Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who else think Shooters(Halo4, CoD) are pieces of **** ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpiderSexChamber

11-15-2012

I dream of a FPS with fantasy and exploration elements.. and one where there's more to it than simply spawning and shooting.

I'm so sick and tired of the same old FPS with burly, ugly military men shooting at terrorists or other ugly military men.

So much awesome, new and fresh ideas just waiting to be hatched, but no one wants to deviate. Depressing..

AND by the way, FPS games in the 90's were awesome. Huge level design, lots of tension and no regenerating health. Like, WTF happened, really.

Microgravituss

11-15-2012

Quote:
SpiderSexChamber:
I dream of a FPS with fantasy and exploration elements.. and one where there's more to it than simply spawning and shooting.

Ever played Fallout3/NV? They're a lot like what you just described, though I'd classify them as being more RPG than shooter.

To the OP, some people really like competitive, twitch-based shooting games, like UT or CoD.
The storyline is a moot point; it's all about getting together with your friends and shooting people. Or shooting your friends.
Sure, there may be tons of expletive-spewing 10 years olds, but you can always mute them. As far as realism goes, people don't really care.
Real wars aren't ever 100-mph shootfests, but hell if it isn't fun in a game.

SpiderSexChamber

11-15-2012

Quote:
Microgravituss:
Ever played Fallout3/NV? They're a lot like what you just described, though I'd classify them as being more RPG than shooter.

How could I possibly forget.

Yes! At least a thousand hours of my life went into those two. Great examples of a step in the right direction.

Dishonored as well is a great game.

But yeah, all the above are more like RPGs, not true FPS games. Definately on the right track though for what I'd love to see in the genre, and would like to see more exotic settings and playable races, its almost always a story of humanity.

ChoppazAndDakka

11-15-2012

WHY DO PEOPLE LlKE THE THINGS I DON'T LIKE

ShadowDark

11-16-2012

There are six main Halo games released over a period of eleven years.
There are nine main CoD games released over a period of nine years.

One game every other year, or one game every single year (two games per year, if you count handheld titles and console exclusives like Big Red One which bring the total number of CoD games up to 17).

CoD is the cash cow here. Halo might make a lot of money, but they don't milk it anywhere near as hard as CoD.

Captain Jack32

11-16-2012

The only multiplayer fps's I ever play anymore is CS:GO and TF2. I am not a fan of CoD and I've grown quite tired of Halo, although I did have fun with it for a while.

Danissimo

11-16-2012

Quote:
Son4t4 Arctica:
Im tired of the hype CoD and Halo received in the western area. Im a big fan of RPG's and all the good memories i have from gaming is from games like FF4-10, Chrono Cross, Trigger, LotD, Tales of series, etc.

Why ? Because they actually have a story and characters you care about.

Shooters is all about killing people all day, Im trying to understand the hype but I cant, i just simply cant ....

If you can't engage the player in active gameplay, you have to engage him/her in the story. That's the basic design difference between the 2 genres. Also, you have to give credit to games that advance the genres, even if you don't like them. E.g. Counter-Strike was a breakthrough in terms of team based gameplay in shooters, WoW was a breakthrough in RPG genre, which now becames so repetitive that GW2 is becoming a new breakthrough. COD MW was a breakthrough for several reasons: firstly, its game engine is superb - it's fast, lagfree and very hardware friendly, that's why it's so popular; secondly, it added the story driven shooter gameplay. Yes, it's not the book type of story, more like news type of story, but it's like asking what do you prefer more, reading a book or watching a movie stuff. Halo has its perks which I am not aware of.

Long story short: even if you don't like the game, it's popular for a reason and you should appreciate its achievements (I hate Crysis but it had the best graphics so gotta give credit for that, EA sucks generally... :[ )

Danissimo

11-16-2012

also yeah, NFS became total trash after Most Wanted when they started making 1 game per year, so does COD become more trashy. MW2 was the best imo

ATastyDessert

11-16-2012

I like shooters like CoD and Halo (only played the first one though) as well as shooters like Resident Evil 4. I like puzzle games like Professor Layton, Sukoku, and other various puzzle games I can find on my iPhone. Racing games I prefer not to play (waaay too repetitive for me). RPGs and the like; it depends on the game (Tales of Symphonia best damned RPG ever).

So in short, I'll like what I have fun with since I don't really discriminate against genres (except racing and music games).

ReIius Clover

11-16-2012

Halo 3 and CoD4 were the best on the x-cube at the time. Now... idfk.