Diamond elo, (main)Jungle- answering all questions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Jungleton

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I picked up Maokai and love him. I am going to grab Skarner as well to have AD and AP jungle. My question is, how do you initiate a gank in solo queue? I ping, I type in chat, and still it seems people just don't go in. My understanding is I'm playing the two best initiators in the game. What can I do better, or what is the best way to initiate?

Especially mid. They always seem so aggressive at my level (lvl 20 so not even low Elo) That they push to the enemy tower then get mad I'm not ganking. I can't tank a turret at level 4. :-(

Also, when should I start ganking? Does a lvl2 gank really matter? It only buys the lane about 40sec of solo farm.

I only gank at lvl 2 if i know for sure I can make them blow a summoner. like flash or ghost. i dont really have to get a kill, just make them waste flash and then come back @ lvl 3 for the kill. generally lvl 3 gank is the strongest. and tell your team not to push for ganks to play passive and only last hit. I generally always ping my paths im going to take in solo Q so my teammate knows what im about to do. I dont really like iniating ganks ( i play lee sin a lot. so i have my teammate go in and ill jump on them for shield and drop slow, put a Q on them and wait for them to flash to follow up my lee jump [Q]). You deff dont want to risk a lvl 3-4 dive and lose 2x buff that will set u far back. if the lanes are pushed and u have no gank opportunities just farm up and ward their jungle (their tri, their buffs and their ramp to wraiths) this will not only save your teamates from getting ganked but will allow you to counter gank and get your mid a kill on their jungler for that 2x buff.

BigPhill

11-27-2012

Is sejuani jungle viable in higher elos? I thoroughly enjoy the jungle role however I'm honestly only decent with sejuani or kayle jungle thus far. I've tried others but frankly got bored with malph jungle before I saw him commonly banned. Rengar was fun until his nerf, but he was much too squishy for my taste anyway. I'd really like to see if I can ride sejuani into higher elo, but I don't want to see her become useless once I get there.

Kromb

01-29-2013

I main sej and hec, and usually don't have issue with clear and lane pressure. My problem is when my team is being picked off by their jungle and of course evryone says thats my fault. So now I feel like I have to farm morw (ganks don't work cause their semi fed so I can't pose a threat.) Please help me approach this. More counter jungling? Or faster lane pressure? ( wich is hard to do if all lanes are pushed giving their jungle the easy gank) I feel like I'm missing something.

C4KE

01-29-2013

Dat Necro OP.

Thorston13

01-29-2013

Is Riven still a viable Jungler post nerf???
And when is a good time to Riven Jungle???

Thank you for your time and advice.

Blauto

01-29-2013

I LOVE me some Mundo. Can you write out a typical carry Mundo build including tunes and masteries? Obviously I know some of it will be situational depending on team comp and who is fed. Your explanation of warding and timing buffs has helped me a ton.

One more question, a typical Mundo gank. Do you lead with cleaver or do you let your team initiate and use it to stick to them?

Thanks

AORainmaka

01-30-2013

So I seem to like playing Eve a lot jungle. I recently hit 30, but I'm not going into ranked yet since I do not have full runes for any lane. I have started attempting looking into Mumu, Maoki, and Skarner. However like I said I do not have the strong runes to play the tanky junglers.

My question is if Eve is a viable jungler even though she is a glass cannon type? Since she is weak without feed, people counter jungle pretty hard on her. Therefore how do I defend a counter jungle or even provide my own counter jungle to stop a mirror match?

Also in your opinion is it better to go for a more tank jungle than the glass cannon damage jungle?

TheF1ash

01-30-2013

Olaf, I haven't seen anyone mention him as a jungler. I find him better than any other, I have an extremely quick clear time and haven't had any issues in early game. But I find that my issue is in the mid/late game with him. I've tried the tanky and the Glass Cannon versions to handle it. I've had a few games where both worked.

Also, What are your thoughts on taking wolves & blue and then going over to counter jungle their red?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Thoughts on runes for jungling? Obviously armor yellows are standard on all junglers, and scaling MR blues(or AP for certain AP junglers).

For reds, I have flat AD, ArPen, and AS, and for quints, I have MS and LS. Now, for the most part, I know when to use AS vs ArPen(most junglers benefit from AS now because of the machete, but there are exceptions, like Olaf who clears with axes rather then AAs), but I'm not clear on flat AD vs ArPen.

For quints - alot of people tell me to use MS over LS, but I find I have much weaker clears on some champions that way. Lee Sin is a recent example - I end with very low health on an MS clear, while I maintain decent health with LS.

Is there a way to make MS more viable? Should I just back after my first clear rather then try to gank?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Just a headsup for everyone, Jungleton doesn't look into this thread anymore, however, I will let him know if I see him.