I always win lanes but lose games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swordcookie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLakil View Post
My philosophy is if everyone wins their lane

Is there really a need to group as 5?

Can't each individual lanes just keep pushing
No, because at some point in the game towers simply does not do enough damage to stop people from diving, etc. Thus, if 5 man group together and push down mid, it will be faster than the split pushers if there's no defenders


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taikero

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLakil View Post
My philosophy is if everyone wins their lane

Is there really a need to group as 5?

Can't each individual lanes just keep pushing
Yes, you must begin grouping up straight out of the laning phase. There is power in numbers.

If you are alone, you are a gazelle waiting to be ambushed by the ELEPHANT STAMPEDE!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-15-2012

honestly i thought this was a troll thread.

look at those "main" champs lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kades

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

11-15-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Nope, not over my head. It's so easy to look at a serious thread and then just add some 'troll' to it. I'm trying a different approach, growing a productive conversation based around a troll thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Osduf

Senior Member

11-15-2012

if you win your lane, help other lanes win

Rolling mid 4-0? Gank top/bot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ploki122

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Lavish View Post
Hi i main teemo, malz, morde, shaco, anivia, nidalee, akali, cait, and talon and i have this problem where i seem to always win my lane but then i lose the game. I know it's not my problem because i win my lane and that's 90% of the time spent in an average game, i must have bad luck with team mates, right?
Teemo : I guess shutting down most ADC's damage output for half the fight (if you have exhaust on your team) is really negligible...
Malzahar : I can understand, he has no AoE, No CC, can't do anything in a teamfight...
Mordekaiser : Have you ever heard of the term bait? as in I initiate a 1v3 that I know I won't lose since I am tanky as **** while maintaining high DPS and both teams collapse around that, I ult the adc and proceed to 6v5 win.
Shaco : Just let your 4 teammates carry you while you split push to victory (you can still crush any towers without a problem, and depending on your build you can also bd them without minions)
Anivia : wait what?
Akali : This one is even weirder... I mean unless you reach the 90mins mark, there is most probably at least 1 squishy target on the other team that you can decimate...
Caitlynn : Yeah the fact that the Q reduces your dps output is definitely a killer in here... on top of that you probably lost your zoning tool (W), your kiting tool (E) you poke (R) as well as your amazing range and quite nasty dps (still got that innate, and got even more with the new Runaan Hurricane)


Otherwise, even though Woosh, Kades was right... heck I managed to take the leadership and turn our game into a win when the teams were about 6-13... I was the 1/3/0 Taric supporting our 0/5/1 Vayne... wards and baits op


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marven345

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
honestly i thought this was a troll thread.

look at those "main" champs lol
It IS a troll thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InertBlowfish

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
Nope, not over my head. It's so easy to look at a serious thread and then just add some 'troll' to it. I'm trying a different approach, growing a productive conversation based around a troll thread.

Is your in-game friends list full?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrant Zell

Senior Member

11-15-2012

This happens to me at times. Ya if you get people who do bad in your match, it really sucks for you


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaironLocke

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
If your goal is to win your lane, then you're doing great.

If your goal is to win the game, you should stop focusing on 'winning your lane' as a barometer for anything other than a early/mid game advantage. Because that's really all that it is.


I'd personally much rather have a teammate who knew when to group up as five, knew how to stay positive and constructive when teammates were losing lanes, and knew how not to panic than a player with superior motor skills that couldn't do those things.

It's easy to think of this game as purely about your own skill and how you can properly execute your micro- and those aspects are important- but so much of this game is about showing leadership, teamwork, patience, and striving to carry players who are simply not at your skill level. That's a part of the game. You can ignore it or get frustrated by it or get angry at everyone who is 'not on your level', but a player's ability to accept that simple fact and adapt is crucial to any success in solo que.

And never is that more apparent then when we do these soft-resets and all of a sudden Diamond level players are playing with Bronze players... and the two have very different habits in their approach to the game. Solo Que rewards leaders. It rewards players who are patient with lanes that are feeding. It rewards players who adapt to a lane that's losing and offer to swap or take time to focus or teach players how they can play more passively. Solo Que rewards players who verbally offer support to their teammates, because a team that goes on tilt is incredibly easy to beat- and you are a factor in every game, in either a positive or negative way, on whether you or your teammates go on tilt.


Winning your lane is good- don't get me wrong- but leadership wins games.
You are right and you are wrong.

The only thing anyone can do at certain elo's is play well, know the game and hope for the best. Asking your team to do anything is risky at best. In fact, I find trying to lead my team gets me more reports than wins.

Ever tried telling someone what to build? Or told them to buy wards? Its a disaster. You can only lead by example in most cases and hope they follow suit. I have had dozens of games where I am begging for a team fight and some ward coverage and no one listens.

I wanna know what Riot plans to do to cultivate an educated community. Point and fact: The majority of the players out there dont know how to play and hate being told.

Suggestion: Instead of pro picks, you have pro tips. I wanna see someone explain to people the importance of CS. And the importance of drag. That is rudimentary stuff that too few people understand.