Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Man Mode

11-15-2012

She looks really strong.. any support with a stun is already pretty good, and with her W being able to both harass and heal... shes going to be a monster. Not to mention, if you E your teammates they slow on hit and they get a movespeed buff for 1.25 seconds from her passive.. and that ult is ridiculous lol.

Campeen

11-15-2012

Is Nami missing particles? The water magic keeping her above ground looks kind of half done.

Pabro

Events Broducer

11-15-2012

I am so excited for this champ, its not even funny! Classick and the Nami team have been working hard to get her in PBE tonight! Can't wait to read your thoughts

dafedidi

11-15-2012

I find her good at what she does. But, It strange I can't use E on ennemy but only for allies.

I like everything about her tho. Strong ratio for her Q.

EDIT : Btw, that ult, HOLY ****, tsunami

<333

forcemblem

11-15-2012

I think she's too powerful if anything.
She's basically a better janna.

aeyle

Recruiter

11-15-2012

my early assessment: As an support, she excels across the board, a decent heal, great amount of cc, great initiation and disengage

My main concern: her Q mana cost for the damage output is too low....a prime example of comparison is Janna Tornado. It serves as a disengage just like Nami...Nami gets a longer stun for less mana and high base damage compared to Janna. I understand Nami Q is a skillshot thats harder to predict and act than Janna's tornado - but if you take into account equal skill, the damage output for the mana cost for Nami is superior. Reason as to why I state this issue is with her max base mana, she can dish out 5 Qs. Compare this to Janna's Q (Tornado), Janna can only dish out 3Q. Both champions have same base mana regen.

My own personal suggestion to the problem with 4 options (preferences in given order):

1) Increase mana cost of Q to probably 70 or 75.
2) Decrease base mana regen by slightly. (Can't get a hold of a number that would be considered balanced)
3) Decrease the stun of the Q to 1.0 second (Seems adequate number)
4) Decrease base damage on the Q. (Can't get a hodl of a number that would be considered balanced)

**All stat comparison im using for Nami is speculative that was released on Surrenderat20.com. Janna stats used on LolWiki**

Overall: great support, kit flows relatively well, possibility to be abused as a mage depending on Q is approached. [Similar case to Lulu].

**Dunno why im being downvoted for the Q. If I can play 5 games where i land 3 or 4 out of my 5 Qs on an enemy adc, ontop of that, I'm able to do more damage than Janna Tornado uncharged, that is a real concern. You might play her as Support but not everyone will. Hence why I feel testing her for things beyond her support capability; testing Nami as a mage caster in mid lane is a good experiment between determining how can a player can abuse the kit [something as PBE tester should evaluate ontop of her support role]. A prime example of when PBE failed to look at Lulu resulted in players in the regular client to abuse her Glitterlance. I myself dont want to go through that again, nor I hope you dont either.

*** I retried her as a defensively AP mage (140AP: doran ring, tier 3 boots, liandry's lament, frozen fist) alone with just assistance from new masteries page [no runes nor blue buff, baron buff and red buff] I could solo dragon. Q-E-W (to heal), repeat until dragon died. [I killed it but with around 100-200 health remaining. I know this isnt optimal but I dunno any one support can take a dragon on his or her own even building AP]. This is another serious problem that Nami AP ratio or base damage on the Q should be of a concern. [I realize you acknowledge that ap ratio might be tweaked.]

Illyriomysterio

11-15-2012

Is W's high mana cost due to wanting clutch heals as opposed to Soraka heals? It feels like a bit of an inefficient skill, unless Riot is trying to get people to build supports with a bit of AP due to low bases.

PBJayz

Recruiter

11-15-2012

I was wondering if the 3 sharks in her joke will appear like in her skills, like in the ult surfing. Just wondering because they only appear in her joke.

PBJayz

Recruiter

11-15-2012

I was wondering if the 3 sharks will appear more other than the joke. I like them and wish thy appeared more. It would be neat to see them ride the wave in her ult.

Last Fantasy

11-15-2012

She's got very nice ratios and will do well mid. I think her damage is a bit high for the CC she brings