Smart Casting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

de Dust

11-15-2012

Is there any reason NOT to have smart casting on? Just curious...

de Dust

11-15-2012

aside from preference of course

Arrevax

11-15-2012

It can be a pest to set up, and you often have to modify it when you want to play certain champions. I don't bother with it, personally.

GON the Mage Guy

11-15-2012

Depends on the type of ability and preference. I use non smartcast for lining up skillshots.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-15-2012

Playing a new champion without smart casting on can help, simply because you get to see the ranges on all of the spells. I wouldn't say it's a pain to set up though.

You can change the preferences for the hot keys. To point out though, you don't even need to go into the menus. Shift+Q/W/E/R is the smart cast command.

Olaeceae

11-15-2012

Pretty much what everyone is saying. Preference, and certain champions you only want certain abilities on smart cast and skill shots off smart cast.

When I play Nidalee, having Q on smartcast is not nearly as effective as manual cast.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-15-2012

The only time I don't use smart cast is for select long cooldown abilities I want to make certain I land. Typically these are global/long range ultimates.

Otherwise, until you get the hang of the range of a particular ability, you might not want to use smartcast lest you waste it by popping it when you're not in range (and still having it go off when you get in range).

phatmonkey91

11-16-2012

I personally use smartcast on everything (even wen first timing a champ). I find that if i start without smarcasting then when i go back my abilities (especially skillshots) are slightly off wen i go back, however it does not take more than a few casts for me to learn ranges and things like that when using smartcasting, so i never take it off.

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

some people will say it's bad for spells like Event Horizon (veigar stun) because it requires good aim, but if you use the range indicator, there's no reason to spam your left click all the time.

this helps me also because I play some FPS on my pc, and my left click is wearing down as fast as right click instead of left busting before right once a year

Kyrie Friegraf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

One specific example of you really can't smart cast.

Rumble's ultimate will have cardiac arrest if you try to smartcast it.