Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihatebikeshorts

11-16-2012

I have a question related to Nami as well as design philosophy. I don't have an exact quote but I remember Morello saying something along the lines of he didn't want to do what they did with Sona again in that she has a hard initiate. Then Nami comes out with a hard initiate with followup soft cc that can pretty much reach the entirety of midlane. Care to say why this philosophy of not wanting to give supports AoE hard initiates has changed? Again, I don't remember EXACTLY what he said, but I'm pretty sure it was along those lines.

Nilous7

11-16-2012

Is there a reason that her W doesn't affect Jungle creeps? She cannot help a jungler with it, nor can she use it to help claim a disputed monster like dragon or baron. It'd be nice to let her throw it at a jungle monster to help allies (or to let her jungle )

Krusiv

11-16-2012

Her W costs way too much many and it falls off into non-existence in any part of the game other than the laning phase. That's the only major complaint I have about her.

EDIT: Apparently there is a bug on PBE that makes it cost double. My bad.

SomTingWong

11-16-2012

You have champs like lee who i have seen go top, mid, jungle, and i have even seen him support ( while not that great it isnt completely useless) while other champs acn only play one role... i mean if a mid (zyra,lux,morg) why can't supp why cant supp mid O_o

phar0ah1

11-16-2012

Nami does not show any graphics when I unlocked her. Not sure if this was reported already or not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8h1a3ck9a8xruu6/Nami-no-graphics.png

henchdog

11-16-2012

Quote:
Classick:
This is something I've thought about a lot, one idea we've thought of is a more debuff heavy support where their AP ratios scale the duration of their debuffs as opposed to damage. More than likely Nami will have her AP ratios reduced some, but we don't want to make purchasing AP feel like a complete waste.

Personally I LOVE the fact that Lulu has low ratios, it means I can build her as a 'shredder' support buying malady, BC and stark's and not feel too guilty about it. Playing an aggressive but useful support is much more fun and satisfying!

Nami looks great by the way.

Lykurgus

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Quote:
phar0ah1:
Nami does not show any graphics when I unlocked her. Not sure if this was reported already or not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8h1a3ck9a8xruu6/Nami-no-graphics.png

Her Splash art isn't entirely finished yet, if you notice during the loading screen only her character model is finished and not the background.

This is the first support champ that really stood out for me, aesthetically at least, and I love her kit. Though there are a lot of other support champs that are great, they just didn't do it for me.

With all the new items it was difficult for me to build her initially, since there are some really great support items and some awesome new AP items.

My one complaint would be the Icon for E, it doesn't really explain everything because of the tooltip. The next five seconds (as the buff icon shows) or the next three auto-attacks, which it doesn't show. After the Buff Icon is gone, is the buff still available? Would it be possible to put a number tic on the Icon so it shows how many auto attacks you have left?

LeonSilvis

11-16-2012

does nami have any special interactions with fizz?

Ginga

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Quote:
Classick:
It's a tough line to make a support "viable" middle and not overpowered, I'll try to get as close to that line as possible but it has proved to be quite difficult in the past.

Why not take Lux, Morgana, and Kayle as a model then?

They're all labelled as Support in the shop, and technically they can support, but they are also fully capable of solo laning, which is far more fun than babysitting without any farm yourself.

PS - and Zilean

Healsforhugs

11-16-2012

Quote:
Ginga:
Why not take Lux, Morgana, and Kayle as a model then?

They're all labelled as Support in the shop, and technically they can support, but they are also fully capable of solo laning, which is far more fun than babysitting without any farm yourself.

They don't have as much CC as Nami has. Champions with high amount of CC with good AP ratios who take a solo lane are extremely hard to deal with in team fights (release Zyra / release Lulu).