Pockets, The Merchant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kayoss666

11-15-2012

Pockets, The Golden Merchant

Looks:
A male about the size of Garen. He is kinda muscularly and a little fat, he also has a gold tint to his skin. He wears normal merchant pants(lots of pockets with doodads hanging out). He has a thick leather belt with two money bags filled with gold. He wears a unbuttoned raw leather vest and has a scar going across his chest. he carries a huge brown sack filled with stuff behind him as his weapon.he also wears Geta sandals for shoes. Short brown hair, blue eyes, and a 5 o'clock shadow look.

Lore:
Pockets has been just about everywhere. He was born to a family of traveling merchants who never stayed in one place longer then a month. His dad started to treat him the trade as soon as he could talk. Which showed when Pockets became a teen, and could barter with even the most famous of merchants. When Pocket became eighteen he told his family he was leaving to travel on his on, he stuffed his pockets and bags with all he could carry and set off. He has traveled the land from sea to sea and discovered that nothing brought more profit then violence.

Upon this discovery Pockets made sure that where there was violence he was there. But being so close to violence isn't safe for the week. Around the age of twenty Pockets took a blade to the chest. It took weeks to heal which cause Pocket a great lost in profit. To prevent this from ever happening again Pockets started to train his body to make his skin as strong as steel. After years of training his body, Pockets heard about the League setting up and decided it was time for his journey to begin again and he the prefect place to begin.

"Where there is violence, there is a profit to be made." Pockets, after hearing about the League's Formation

Role:
Melee, Tank

Stats:
Damage 35 (+1.4 / per level) (60.2 @18)
Health 550 (+150 / per level) (3250 @18)
Mana 0 (+0 / per level)
Move Speed 300
Armor 12 (+4.4 / per level) (83 @18)
Spell Block 30 (+1.5 / per level) (57 @18)
Health Regen 1.5 (+0.2 / per level) (5.1 @18) (this is per second)
Mana Regen 0 (+0.00 / per level)

Skills:
Passive: Merc - Ally champions within 700 units of Pockets can access the shop but at a slight 1% increase in cost and 2% decrease in money back. All minions/monster kills give 10% more gold, champs/torrent give 5%.
Attachment 559718

Skill Q: Banker - Steal gold from all enemies around Pockets(in a distance like the ripples from recall) and deals small damage.
Minions: 1/2/3/4/5
Champ: 2/4/6/8/10
Damage: 10/30/50/70/90
GoldCost: 1/2/3/4/5
Cooldown: 10/10/10/10/10
Range: 150(about)
Note: this doesn't actually take money from other players. Steal is just a word to describe the action.
Attachment 559707

Skill W: Golden Skin(toggle) - Pockets is coated in a sheet of gold granting a boost in both defense and magic resit.
Defense: 5/10/15/20/25
Magresit: 3/6/9/12/15
GoldCost: 4/6/9/13/18 per second plus 50 to activate
Note: when toggled off it begins a 30 sec cooldown, when on passive gold gain is cancelled
Attachment 559709

Skill E: Call of Gold - Pockets litters the ground with gold causeing enemies to target him.
Range: 100/150/200/250/300
GoldCost: 20/40/60/80/100
Effecttime: 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 secs
Cooldown: 0/0/0/0/0
Note: If a champion steps on the gold on the ground they gain it, minions just make it disappear, excluding Pockets.
Gets the money back when he kills the holder with in 10 secs.
Attachment 559708

Skill R: Money Bombs - Throws "X" bags of gold on to the field which explode after 4 secs causing damage and littering the ground with money.
X: 1/3/5
Dam: 200/250/300
Expl range: 150/250/350
Effecttime: 2/3/4 secs
GoldCost: 100/200/300
Cooldown: 50/40/30
Note: same as Call of Gold with gold on ground
Attachment 559710

Tips:
Pockets is a pure tank, increase this by buying items.
Use Golden Skin only when needed at the beginning.
Use Call of Gold to save your allies or to prevent enemy champs from escaping.

Recommended Items:
Tank:

1) Zeke's Herald
2) Randuin's Omen
3) Ninja Tabi
4) Sunfire Cape
5) Atma's Impaler
6) Ionic Spark

Quote:
Joke: "War, it's good for business." toss a few gold coins into the air and catches them
Dance: ???? (can't think of one.)
Taunt: "Come and get it.. if you can." Removes money bag from side and holds it out. Then replaces bag.
Moving:
"Time to make some gold."
"Is there money over there?"
"There's profit ahead."
Attackmove:
"Lets see the competition."
"That looks profitable."
MultiClick:
"I better be getting paid for this."
Attack:
"Money time."
Dying:
"Need more money.... ugh."
Respawn
"This time I'll make twice as much."
Banker:
"Loss some to gain more."
"Takes money to make money."
Golden Skin:
"Feeeeelsss Goooodd..."
Call of Gold:
"Have some gold."
Money Bombs:
"Interest Exploding."
Buying:
"Now that's good shopping."
Selling
"It should of been worth more."

PS: The Skill Icons are from google i claim no right to them.

Kayoss666

11-16-2012

Bumb.
this is my first attempt at designing a champ so any suggestions on how to make it better will help with this and future ideas. Thanks
Character sketches coming soon

Skquish

11-16-2012

I'm not too sure about using gold as a resource system. It really increases the opportunity cost of the skills. Some players might just play him very passively and take advantage of his passive to farm up.

Kayoss666

11-16-2012

Skill Animation:

Banker - Uses his right hand to grab coins from one of his money bags and throws coins at surrounding enemies.

Golden Skin - A Coat of Gold covers Pockets. Starting at the top of his head and going down to his feet.

Call of Gold - Pockets drops his sack and reaches into both money bags and flings money out around him. Then picks back up his sack.

Money Bombs - Using his right hand Pockets throws (X) of his money bags going from right to left. Money bags on character reappear almost instantly.

dragonarrow7

11-16-2012

i agree that gold is a bad idea for a resource simply because it messes up everyone progression of items. i dont want to see a nid with a 6 min death cap. i do like your ideas and you could make a tank out if him yet if you changed your theme and dropped the gold costs and passive. but that up to you. if u really liked the stealing idea, you could make him steal mr, armor, and health which he could turn into temporary hp.

Kayoss666

11-16-2012

well the gold idea was the fact that he is a merchant that only really cares about is gold. how all his moves balance him out is you have to use his moves wisely or you wont be able to buy items but you can't spend all your gold on items or you wont be able to cast your skills sense they cost gold. Golden skin is the big gold killer in his moves (i was trying to decide if the passive gold income should be stopped while its active?) sense it cost gold per sec. but this is also y i made his AP kinda low. He is a tank, basically a hit taker and teammate rescuer.

and i did have a second passive idea. where any tm near Pockets could open the shop but stuff cost more and sold for less. the stingy b******.

Oh and i dont know what " i dont want to see a nid with a 6 min death cap." means. specifically the "nid" part.

Alucard Vanguard

11-16-2012

I think that frankly the gold steal could get a little rediculous pretty fast shutting down the enemy ADC just from half their gold income, the duration of the taunt is OUTRAGEOUSLY long. 7 seconds is far too much for a single CC. keep it to a max of 3 or 4. 7 seconds will shut down an ability power carry for the entire fight alone and the fact that it's aoe should limit it to a max of 3 seconds. Also the 18 gold per seconds is a ton... not sure if suppose to be 10 or not but 18 is still a ton. I say limit it to 5 per second as thats already a good bit more than his natural income, not includng gold per 5 items, which would increase it significantly with his passive. Also, golden skin's buff does seem slightly low for a tank's shield maybe increase it to 40 armor 25 magic resist, or 30 magic resist. I mean, taric already has a 50 armor aura that is free so it seems underpowered for a gold cost. Also it would be very practical for it to be able to scale with something, maybe he does more damage with a few spells based on how much gold he has still, up to a limit.

Fighting Kitten

11-16-2012

I think it would be cool and i thought of a dance just taking out a coin and flipping it and doing tricks with it

Alucard Vanguard

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonarrow7 View Post
i agree that gold is a bad idea for a resource simply because it messes up everyone progression of items. i dont want to see a nid with a 6 min death cap. i do like your ideas and you could make a tank out if him yet if you changed your theme and dropped the gold costs and passive. but that up to you. if u really liked the stealing idea, you could make him steal mr, armor, and health which he could turn into temporary hp.
I have to agree with these comments about the stealing idea, it would be more practical to steal stats not gold, since this could completely shut down an enemy support's gold income n heavily slow down a carry just for being in lane with him

dragonarrow7

11-16-2012

nid = nidalie. her spears would 1 shot if she got death cap that early. which, with the lowered costs is possible. but thats really just an arbitrary example, pokets himself would probably have a warmogs and an atmas by 5-8 min in.