How did your 10 placement matches go?

1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Hero

11-15-2012

Serious thread, I'm curious what other people experienced in their first 10 matches, and how they felt afterwards. Hard, easy? Did you learn a lot? Did your teammates cause you to lose faith in humanity?

Here's my experience. I was 1394 at the end of last season, but I took a 3-4 month break from League around the end of summer, and only recently came back. I played a few normal games to warm up and then when season 3 started I decided to take the plunge into ranked.

1. Cho'Gath mid - Loss

Versed Diana in lane. This is a lane I was not ready for at all, since I had no idea about Diana's abilities (she was released when I was taking a break from the game) I got my ass kicked and played horrible. This game really made me want to save up IP for Diana, she seemed to do everything effortlessly in mid.
End score: 0/5/5

2. Alistar support - Loss

Could not pull enough plays, had no practice, made bad decisions. Overall, I played a very bad Alistar.
End score: 1/10/8

3. Kayle top. - Loss

Versed Zed this game, another champion I was unfamiliar with, he got way more CS but could not do anything worthwhile in teamfights, whereas I could at least nuke the carries pretty hard and score some kills, could not carry, lost game.
End score:4/4/2

4. Kayle top - Loss

This time I was more aggressive, got more CS, won my lane, but in teamfights I would constantly just kill one person and then die myself. Lost game.
7/7/5

5. Kog'maw adc - Win

I was tired of losing at this point. I decided that part of the reason I was losing was because I was trying things in ranked that I basically had never tried before (or I had done them so long ago that it didn't matter). So I decided to go back to my roots, one thing I remember I was good at was Kog'maw. This game was pretty standard, the team was very supportive, and we won.
End score: 4/2/8

6. Teemo top - Loss

Easily kicked Jax out of lane. He could not farm much at all with my constant aggression. He tried to be aggressive on me but my poking was too strong. However, when midgame and lategame rolled around, I did not make any epic plays, and could not carry.
3/3/5

7. Kog'maw adc - Loss

Made a lot of effort, still lost, good game though. One teamfight at the end could have swayed the game either way. Their ADC was definitely more skilled than I was in terms of mechanics and lane aggression, but I learned a lot from facing them.
End score: 6/2/6

8. Lulu support - Win

I hadn't done this in forever, so I forgot how fun and useful she could be in lane. Surprisingly, even though I haven't played Lulu in months, I made some key plays that saved our Graves in teamfights and allowed him to clean up. My warding could have been a lot better though because I died 3 times from ganks, sacrificing myself for Graves.
End score: 0/3/9

9. Nunu support - Win

Partnered with Cait, and discovered a truly OP lane. Maxed Nunu's W, Blood Boil, and had Cait buffed the whole time which let her play very aggressively against the enemy MF and Sona. Even when they were towerhugging and trying to farm, they weren't really safe from Cait. She was smart enough to buy lifesteal items, which allowed her to heal up after every wave. This time, I fixed my mistakes from last game and did ward well to keep our lane safe from Maokai ganks. It all paid off. This game made me want to buy Caitlyn just for this epic bot lane combo.
End score: 1/2/12

10. Malphite jungle - Win
Hadn't done this in forever, Malphite OR jungling, but I thought what the hell, he isn't banned, and I was feeling very focused going into this match. Made some good initiates (and one bad one) but overall helped our Orianna secure a lot of kills (quadra at the end). Our Ezreal wasn't doing so hot and I picked up on that right away and focused my efforts on helping our AP carry get fed.
End score: 2/4/18

So here I am at the end of my placement matches, sitting at 1254 ELO with a 4-6 record. Overall I think the matches were very fair because each time I lost, I knew that there was definitely something I could have done better to help us win. I believe that I definitely deserved to lose all those games, and I also believe that I'll be able to improve and carry my way back up.

What were everyone else's experiences like?

Fexa09

11-15-2012

I was placed, in an Elo.

Soggy

11-15-2012

I was 1650 last season. Had a losing streak cause I didn't take a break inbetween matches. Now im 1176. Halp.

Unicornnnn

11-15-2012

7-3 twas fun

yayjinaz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotMime View Post
I was 1650 last season. Had a losing streak cause I didn't take a break inbetween matches. Now im 1176. Halp.
There is no escape.

I'm 4-0 right now @ 1337, and shooting for 1700 if I manage to 10-0.

Rikukun

11-15-2012

i'm waiting for the players significantly worse than me to drop down much lower, and the players significantly better than me to get far far away from where I am.

will play in like a month or so.

DeciEVE or AFK

11-15-2012

Won 8 out of 10 by a landslide.

I instalocked support in 8 of those games too, guess which ones?

Next

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

2-0 so far and still rolling to diamond again

Meowzor

Recruiter

11-15-2012

6/4 not bad cant win them all. only had 1 with connection problems

Fight Spice

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeciEVE or AFK View Post
Won 8 out of 10 by a landslide.

I instalocked support in 8 of those games too, guess which ones?
"look at me get carried mommy"

1234511 ... 15