How to Darius

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trg1234

11-15-2012

I really like Darius, but I'm not that experienced with him so can someone tell me how to build his items, masteries, runes,and etc.

iWREQ

11-15-2012

Q>E>W>AA>Q>R.. GG.. lol but in all seriousness just build high dmg, get a little sustain. Ur mobility outside of flash sucks ducks so think of urself as a melee assasin. No one likes to see Darius come out of the side bush mid team fight and just R R R R R PENTA their team.

adc

11-15-2012

You guys aren't dunking properly. This is how you play darius:

Step one. Remove all keys but R.
Step two. Tape down R key.
Step three. Enable smartcast.
Step four. Dunk.

Similar to karthus, but not quite.

YuHZ

11-15-2012

Is this thread for real?

trg1234

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuHZ View Post
Is this thread for real?
It is but I don't control what people post

quardians

11-15-2012

Forgot to do this. PO-TAE-TOE

cant

11-15-2012

I recently have played a lot of Darius and have gotten to know his strengths and weaknesses.

First thing I'd like to say is that a lot of people say that ranged champions(teemo/vlad/ad kennen/jayce) counter Darius because of his low mobility. I'll tell you that this is not your biggest weakness. beating ranged champs can be very easy if you just do not let them bully you.

Your biggest worry as Darius is that his harass is aoe damage. and will push the lane in a heart beat. this makes Darius very weak against early jungle ganks. This happens to me 90% of the time i play Darius.

Top lane will cry like a baby after you Q them for a third of their health early on. If top lane is left alone i find myself being a better duelist and winning most of my lanes. but MOST of the time, expect a jungler camping top.

Summoner spells: I take flash/ignite. having low mobility flash really helps in every situation and ignite has great synergy with his passive dot.

Masteries. I run staight def masteries as of s2. its a full defensive build and I grab the ad/cdr from the offence tree.

Runes. I run, armor pen reds. flat armor yellows. cdr blues. and ad quints.

Building Darius is quite simple.
I start with boots obviously. and try to play safe farm while harassing. just like any normal lane.
if you play everything right farm well and maybe get first blood. you win.

First back> I pick up *2 dorans blades*, more pots, and wards.
(Remember that potions can mean the difference in being forced out of lane. if you back and buy 4 pots and they only have 3. You can safely make even exchanges and come out on top in the end)

Second back and on> Ninja tabi/ merc treads. your choice. im sure you know how to pick boots.
My first major item on Darius is a

*Phage into Frozen mallet.*
I get frozen mallet for a few reasons.
It makes you tanky early on. and it allows you to STICK on your target. Darius's low mobility allows champs to break free when running and they think that is their strong point is distance. Frozen mallet combined with his slow on W. and his pull allow you to auto attack and stack your dot very fast between skills.

Another thing Frozen Mallet allows is kiting. say you're behind and you simply cannot duel your opposition. get him to fight you and dump your skills into him and then walk away, just out of auto attack range is fine. until your skills are back up. then dump them again. sometimes you'll get lucky and you can wear them down with your dot. This is a great technique and is very easy to master.

after FM its really your choice how to build. builds I find myself doing are

Boots
Dorans
Frozen Mallet
----------------------- ---------------------
Maw or maumortius(SP) / Warmogs
Guardian Angel / Atma's Impaler
Last whisper / Other tanky items
Warmogs / Guardian Angel

There are a lot of different build that are viable on Darius. I personally have just had success with these types of builds.

A lot of people suggest building a blood thirster and going into riven style play because he scales so well with ad. but I feel like this build really throws away any kind of survivability.

Another alternative is some people build philo stone> sherelia's for the on use burst of speed to make up for his lack in mobility and allows you to close on targets. This is very viable. I've seen success with this aswell. The regen and gp5 are great for sustain in lane. but can really take away from your damage early on. over all i feel like the Frozen mallet does a better job of this.

I'll close this out by saying that Darius is incredibly fun. I can't tell you how many times I've snowballed out of control just running around the map dunking on everyone. Many people will poke that Darius is such an easy champ but I find that a lot of people can be challenging to lane against in this Mobility meta that has come to be known. Just ignore them. dey mad.

P.S. Ezreal can eat ****.

DaRumpleforeskin

11-15-2012

how to darius? right click, place face on left side of keyboard, quickly roll face to right, win. He's a bull**** champion and I would rather eat a pissed off live porcupine than have a darius in my game.

DaRumpleforeskin

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieydg View Post
I recently have played a lot of Darius and have gotten to know his strengths and weaknesses.

First thing I'd like to say is that a lot of people say that ranged champions(teemo/vlad/ad kennen/jayce) counter Darius because of his low mobility. I'll tell you that this is not your biggest weakness. beating ranged champs can be very easy if you just do not let them bully you.

Your biggest worry as Darius is that his harass is aoe damage. and will push the lane in a heart beat. this makes Darius very weak against early jungle ganks. This happens to me 90% of the time i play Darius.

Top lane will cry like a baby after you Q them for a third of their health early on. If top lane is left alone i find myself being a better duelist and winning most of my lanes. but MOST of the time, expect a jungler camping top.

Summoner spells: I take flash/ignite. having low mobility flash really helps in every situation and ignite has great synergy with his passive dot.

Masteries. I run staight def masteries as of s2. its a full defensive build and I grab the ad/cdr from the offence tree.

Runes. I run, armor pen reds. flat armor yellows. cdr blues. and ad quints.

Building Darius is quite simple.
I start with boots obviously. and try to play safe farm while harassing. just like any normal lane.
if you play everything right farm well and maybe get first blood. you win.

First back> I pick up *2 dorans blades*, more pots, and wards.
(Remember that potions can mean the difference in being forced out of lane. if you back and buy 4 pots and they only have 3. You can safely make even exchanges and come out on top in the end)

Second back and on> Ninja tabi/ merc treads. your choice. im sure you know how to pick boots.
My first major item on Darius is a

*Phage into Frozen mallet.*
I get frozen mallet for a few reasons.
It makes you tanky early on. and it allows you to STICK on your target. Darius's low mobility allows champs to break free when running and they think that is their strong point is distance. Frozen mallet combined with his slow on W. and his pull allow you to auto attack and stack your dot very fast between skills.

Another thing Frozen Mallet allows is kiting. say you're behind and you simply cannot duel your opposition. get him to fight you and dump your skills into him and then walk away, just out of auto attack range is fine. until your skills are back up. then dump them again. sometimes you'll get lucky and you can wear them down with your dot. This is a great technique and is very easy to master.

after FM its really your choice how to build. builds I find myself doing are

Boots
Dorans
Frozen Mallet
----------------------- ---------------------
Maw or maumortius(SP) / Warmogs
Guardian Angel / Atma's Impaler
Last whisper / Other tanky items
Warmogs / Guardian Angel

There are a lot of different build that are viable on Darius. I personally have just had success with these types of builds.

A lot of people suggest building a blood thirster and going into riven style play because he scales so well with ad. but I feel like this build really throws away any kind of survivability.

Another alternative is some people build philo stone> sherelia's for the on use burst of speed to make up for his lack in mobility and allows you to close on targets. This is very viable. I've seen success with this aswell. The regen and gp5 are great for sustain in lane. but can really take away from your damage early on. over all i feel like the Frozen mallet does a better job of this.

I'll close this out by saying that Darius is incredibly fun. I can't tell you how many times I've snowballed out of control just running around the map dunking on everyone. Many people will poke that Darius is such an easy champ but I find that a lot of people can be challenging to lane against in this Mobility meta that has come to be known. Just ignore them. dey mad.

P.S. Ezreal can eat ****.
this guy has a whole ****ing guide for the easiest champion in the game... I feel so sorry for you son but you are beyond the point of no return

IceCreamSammich

11-15-2012

Darius is easy. Go to options. enable smartcast and remap all your keys to 'R'. sit back and win