Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

windexhc

11-19-2012

Is it just me or does it feel like you have to build mana regen on her? I haven't messed with her as much as i'd like to but it seems you have to sacrifice more tanky and aura oriented items on her in lieu of mana regen in order to be able to constantly pump out her spells.

Bust Boy Black

11-19-2012

Nami's ult is not affecting people. It's gone through (centered) 6 people my first game since latest patch. I hit 4 people with it grouped at baron, I think one got knocked up, everyone else just charged towards me RIGHT through the center. Also, one time Q stunned the target, but they didn't float up. It was rank 1 Q vs level 4 regnar.

ALSO eliesa's miracle didn't work for a long time until I was level 14 it finally consumed, got it pre level 6.

Fanryu

11-19-2012

Serious question, why is a FISH sexualized? Like I don't have any problems with sexualization of champions or even characters in games, but sometimes, when almost EVERY female character is sexualized, it's kind of annoying. The only few I can think of off the top of my head are Annie, Trist, Leona (sorta) Lux (pre-splash art update), classic Irelia skin, Riven, Anivia, Classic Diana skin, Lulu, Karma, Kayle, and that's about it. You guys hinted at a possible heroic, non-sexualized, awesome, female champion. I've only heard good things about how bad people want this champion. I want a female champion that's like Garen. Heavy armor, big weapon. Instead, we get a fish with breasts.

Bust Boy Black

11-19-2012

Quote:
windexhc:
Is it just me or does it feel like you have to build mana regen on her? I haven't messed with her as much as i'd like to but it seems you have to sacrifice more tanky and aura oriented items on her in lieu of mana regen in order to be able to constantly pump out her spells.

I've found that for her kit, I think she has too FEW mana issues after they fixed the W mana bug. I think maybe make W cost like 5 mana more. It feels like you essentially get both Sona's Q and W abilities rolled into one. With Sona, if you are forced to spam both those abilities, you go oom. You can usually sustain spamming one ability as sona. With W, you get heal AND poke and don't seem to go oom very fast spamming it.

Telyne

11-19-2012

While I don't know if this is the place to ask, and I don't actually participate on the pbe at the moment, I have seen Nami in videos and on a modelviewer.

With her animations, is it deliberate that the fins on her sides are glued to her tail? or is her animation incomplete?

I liked the effect where they flared out in the concept art, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Kaalika

11-20-2012

Why does she hump the ground sexually when she dies instead of flopping like a fish still trying to swim? She falls backwards then forwards into the groundhumping animation.

It looks disgusting.

Kuroiraishu

11-20-2012

Quote:
Fanryu:
Serious question, why is a FISH sexualized? Like I don't have any problems with sexualization of champions or even characters in games, but sometimes, when almost EVERY female character is sexualized, it's kind of annoying. The only few I can think of off the top of my head are Annie, Trist, Leona (sorta) Lux (pre-splash art update), classic Irelia skin, Riven, Anivia, Classic Diana skin, Lulu, Karma, Kayle, and that's about it. You guys hinted at a possible heroic, non-sexualized, awesome, female champion. I've only heard good things about how bad people want this champion. I want a female champion that's like Garen. Heavy armor, big weapon. Instead, we get a fish with breasts.

Here's the thing, Nami is a mermaid. Now, what they could have done was made her extremely sexual to point that she had her fish tail and a sea shell bra, just like in the Disney movies. OR, they could have made her look like a complete monster with vicious fangs and claws. However, they tried to make it a bit more in-between the two, but mermaids have always been perceived as being seductive in order to catch weary sailors out at sea. Thus, it makes sense that she isn't heavily armored. Nami isn't a "fish with breasts." She's a mermaid, a mythological creature that has been perceived with different styles. Riot simply tried to put their own twist on it, and to be honest, I don't see her being that sexual. Sure she's got a bit of cleavage, but other than that, she's got nothing else orientating her to a sexual model.

Penakoto

11-20-2012

Quote:
Fanryu:

You realize Mermaids in actual myths, where they originated, are typically depicted having huge, bare breasts? It'd be like adding a Succubus-like character than complaining that she tries to **** everyone.

Morphine

11-20-2012

@Riot, would it be possible to get a more obvious particle for her E? I keep seeing people run off when it's on them because the benefit isn't too visible. It also looks like a lot of other stuff (Yi Highlander, move supa-fast boots, Shurelya active).

Penakoto

11-20-2012

Quote:
Kaalika:
Why does she hump the ground sexually when she dies instead of flopping like a fish still trying to swim? She falls backwards then forwards into the groundhumping animation.

It looks disgusting.

This really undermines ACTUAL problems with the female cast of the game, you're making mountains out of nonexistant mole-hills. Stop it.