Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cooldown and CDR bug

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WetWyatt

11-15-2012

This would appear to be a client-side issue, with two things to look for. The remaining cooldown of abilities will incorrectly display, and sometimes an abilitie's cooldown timer will not trigger when it is used.

An example of the first issue can be seen if you use an ability, then buy a CDR item shortly afterward. If ability X has a 60 second cooldown before the item is purchased, then the ability is used, thus activating its cooldown, then the CDR item is bought, the tooltip may display the cooldown time as being 42, while the timer is showing that there is still 55 seconds left. I am not sure if this is a consistent or intermittent problem, I only notice it when I am in need of an ability that I expected to be ready, but it wasn't.

The second problem is intermittent. Sometimes when I use an ability, the cooldown timer on the client side does not activate. I have to take my best guess at when the cooldown period is up server side before I can use it again. This causes a lot of trouble when I go into a fight expecting to have an ability, when I really don't.

It is possible that these are both part of the same problem. I have only noticed them within the last few patches, but it is possible that they have existed longer.

Good luck Riot!

Gondul

11-15-2012

The cooldown is based on your cdr when you use the ability. You see this alot with blue buff, if you use your ult and then kill blue buff, the cooldown time may be longer than the displayed cooldown.

WetWyatt

11-16-2012

I assume this also means that teams with a spirit visage get completely ripped off? No wonder nobody gets that item.

TheTechmaturgist

11-16-2012

I think what your experiencing is relating to a switch out bug that occurs when you see your cd up and go to use your ability and it is suddenly blacked our for a split second and there is no CC being applied to you after buying your first cdr item. Lucky heim gets it automatically at lvl 6 when he takes his ult. You will notice that this always happens right at or in a brush. And its lovingly called the BRUSH bug by those of us who have been screaming about it for about two years now. Join the club and prepare to see your elo drop like lead this season as you can repair and uninstall to your hearts desire and the kicker is NOT everyone hast the bug and Riot cant reproduce it to fix it. Enjoy!