I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoonsBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilIiam View Post
this is so foolish on their part, the leash itself is something that made lol unique from other games, the concept of leashing was different
No it wasn't; leashing was a glitch on the original Dota WC3 map (or ancients defense from SC1, but that wasn't as good...). Most of the "Features" of Dota like leashing, creep stacking in the jungle, orbwalking/microing/kiting/AAcancel were all glitches due to the WC3 engine. So no, leashing isn't unique in LoL and is mostly left over code that they never bothered changing until now.

Thessalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Tried Jarvan a few minutes ago. He looks about the same, but there is a bug on his E that makes jungle camps attack it. I am still not sure if this bug works in favor or against him, since it allowed me ignore some damage from golems.

In the same match, there was a Diana jungle on enemy team. I think she is gonna be one of the best junglers, like Stonewall's predictions, specially when you combine it with mastery changes and new AP items.

Eat Orange Be K

11-17-2012

For those curious, Nocturne's just fine. As expected from his AS scaling/synergy and innate sustain.

Phil Nye

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XuWarrior View Post
so Lee is trash tier now in new jungle ?
A far cry from trash tier, but a fall from grace as his old "God tier" jungling status in both season 1 and 2's jungles.

XuWarrior

11-17-2012

but lee was always fallin off at late game.. it doesnt matter he was dominating early if he cant carry late game

Protect me Tomoe

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nye View Post
A far cry from trash tier, but a fall from grace as his old "God tier" jungling status in both season 1 and 2's jungles.
Considering he can call any lane a home, most people shouldn't worry about it.

Gløry

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonsBane View Post
No it wasn't; leashing was a glitch on the original Dota WC3 map (or ancients defense from SC1, but that wasn't as good...). Most of the "Features" of Dota like leashing, creep stacking in the jungle, orbwalking/microing/kiting/AAcancel were all glitches due to the WC3 engine. So no, leashing isn't unique in LoL and is mostly left over code that they never bothered changing until now.
Chain chomps have been leashing for decades

Stonewall008

11-17-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUa3kbQQdps Hecarim and Sejuani have been released

Tetramaster

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glry View Post
Chain chomps have been leashing for decades
Ohohohohoho.....

Funny. Anyways, leashes could get REALLY abusive with the Superman Leash, letting junglers get away with pretty much 0 damage fighting blue. At least this way it forces mid to commit more time to help out the jungler if they want a faster clear.

Protect me Tomoe

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XuWarrior View Post
but lee was always fallin off at late game.. it doesnt matter he was dominating early if he cant carry late game
Lee... ok, well... it depends on your definition of "falling off" and all... but Lee's intricacy, skill, build options and overall versatility make him a different champion in the hands of different people.

He could do sustained damage, or he could do flat out, flashy bursts (Q, R, Q, E All day errday), he could build tanky if he fell behind, build glass cannon, be an initiator or he could be a peeler.

He can't "carry" per se because to play him requires more than just right clicking someone and watching them explode whilst ocassionally pressing q, w, e or r at your leisure. At the end of the day, he's not a melee carry and definitely not a ranged carry, nor is he the kind of bruiser that can become a nightmare. He's always been there to help everyone get ahead, whilst still being a force himself.

Selfish players may think "Lee can't carry" because they cant be the star of the show or be that 20/1/10 guy who said "gg n00bs". Team oriented players, however, know that those early ganks and adaptability "carried" his team in a different way. Maybe he wasn't 1v5ing everyone, but he sure as hell had a lot to do with assuring that that full build vayne got to where she is atm.

idk. I, amongst tons of other players hate "x falls off lategame cuz cant carry gaemz".

Except renekton.

After 15 minutes that guy's 10/2/6 score means nothing.