Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nidalee visual update - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LightEcho

12-04-2012

Her Spear on her model looks really whacky from some angles appearing to be very short. I was going to wait for the models to back onto the pbe but since who knows when that will be I'll just leave this comment.

spielkind

12-04-2012

Quote:
Ginga:
Hey Rick, if you're still lurking here, do you mind giving your thoughts on her cougar form?

I explained in details in this thread (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2800497) in the Arts feedback forum(I thought poeple looking for feedback on her rework would look there, and PBE would be on balance changes...) that her cougar form looks too usually masculine.

To keep it short and sweet, I used Diego and Shira from Ice Age to explain, and concluded with the fact that Nidalee looked even more masculine than Diego was. I also explained why gender does actually matter even to an animal, since it's both possible to tell them apart, and it should be easy to tell apart anyways in a stylized setting....mostly because quite a few people, hell, most seem to hold the belief that I'm looking for T&A on a cat.

Also...the R's name is Aspect of the Cougar. Why does she turn into a sabertoothed tiger with a lion's mane now rather than a cougar?

this.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-06-2012

Quote:
Xpert Rigged:
@ricklessabandon will we be seeing the Nidalee Update in this next patch? If not, I'm curious as to what kind of bug fixes and changes you guys are working on, if you are able to divulge that information of course.

well, we'll be patching her back out to the pbe very soon. we didn't want to ship her with the season 3 changes, and wanted more time to finish up splash images and polish. now that season 3 changes have shipped, there isn't really a reason to not put her back in the build. more coverage isn't going to hurt. :3

long story short: we'll put nidalee back in the pbe build (as she was when we removed her) while we finish things up internally. if all goes well, we'll ship her soon after she's done.

Quote:
Sagee Prime:
Well hopefully they actually decided to do some really QOL on her after seeing how clunky and dated her controls are with the new models.

quality of life changes would come from the live design team, and as far as i know they aren't actively working on her right now.

Falleth

12-06-2012

Quote:
Sagee Prime:
Well hopefully they actually decided to do some really QOL on her after seeing how clunky and dated her controls are with the new models.

Then what would you actually want to see?

xAdrestiaX

12-06-2012

The only real problem is pounce. But I've gotten used to aiming where she's facing.

xAdrestiaX

12-06-2012

What else feels clunky about her controls?

Falleth

12-06-2012

Quote:
CatPunch:
The only real problem is pounce. But I've gotten used to aiming where she's facing.

You call it problem, I don't - I can Pounce into direction I want to go, while checking what's going on on other lanes etc.

If it would be changed to e.g. Vayne's tumble, it would need to be nerfed.

It's designed with ability to failure in mind, thus such a low cooldown.

Lightofduskandda

12-06-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
well, we'll be patching her back out to the pbe very soon. we didn't want to ship her with the season 3 changes, and wanted more time to finish up splash images and polish. now that season 3 changes have shipped, there isn't really a reason to not put her back in the build. more coverage isn't going to hurt. :3

long story short: we'll put nidalee back in the pbe build (as she was when we removed her) while we finish things up internally. if all goes well, we'll ship her soon after she's done.

quality of life changes would come from the live design team, and as far as i know they aren't actively working on her right now.

The only quality of life I would like to see is that her spear hits what it aims at and is going towards. Especially in the PBE the last time I played her new art, the spear had to be aimed rather far away from a minion for it to not hit them. Even if it goes back to how it was, that'd be fine.

Sagee Prime

12-06-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:

I know this isn't your department but Xypherous was talking about apply some of Riven's Broken Wings mechanics to Nidalee.

Essentially pounce and preferably swipe as well would still fire off directly in front of her but if you were highlighting an enemy target the mechanics would then shift so that Nidalee activates pounce or swipe directly in that direction.

This would fix a few issues that I will bullet below:

*Pounce clearing a overshooting an enemy target and dealing 0 damage(if pounce pounce at melee range you will not hit the target).

*Nidalee has very slow and sometimes random turn speeds which can result in firing swipe in the wrong direction if you pounced or the target moved again resulting in 0 damage.

*when pathing gets in the way Nidalee's frontward aiming begins to aim everywhere at the same time so you have no way of knowing where she will pounce or swipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrZ4RlF2OMs - Yes I have a video for demonstrating this.

My last suggestion would be to allow her "Cougar" to ignore unit collisions so that you are actually able to maintain full control over where she is facing.

The end result is that you still have to face forward when attempting to clear walls and other obstacles maintaining most of her difficulty while removing the needless other difficulties with controlling her.

I know this isn't really the place for this but I figured I'd put it here anyway.

ImsoMeow

12-06-2012

She looks amazing btw! I haven't been able to get on the forums lately which was just the delete cookies problem, but I wanted to say she looks great! French maid is fantastic! I noticed that she still isnt on the pbe yet, was it delayed from being reput on? Also, someone asked about testing her other limited edition skins, why don't you just make all of them available since it's the pbe and not the real client. I made a thread on this months ago and it seemed to get positive feedback.