Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tithenion

11-15-2012

Overall I'm liking the changes I'm seeing, particularly with the search function and the extra viewing space on the bottom of the screen. However, there are a few things I'd like to note.

For one, something about the font used on the main HUD just isn't working for me. Some of the letters on the skills seem to be off center, too, such as.... well, all but "Q". Some of the numbers, such as the ones in the health and mana bar, are a little high, too. Might seem like a small nitpick to some, but from a designer's viewpoint it's annoying, haha. The font in the item page seems fine, though.

Another point is some of the buttons. The skill upgrade buttons, for one, seem a little bit off. Not bad, but maybe tone down the brightness of the gold color and make it a little more bronze to fit better with the frames (though of course you want them to stand out from those as well). And while I like the design of the new ping buttons, in the case of these I feel like they could be a slightly more vibrant color of red and yellow. Not much, but just a little. The yellow, specifically, looks little sickly.

Finally, as an overall observation on the design, are you going to be upgrading some of the other things, such as the escape menu, to keep with a cohesive look? The new item menu has a more modern look which would make it feel out of place. I definitely like it, but I hope that changes are made all around to fit the new style.

Keep up the good work, guys! Can't wait to test this out.

Cipher Pol 9

11-15-2012

Kog'maw starting faerie charm and pots....Absolutely disgusting

RPRoMGC

11-15-2012

This new update is going to be so awesome I dont know how much better it could get
League for the win!!

festafreak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

I've played dota 2 only a couple times but man does that look like dota 2. Looks good though. Should make buying easier.

iNewblet

11-15-2012

looks really nice, too bad i gotta learn to find where everything is and fast, again.

Rockwell

11-15-2012

remember that purple monster guy with the big nose that sold things? where did he go. bring him back

Wurstchen

11-15-2012

Consumables slot please!

NoGo

11-15-2012

Riot should allow a toggle for both the old HUD and the new HUD i think that would be pretty cool.

dim3tapp

11-15-2012

I hope some of the options, such as the inventory hotkeys can be toggled in the options. Looks good guys - thanks!

Erifyks

11-15-2012

New hud & interface looks great guys, love your work!