Runes for Mundo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Serafan

11-22-2009

Fellow Dr. Mundo players,

I am curious as to what you have been doing with your runes. The health ones looks very minimal considering the health pools a mundo starts with and ends up with. Damage ones are in the same boat since he hits so hard anyway. Ability cooldown isn't the most useful thing in the world given the already short cooldowns.

I stacked attack speed, but I was thinking about crit as well. Attack speed starts out really crappy but at the end game with other attack speed items the boost increases quickly. I usually don't go for the crit items, playing more as a tank/dps hybrid pusher than hero killer. Has anyone tried attack speed and crit rune setups? If so which did you prefer? Any other setups besides those two?

Thank you

AmPriS

11-22-2009

Red:

Armor Reduction or Crit Damage

Yellow:

MR or Dodge

Blue:

Little choice, a secondary (which more than likely will be crappy) or cool down (actaully a good dps boost for mundo) reduction, your choice.

Quints:

Move speed, ATK speed ( 3 x 3.4 = 10 percent attack speed at start), armor reduction, crit damage.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2009

red = armor red
yellow = hp
blue = cd red
purp = hp

the insta hp, not per level.

the hp quint runes are a bit overpowered. it's a high multiplier compared to other runes.

Tonerboast

11-23-2009

Personally I went with all crit, Early game I favor masochism and it hits hella hard with a crit, I always manage a couple early kills with the crit, plus its still helping you all game with your already massive health pool and masochism being up almost all the time

sephofdeath

11-23-2009

mundo doesn't need attack damage- thats what masochism is for. all he needs is health.... a lot of it
and maybe some magic pen for the cleaver. his cleaver does a **** load of damage to any champion because it is %based. maximize this broken ability with magic pen.

and crit? mundo is DPS in the sense that his burning agony is aoe dmg/sec with masochism on. you don't need crit. you need to spam more cleaver! also use it to last hit. all of mundo's abilities are health based so stack health, not regen as much. (thats sadism is for and get warmogs).

but of course it depends on your play style. but then it is mundo... and mundo is too strong for you! haha

WesleyC

11-24-2009

Pretty much the only viable choice is:

Red = Armor Pen or Crit Chance
Yellow = Health@18
Blue = CD reduction
Quints = Health or CD reduction

Cooldown reduction is really good on Mundo, but none of the CD reduction items are much good because they mostly involve mana. Being able to cleaver every 3.6 seconds rather than every 4 seconds can make all the difference when you're chasing a hero into a rapidly approaching tower.

AmPriS

11-24-2009

It seems the Runes are incorrectly Marked

New Choices are.

Red:

Armor Pen. or Crit Damage

Yellow:

Dodge or HP

Blue:

MR per lvl (2.8 at 18), or cool down reduction

Quint:

1.5% movement, 3.4% atk spd, cooldown reduction, dodge, crit damage,

Holepuncher

11-24-2009

I wouldn't bother with armor, magic resist, or dodge runes. Dodge and armor help vs physical damage, magic resist helps vs magic damage... how do you know what kind of damage you're going to be taking.

For durability, because of mundo's passive it's hard no to go with hp and hp/level.

For more damage you could go crit, attack speed, armor pen, or cooldowns.

I suppose movement speed wouldn't be a bad choice either.

I'm very happy with my current setup which works well for mundo and most other tanks:

RED: HP x 9
YELLOW: HP/LVL x 9
BLUE: CD/LVL x 9
QUINT: HP x3

Altogether I get +156 base hp, +175 additional hp at 18, 8.1% reduced CD at 18.

Vicarious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-24-2009

crit crit crit.

Tonerboast

11-25-2009

Vicarious knows, listen to him