Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amiithystine

11-21-2012

Quote:
Orpha:
Can Nami go "Blah blah blah TIDAL WAVE" when she uses her ult?

Or make her taunt "I'm so gonna make you blah blah blah"

OH please please please <3

MEOW GOLD CAT!!

Morphine

11-21-2012

Quote:
Classick:
We're trying a few things to make this more apparent once it's placed upon you or an ally. There should be a new iteration of it on PBE now, if not the next update should have a few more updates as well.

Sweet, I'll go give it a shot.

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

11-21-2012

It's sad that they removed the casting animation on her ult.It looked so awesome D: and it actually made sense...Now a giant wave comes out of nothing and sweeps across the field.

GangNami Style

11-21-2012

@riot

Nami in a word: sluggish

I main supports and was stoked to try her on my buddy's PBE account. Her mechanics and kit overall are perfect for my playstyle but everything takes SOOOO LONG to CAST.

Her AA, Q, W, E and R are all just...sluggish. The projectile speed on q being so low means that it's hard enough to predictively cast it where you think an enemy is gonna be but to have to wait half an hour for the spell to go off as well...it's too much. Having low projectile speed should be offset by snappy casts (imho)

That said, she has an awesome kit. I just wish playing her didn't feel like dragging a sack of rocks through a pit of wet cement.

Healsforhugs

11-21-2012

Tidal Wave: Nami summons a massive Tidal Wave from her position. The wave deals magic damage and slows all enemy units it passes through. Enemies closest to the initial spawn point are slowed for a shorter duration than those farther away, but all are slowed for a significant length of time and Tidal Wave has a large range.

woah woah woah. Was the knock up removed? Please tell me no.. Please! OH GOD PLEASE

whitewolf216

11-21-2012

Quote:
Classick:
It can be hard to get coverage on all the questions and feedback when they are in so many different posts, if you guys could try to condense your feedback and questions into this thread I can get more coverage on Nami overall.

I'll try to stay as up to date as possible on this thread and answer as much as I can, all of your questions and feedback are much appreciated!

I really liked her. She has enough cc to keep you up in lane, a bit on the small side on damage but she is a support and isn't there to deal that to begin with. My only major concern with her is that her heal wont heal both you and your lane partner if you use it on yourself or your partner. If you use it on an enemy, I think it will heal you both but if it's just you in lane and you use it on an enemy, it wont hit both the enemies. (I might be wrong but that's how it felt it was working). Overall though she is great.

Sheap

11-21-2012

Her Q's cast animation speed should be in relation to the range in which it is cast. Right now the time it takes for the bubble to reach the ground even when casted right next to yourself takes way too long.

H2ojames

11-22-2012

Why was Nami's knockup from the ult removed?

Xemeron

11-22-2012

Seriously, why do you even have a PBE RIOT?

MOst people say Nami is on the weak side and the best you can do is nerf her by taking the only good thing away from her? (Knockup)

Her bubble travels way to slow plus needs an hour to be fired before traveling slow, her heal eats her mana faster than Anti Mage from DotA does, and her Attack buff is kinda.. meh... yeah sounds nice, but all in all the dmg is low, if you look at other slows.

And you decide to nerf her even more?
Well, a playmate for Karma I guess...

Valenten

11-22-2012

honestly taking away 2 of her CC and having super sluggish animations is really bad Riot you need to fix this. she was an amazing support because of all she brought to the table. now that the stun was removed from her q there is really no incentive for it because it takes way to long to cast and travel. if you are going to keep the stun off of her q then shorten the cast time and travel time for it. cause either way its way to slow and easy to dodge. as far as the rest of her kit her ult was also something that made her REALLY good. since you decided to take the knockup away from her ult then increase the slow at all distances or buff the base dmg. as far as her heal goes its fine i dont see any issue with it. her e is good for what it does. just either put back her CC on her q and r or make changes accordingly.