Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warm One

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Reinboom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrent View Post
My friend is a UI artist at the same game studio as me, has some feedback I agree with.
b Hmm that ui.. I like the border work.. the text is a little hard to read
b: like I really like the UI especially if that **** animated
b: Is that the legit new ui?
b: becasue the bottom attribute numbers look like ****
t: yeah its legit
b: and thats enough nitpicking for me.
t: although maybe not 100% final
t: not live yet
b: some of the UI elements don't pop and the icons look muddled
t: It looks ok but I'd change some things too.
b: why does everything look like apple came all over it.. glossy buttons and embossing.. uggh
t: I'm not a fan of the green coloring, too scifi and could have done without gloss.
b: yeah ... I think they wanted a magical look but the gold/bronze piping and aqua/green colors don't mesh well
b: Also they should fix their &#%^ing 'W' character
b: it's aliased to #$&*
t: ha
b: the UI details aren't consistent .. it makes me miss working on ACTUAL game UI
b: not rape feature skinning
b: makes me miss even working on **** like Star Trek Online ..
Fonts: We're still tweaking with that (and by tweaking, I mean most likely completely replacing).
As a fellow designer, I must say that the new gloss and aliased keyboard letters on the HUD really do ruin it. I also do not like the border designs, too thick and sharp at the edges, and the level up buttons are too fat compared to the rest of the style, so it looks out of place, but that is more opinion. The actual functionality is great, and was much needed in regards to other MOBAs, so I commend Riot for this.

Lazien

11-15-2012

Pretty Please make the "consumables" always on top like this pick I found on Reddit.

http://i.imgur.com/QOQf1.png

This would save you time to get back to lane without needing to go through tabs or search.

Droidnuts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Will searching "NMST" get me Morello's Evil Tome?

HippiekillerVX9

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockHeart View Post
Custom Recommended items is stall a want.
Yea, I dont see any reason why they wont offer that. I love the changes but they are still missing one. One very important change IMO.

devastoran

11-15-2012

i liked the old hud better. but its nice to see riot making changes. and i adjust quickly to new thhings anyway.

Biwamaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

So you guys are copy pasting dota 2, whats next? chat wheel hud?

PastrySandwich

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Reinboom View Post
Not initially and that's a feature that's still under investigation. Our priority was first getting a more manageable and faster to use interface.
I really think this was the biggest issue with the shop, and a change that has been asked about for a lonnnnnng time. I unsderstand wanting to get an enire new format in tandem with the new items, but at least not setting in the functionality for this feature to be quickly implemented soon after the season changes goes live seems like a grave undersight.

I think the changes you are adding are nice, just sad that something this functionable and known issue wasn't taken into consideration from phase 1.

Phantom5

11-15-2012

Can't wait to see this in game :P

WuffleWuffle

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockHeart View Post
Custom Recommended items is still a want.
This, please.

GenActive13

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimmu Mikear View Post
cant help but notice the DFG description on your link attachment. It reads "Activate to increase all magic damage done to an enemy champion"

did i miss the preview for this item change or did you just reveal something interesting?
Read that myself and there is no way that defines an active nuke. Is this a leaked update to DFG?