect less early ganks from the jungle now, because the early game impact of them was so high and we wanted to lower it - players' expectations will need to align with what's optimal again. This applies to all the preseason changes really.

To answer your question, I think we are OK with more control-type junglers, but the scale of how harshly they control is the adjustment point for us to watch. Stealing the big monster is harder now, but even more important - meaning strong counterjungling has the potential to be devastating.
Except the actual gold reward from clearing camps has gone down. The overall gold gain for junglers comes from increased ambient gold. This means that both farming and counter jungling are discouraged since A) both are now undeniably harder, B) the rewards at each camp don;t match up to live until about 11 minutes in.

Weirding ways

11-17-2012

I'm actually curious how malzahar (specifically ad) fares in the jungle, bearing in mind his voidlings can tank for him very easily.

RyuPhalian

11-17-2012

Has anyone figured out of Cho'Gath is still viable in the new jungle? He is currently my favorite jungler and would love to know if he can stay in my list of viable junglers.

Elsie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
The added 25 MS is actually counted as Bonus MS. If you start with no boots or MS stuff (just the base 350 MS) his passive gives him 2.5 AD, 10% of 25 bonus MS. Pretty neat, huh
I'm not so sure about this. From what I've seen(which is admittedly limited to Stonewall's videos), they literally just added 25 base MS to everybody, since if you have no bonus MS from runes/masteries the MS number stayed gray, as if there was no change from the base. Of course, I haven't played on PBE yet, so I can't confirm what that means, but it would just be weird if it apparently counted as bonus MS when the game displays it as base MS.

IonDragonX

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Orange Be K View Post
I touched on this pages back (yes, I know I'm no stonewall, but general trends are still easy to see), but I've seen it come up a few times so I'll put it out there again:
He's just kinda "alright" if not still in bad shape. He's holds with a lot of others in initial clear time, but he will be a case of absolutely needing help/leashing, because he takes a heavy beating. So while it's doable and pretty quick, it's not really safe at all. :/
I also miss the armordillo
On the subject of Rammus, since every item had its move speed nerfed/price raised, his acceleration with his ball was inderectly buffed.

Felaedor

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightEcho View Post
Except the actual gold reward from clearing camps has gone down. The overall gold gain for junglers comes from increased ambient gold. This means that both farming and counter jungling are discouraged since A) both are now undeniably harder, B) the rewards at each camp don;t match up to live until about 11 minutes in.
And after 11 minutes in?

The point was to keep the gold generation the same early, increase it as the game progresses to emphasize the importance of jungle control, and reduce the prevalence of grabbing a buff and immediately ganking.

Seems like it's doing EXACTLY what it's supposed to do. The gold values of the camps scale quicker than lane creeps btw.

keenscythe

11-17-2012

Just occured to me to ask, how is Riven doing in the new jungle?

RedNog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirding ways View Post
I'm actually curious how malzahar (specifically ad) fares in the jungle, bearing in mind his voidlings can tank for him very easily.
Who in the world jungles AD Malzahar?
His minon only last for 20 or so seconds, he has no sustain, he has no real ganking potential outside of his ultimate, and he would only slow down in jungle clear speed.

Stonewall008

11-17-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_8B97yjW7I that's all for now - the last video.

I should have more tonight if i can actually get into the pbe

LegendaryCaoCao

11-17-2012

I wonder if this will lead back to the old 2-1-2 setup