Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuroiraishu

11-20-2012

Quote:
Kaalika:
Why does she hump the ground sexually when she dies instead of flopping like a fish still trying to swim? She falls backwards then forwards into the groundhumping animation.

It looks disgusting.

When she dies, it actually looks more like she's a fish who died on land. You know, flopping about like a dying fish? =/

Męw

11-20-2012

When will her skin be released?

Kachine

11-20-2012

The knock up and the animation of the wave isn't very well timed together. Sometimes the wave passes and after a bit, they get knocked up especially at the end of the wave.

Corvo Rosso

11-20-2012

It could just be me but I find it difficult to hit with her Q. It moves so slowly that the enemy champs always have plenty of time to avoid it. If they move through the water effects even after the spell has already landed, they should still be bubbled even if they take no damage.

Aside from that, her model looks great but she moves so awkwardly - it's like she's bobbing through the air. If she's riding an invisible wave then she should look like she's gliding or swimming gracefully through the water. If she's gliding along the ground she should have a more serpentine grace (like Cass).

Overall though, I she's a great addition to the team.

Grimwohl

11-20-2012

Quote:
Kuroiraishu:
The main problem with her Q, is that it travels too slow. Sure those champs have problems landing their snares and grabs, but those are skill shots, not AoE spells. And Sona? All you have to do is get within a certain range. Her skills are quite easy to land since they auto target.

It CAN bounce between two allies, it just needs to hit an enemy first. Thus, it would be nice if it could bounce to an enemy minion when no champions are near so she could get the full potential out of the skill.

Nonexistent for ranged attacks? The current meta has the support going with a RANGED ad carry. Sure you get the occasional melee ad carry, but even with S3 coming up, I doubt the support + ranged ad carry role is going to change. Besides if it were useless on ranged champs, then it wouldn't be good for half the team since most mages are also ranged.

It travels too quickly? When I played her, I actually had trouble using it in team fights because of how SLOW it was. At the moment, it's more useful to use trying to get teams running away from a fight rather than keeping them in a fight. Overall, I think her ult is pretty good, but it actually needs to move a little bit faster so it can actually be viable in team fights.

I'm well aware she has nerfs incoming, so that was pretty much my idea of giving them reasonable approaches towards it.

With the Q, it just too dangerous territory. Getting caught by that instantly means falling behind in a fight. It might be slow, but it has smite targeting. If it moved quickly, everyone would be calling for it to be nerfed.

The W's splash range is good, and I don't dislike it. It could be longer for the sake of it, though.

I'm sure the range carry + support motif is nevergoing to change, but it would be nice to see variation, no? This was personally something I'd always wanted to see, not much else.

The ult fuctions in a similar fashion to Sona, Except trading duration for slow afterward. It definitely isn't fast, but the character already has a very solid kit, and I think if it had to take a hit anywhere, it would be the AoE ult, or the ratios. I'd prefer the ult, personally.

Stexe

Recruiter

11-20-2012

I have a problem with Nami's Q sound design. The way it is currently designed is fairly low volume when it hits (small splash sound), raises them up in the air (with another sound), and then the bubble explodes (loud sound) and drops them to the ground. That makes you think that the damage occurs when the bubble pops, not when it hits.

It would be much better if the loud sound was when the bubble hit and then there was a soft (but distinctive) "pop" sound when they were released (so you know when their stun is over through auditory feedback).

Really annoying to hear a loud explosion sound and it simply means that their stun is off and not that they took damage or anything else.

KlawSin

11-20-2012

I felt like Nami was so much fun considering i love to play support. Although i feel like she could use a slight damage buff. I noticed that while playing other supports i was actually somewhat able to protect myself and dish out a decent amount, but with Nami i feel like im no threat. Really fun though.

deathfrost13

11-20-2012

Im liking Nami so far. My only issues is that her ult seems to be really delayed, as in The wave passes them but the effect takes place about 1-2 sec after the wave actually goes through them, giving them those extra seconds to flash or dash out of it. Also Her Q should have a faster speed the closer range you are, its just extremely awkward to use when being chased by a melee. Lastly I think her W could use either a slight mana cost decrease or slight heal/dmg increase. The heal feels as weak as taric's heal. There is a pretty big benefit for using it right though but to do that your ADC must be close enough to the enemy to get both bounces off, which only happens in uncommon situations. Its does about the same damage as Sona's Q, but is a lot more risky to use since one of you has to get near the enemy backline.

She just needs some slight tweaks and fixes, but Overall im loving her as a support player. She is just amazing for setting up ganks from the jungle, only problem is that junglers can barely gank anymore, so...

katanajohn

11-21-2012

hey i tried to play as nami and the game crashed my friend who was playing with me was able to continue playing but i was stuck at the reconnect screen i tried repairing the client and by the time it repairing i was able to cue another game and i tried nami again and it crashed once more why?
i am playing on mac

katanajohn

11-21-2012

hello