Did Riot change the queue system with last patch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bozh

11-15-2012

After the season 3 patch hit live, i have noticed a much faster queue time for my normal games.

But with the faster queue time, it seems like riot also changed the way we get placed into queues because the usual number of revives I see each game went from 10 to 7-8 per game. Trolls also become a more frequent sight, today alone I seen a fizz who would target the enemy shen first every time and have no idea where to go the whole game, a poppy who did a dunk master build and rushed 4 zeals, and a teemo who just sit in the jungle and build mazes with mushrooms( and somehow got a triple kill...), not really helping the team or capturing towers.

Am I the only one who have this problem?

A12MO12

11-15-2012

i dont think so just had two 30 minute queues.

radicalratx

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozh View Post
... and a teemo who just sit in the jungle and build mazes with mushrooms( and somehow got a triple kill...)...

lol'ed IRL.

I've noticed a huge variability in team skill. One game we get rolled 5-cap style, and the next game, my team 5 caps the enemy team.

Before the patch, teams were nearly always quite equal. Now its a mess from my end. Riot did mention that they tweaked the matchmaking for this patch.

Nostra63

11-16-2012

Before the patch I was getting ~10min que times during peak hours and seeing a lot of the same people over the course of an evening of playing. The games were always very close and tons of fun. I think i was over 1700 when ratings were visible with jabebot.
Now, ques are near instant and it's a total **** shoot on the quality of teammates I get. Just today I had a 1-21 ryze and 2-2x vlad in the same game. Like Radicalratx said, 5-cap one game, get 5-capped the next. It is seriously not fun anymore.

JustAGhost

11-16-2012

I've been having the same problem. I don't know what they did to the matchmaker, but whatever it was they need to revert the changes because this is getting ridiculous.

Sauron

11-16-2012

Well Jabe is usually mucking around with the matchmaking algs. I get matched against premades quite a lot now, but at least I no longer have to wait 90+ minutes to get a queue pop. I'd say about 80% of my games are against premades, which would explain why my rating is going up while my win difference isn't moving much.

Of course, the poor fellows that solo queue onto my team are the ones that suffer. I'm like a magnet for torment now. Call me the Nameless One.