Suggestions for a New FanFic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damorion215

11-15-2012

Hey there everyone.

I've been thinking for quite a while now and I have finally decided to do my first fan fic *ever* here on the LoL Fan Fic forum. So, first and foremost, the plot:

A guy, in his early 20s, @ college, in modern times, is having a seemingly normal day. At the end of the day, he decides to relax by playing League of Legends. Somehow, he is summoned into the world of LoL and must go on a journey throughout the whole of Runeterra to find his way back home as well as facing trials and tribulations of many kinds with and against many of the characters of LoL that bring him to some sort of epiphany that changes his life perspective. Yet, he must hurry quickly...before time runs out....

Well, I guess this might seem a bit too typical of a storyline, perhaps? I know there are some out there who have gone for a similar plot, yet have failed to provide what the audience wants and needs. I want to be able to have detail (i.e. like that of Humble Interations (With Sona) by Farnbil), emotion, action, and story. This fan fic will include adventure, comedy, romance, horror, mystery, all that good stuff you'd hope to find in most stories.

So, what I'm going to do first is ask you, the audience, a couple of things that entail a few details concerning the story (i.e. who, what, when, where), mostly to help me with ideas on getting it started and to keep the pace flowing. I will list these in the next post. I do hope I can actually start on this sometime soon, with me being busy during college 'n all. I really look forward to this and I hope I can give what the audience wants.

Damorion215

11-15-2012

Alright. Below are some things that will help me know how to get this story started and to keep the flow. All ideas will be decided by
majority vote. Due to not knowing exactly how many people will post here, I have decided to to keep this going until the end of the tenth page (if
we get that far). Please post only ideas and thoughts on how to make this story enjoyable, detailed, and other forms of constructive criticism.
I want to be able to get started on this story a.s.a.p. This IS my first time doing a fan fic, my first story, etc. That is the only reason I am doing
this so that I won't have to face a whole lot of negative criticism and other garbage because of something I failed to do or give someone what
want. So, without further ado, let us begin!

First three champions the main character will meet:

Where in Runeterra will the main character be summoned to:

What situation should the main character get in to when he arrives:

Should the main character side with Demacia or Noxus in the beginning and should he stay with Demacia/Noxus:

Should the main character continue to be a summoner or will he become a champion:

Should the main character have a rival and if so, should it be a champion or another OC:

This one is just for fun, (mainly because I already have made the decision somewhat), but which female champion
would the main character fall in love with:

When you post, I want you to copy and paste the above and then put your choices below them. For example:

First three champions the main character will meet:

A, B, C.

After you have done so with all these ideas, if you have any other ideas, thoughts, constructive criticism, etc., then go ahead and post them.

I also want to note that if the main character does become a champion, I don't want to overuse "the formula". You know, that "formula"?
The one that's used in animes. I don't want to end up having him gain a new power, fight, die, *somehow* come back alive, get stronger, repeat.
I want to know how to avoid that and if you know how to, then I would greatly appreciate it if you could post it. And another thing!! I'm going
to try and keep this story around PG-13+. Note that there won't be any sexual content. There also won't be any nudity. Swearing will also be kept to a bare minimum. Let's see, anything else? I might come back this part to include more rules.

So, without further ado, let's get those ideas flowing and get this show on the road! \(^.^)/

Damorion215

11-22-2012

Bump

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

Yeah...a week and no one else posts....You should take it as a sign that you need to do something different or to stop asking us to write it for you.

Frost Archer

11-24-2012

Hmmmm. Geokhan is a mean man... Just because other people haven't posted doesn't mean that no one wants the fanfic. Your method of talking really discourages other people from starting. For all you know, this person will become the next William Golding but because of your comment he gave up.

But hey, I'll give it a shot. Your idea is not bad. Not to sure about your writing yet But lets see. Think of a name for the Main Character (Not Bob or a summoner name, make something believable.) Make him fall in love with Ashe (trydy will be pissed) But seriously. Ashe is hot. Make him fall in love with Ashe.
He will meet: Ashe, Garen/Lux, and Riven

He first sides with Demacia then learns that Dem/Nox should be together. (but Ashe is Freljordian)

Is PG-13 No 53X nudity and swearing? What about 007 (Quantum)? that should be ok....

Thing is, you cant really pique that many people's attention with an idea. You got lucky with me, but I suggest you start first. And don't be discouraged by lack of feedback. By chapter 7 of TMoDB I had only 2 people commenting XD

Damorion215

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostArcher024 View Post
Hmmmm. Geokhan is a mean man... Just because other people haven't posted doesn't mean that no one wants the fanfic. Your method of talking really discourages other people from starting. For all you know, this person will become the next William Golding but because of your comment he gave up.

But hey, I'll give it a shot. Your idea is not bad. Not to sure about your writing yet But lets see. Think of a name for the Main Character (Not Bob or a summoner name, make something believable.) Make him fall in love with Ashe (trydy will be pissed) But seriously. Ashe is hot. Make him fall in love with Ashe.
He will meet: Ashe, Garen/Lux, and Riven

He first sides with Demacia then learns that Dem/Nox should be together. (but Ashe is Freljordian)

Is PG-13 No 53X nudity and swearing? What about 007 (Quantum)? that should be ok....

Thing is, you cant really pique that many people's attention with an idea. You got lucky with me, but I suggest you start first. And don't be discouraged by lack of feedback. By chapter 7 of TMoDB I had only 2 people commenting XD
Thanks, Frost Archer! Really, I was just wanting to make sure before I just went on ahead and charged in. The only things I am worried about was putting in enough detail and if the main character does become a champion, then I don't want to overuse the "formula", so to speak. That's all. Plus, I also was looking around at other stories that had started at least 2 weeks or so ahead of me and they only have a few replies. Seeing how that is, it has become known to me that such a post as this would take *forever* to get to the tenth page. So, I think I will go ahead and get started. I will, of course, post the story in a different thread. Thanks again for the encouragement!! :3c

Frost Archer

11-24-2012

But as I said before: ASHE FTW

BladeAngelx

11-24-2012

I'm really glad to see a new face around the forum and look forward to reading the first chapter to your story when it releases.

You asked a lot of questions and I find it hard as an independent author to answer them for the main reason that... You shouldn't have to write to please other people, and it seems as though most of the time that's what author's try to do. We each encompass our own writing style and each have our own idea's. I think instead of posing these questions you should ask them to yourself and brainstorm.

I found that with my first story I had to brainstorm a lot and I had most of the plot loosely laid out before writing even the first chapter. What one person wants you to write won't line up with what someone else wants you to write, and as you try and please each individual reader you'll be missing more and more of your own ideas.

The process starts slow and it might take you a while to write your first chapter but just sit down and start writing. Don't worry about details or spelling, if you have fragmented sentences that is fine. As long as you can understand what it is that you wrote you will be able to fix it later. Rough draft it and then revise it. I find that it's a lot easier to look at something I've already written and then begin to get a larger mental image of what is really happening. Add in all the descriptive words, extra paragraphs that lend context to the underlying events and just keep tweaking it until you have something that you are proud of. And when you've finished post it up, and I'll be sure to check it out.

A lot of people will tell you to stray away from OC's but OC's are actually quite interesting in my eyes. The trouble with them is trying to make them fit into a world to which they aren't native(especially in your paticular case.) As long as you provide them with a solid back story and give them a purpose in the story than it'll usually turn out alright. It's a challenge to write them but it's not impossible to do. Just know that this community is one of the nicest that I've come across and we'll be here to help you every step of the way. And as kindly as I can possibly make this sound, it's your story so write it the way that you want to write it. I don't want to read what everyone else wants to see, I want to read what's coming out of your mind. I want to try and understand the points that you're trying to get across and see the same mental image that you see as your write it.

The key part of fanfiction in my eyes is that mental image. We know all the characters, we know their voices and how they act, and that lends to creating strong mental images(which is also why OC's are a little harder to write, we can't visualize them as well as we can predefined characters.)

Looking forward to the release, and I wish you the best of luck.
-Blade

Damorion215

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostArcher024 View Post

But as I said before: ASHE FTW
Don't worry, Ashe will be in the story. I won't exactly make her his initial love interest, but I'll make up for it with a scene that I think will be sufficient enough. :3

Damorion215

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeAngelx View Post
I'm really glad to see a new face around the forum and look forward to reading the first chapter to your story when it releases.

You asked a lot of questions and I find it hard as an independent author to answer them for the main reason that... You shouldn't have to write to please other people, and it seems as though most of the time that's what author's try to do. We each encompass our own writing style and each have our own idea's. I think instead of posing these questions you should ask them to yourself and brainstorm.

I found that with my first story I had to brainstorm a lot and I had most of the plot loosely laid out before writing even the first chapter. What one person wants you to write won't line up with what someone else wants you to write, and as you try and please each individual reader you'll be missing more and more of your own ideas.

The process starts slow and it might take you a while to write your first chapter but just sit down and start writing. Don't worry about details or spelling, if you have fragmented sentences that is fine. As long as you can understand what it is that you wrote you will be able to fix it later. Rough draft it and then revise it. I find that it's a lot easier to look at something I've already written and then begin to get a larger mental image of what is really happening. Add in all the descriptive words, extra paragraphs that lend context to the underlying events and just keep tweaking it until you have something that you are proud of. And when you've finished post it up, and I'll be sure to check it out.

A lot of people will tell you to stray away from OC's but OC's are actually quite interesting in my eyes. The trouble with them is trying to make them fit into a world to which they aren't native(especially in your paticular case.) As long as you provide them with a solid back story and give them a purpose in the story than it'll usually turn out alright. It's a challenge to write them but it's not impossible to do. Just know that this community is one of the nicest that I've come across and we'll be here to help you every step of the way. And as kindly as I can possibly make this sound, it's your story so write it the way that you want to write it. I don't want to read what everyone else wants to see, I want to read what's coming out of your mind. I want to try and understand the points that you're trying to get across and see the same mental image that you see as your write it.

The key part of fanfiction in my eyes is that mental image. We know all the characters, we know their voices and how they act, and that lends to creating strong mental images(which is also why OC's are a little harder to write, we can't visualize them as well as we can predefined characters.)

Looking forward to the release, and I wish you the best of luck.
-Blade
I will keep all of this in mind. Thank you very much, Blade.