black login and main page

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigMD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

during updating my lol client my power went out, and messed with ym install it seems, since then i have repaired and re installed, multiple times and am still having a problem, both the login screen and the main page after login are black, check pictures because i cant explain very well

client is fixed now!, uninstalled, deleted and folders left behind, and cleared registry, then reinstalled

Icosahedron

QA Analyst

Follow Icosahedron on Twitter

11-15-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

That's strange, BigMD. I don't know what this is, so I'm not 100% sure what to do to fix it. This may be a bit of a longshot, but try this:
Close your client completely, delete the file "last_versions" in your "RADS" folder, and re-patch.

Let me know if this changes anything.

BigMD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

i just attempted deleting the file in my RADS folder after closing LoLLauncher.exe from my processes. after opening the launcher again nothing seems to have changed.

just wanted to add, thank you for your responce

Icosahedron

QA Analyst

11-15-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Well, poop. I'll let you know if I have any other advice. For now, does this affect any other aspect of your playing? Can you still access Runes/Masteries/etc? Or is it just the landing page?

S3b1gut

11-15-2012

I have the same issue in this PC since last patch. I just tried erasing that file and it did not solve it. Also one or two days ago I tried to fix it by using the "Repair" option, but it did not work either

(Sorry for my bad english)
EDIT: You can't access any menues one you loggued in. There is no play button, nor nothing.

BigMD

11-15-2012

the second image is what happens after logging in (normally the main page where you click play, store, random news, ect.), as far as i can tell i cant click on anything (attempted clicking near where some buttons are) and no friends list in sight. are there keyboard shortcuts to the play button, rune pages/masteries?

BigMD

11-15-2012

anyone else got any ideas? i cannot play the game at all due to this

BigMD

11-15-2012

just confirmed with a friend, does not say i am online to my friends

Icosahedron

QA Analyst

11-16-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

BigMD, if you try this again, see if it generates any logs from that session. You can find them here:

RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0.0.223\de ploy\logs

Look for one that has a timestamp that matches your session, and post it here.

S3b1gut

11-20-2012

Here it is mine. Hope it helps. @Icosahedron