Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Offtheheazy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

yay thanks.

vVv Jabwm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Honestly, the visual updates on the hero were already amazing and now the shop with search functionalities and increased visibility is awesome

keep it up

Roman1209

11-15-2012

That loks pretty gr8. The only thing missing for me are Macros, Alliases popular in some other games.

For example in shop search i would type #support1 and it would show items that I would put in this category. Putting #ad2 would show items for an AD Carry champions. That would make it even faster and simpler.

How that sounds??

eNigMa818

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Reinboom View Post
Usability from a new user perspective was actually a significant concern of ours. We've done extensive tests to confirm or deny ideas as we worked through them.
Overall the new item shop has been a major boon for new players in these tests.
Gotta agree with Riot here, my wife still has trouble finding her Wit's End, regardless of how many times she has looked. Search option will make this a lot easier for her.

Franco Sanchez

11-15-2012

You guys might want to update Ahri's Twisted Treeline recommended build. It calls for a Rabadon's Death Cap.

PotterPan

11-15-2012

The item Count might be confusing to some. Either make the font of item count bigger or make the item hot key smaller. It can be frustrating you know... to go back and buy consumables.

The MechE

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KokoPonz View Post
So I can look for Trinity Force by typing in TONS OF DAMAGE?
^ Very important feature here

I like the new HUD, I hope the top right corner doesn't turn out to be too busy though. Seems a bit bigger.

Jurily

11-15-2012

Will there be a performance impact for the new HUD?

Jocular

11-15-2012

I think it looks great. One exception may be the item slots; having items bound to numbers while having multiple items (ie: health/mana potions) just makes things confusing.

I'm just not sure that what little being gained for the person who isn't familiar with keybinding becomes a bad tradeoff by confusing them with extra numbers. Am I wrong? Guess we'll find out.

Sherrif

Recruiter

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadabruin View Post
Yup! To help streamline purchasing you can even buy straight from the search bar by pressing "Enter".

And yup again, Buying/Selling sounds have been upgraded too. =)
This sounds dangerous, I'd hope that it only works if there is only one hit.