Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nidalee visual update - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-15-2012

Quote:
Dyshana:
Perhaps it's just me, but her breasts look mismatched (her left being slightly larger/different shaped than the right) on French Maid Nidalee.

I'm a bit obsessive about asymmetric details. S@20 also has a model viewer screenshot that shows this pretty clearly.

ah, okay i see what you mean. i'll mention it to our texture artists—thanks for the report!

Lame Dude

11-15-2012

Quote:
Dyshana:
/Shrug. I'm an art student and things such as asymmetry stand out to me. No need to be rude sir.

My apologies, I didn't mean to be rude but I was rather taken aback.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-15-2012

Quote:
Conjuring:
The only problem is her cougar form guys, is way to small...
Also when you run in cougar form, its like you became smaller in every step, an then grow up again.. o.0

Sorry about my english..

i'll take a look at her run with our animator—thanks!

ToyBoats

11-15-2012

I may the only one that thinks this, but something just looks off with her cougar form to me. Not sure if its size, proportions or something to do with the animations. I think the way that her tail trails when she runs looks slightly strange.

ToyBoats

11-15-2012

Human form looks amazing though.

StubbyBro

Recruiter

11-15-2012

She feels off to me. Her jump felt off. I had trouble using it in places that I never have trouble using it. Her spear seemed to fly a little faster than normal. It flew backwards one time too. Another time I tried to heal an ally but they died a split second before I could click them. This made me heal myself despite me not being near my cursor. I remember these last two problems being patched a while ago. Perhaps the remodel broke them again? Is this all just my imagination or does anyone else think something just doesn't feel right with Nid

LightEcho

11-15-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
her sounds effects aren't yet updated so you may hear some weird things until we patch those out..

Please tell the spear sound is the same.. please. That thunk is literally the best sound in the game.

Ionian StarChild

11-16-2012

Her cougar form in her Pharaoh skin is bugged. Also, what's up with her walk animation? It looks uncomfortable and unbalanced.

cocacolalips

11-16-2012

Are the models final?

I wish her siamese cat transformation from the Pharaoh's skin still had her Gold jewels on her ears. Too fabulous not to wear one.

Crollus

11-16-2012

Just played a couple games with the new Nidalee thought I'd share my feedback on what I noticed:

Human Form:
-French Maid Nidalee has some issues where her legs clip through her skirt with this skin. Rather noticeable

-the pose she strikes for her joke is...odd; kinda flat. I didn't really care for it. Rather than standing straight and putting her hands on her hips maybe she could lean forward into her javelin and make a "come here" gesture with her hand to her opponents. Just an idea, one I think would be better suited for her joke anyway.

Cougar Form:
-the cougar's tail-to-body ratio seems a little bit ridiculous for what is supposed to be a large Cat. Her body in this form is so tiny while her tail is so long it resembles something closer to a Mouse rather than a Cat. After looking up the picture of a real Cougar on Google it seems like their tails are only slightly longer than the length of their hind legs but Nidalee's tail is the length of her entire body, and then some. (Of course this is just my personal view which may not be shared by the Riot staff)

-her Q animation while in Cat form felt sluggish, a bit too slow. Speeding up the animation would do the trick in my opinion. Edit: watching SkinSpotlight's Nidalee Visual Teaser I couldn't see the "sluggishness" I felt while playing her in game. Perhaps perception made it feel slower then it really is? Take this point with a grain of salt.

-her W animation just feels weird. It looks like she's about to make this great leap and fly gracefully through the air only to quickly fall to the ground halfway through the animation. It also seems to lack a kinda...pouncey feeling?

Did I like anything?
-Yes, actually. Human Nidalee is incredibly pretty and she feels very smooth with her animations in this form.
-Dat Dance.
-Super excited for Leopard Nidalee