Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Death Meowtal

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamboodPanda View Post
No Quick Cast shortcut yet? Come on Riot! We've been asking for that for years now.
I believe that would be smart casting which they have available for you to switch too if you prefer it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6GEagYbiCc

Attomi

11-15-2012

The real question is:
How fast can I buy boots and pots?

I must know.

Wriggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghilliesaur View Post
USING ALL CAPS TO GET ATTENTION FOR MY QUESTION

How will this affect my foxUI mod?
it's dead jim

by which I mean "the files it uses, both in filename and in contents, are nothing alike compared to live".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attomi View Post
The real question is:
How fast can I buy boots and pots?

I must know.
HOWFASTCANYOUTYPE?!

p[enter]BOOTS OF SPEED[enter][SHIFT+HOME or CTRL+A][DELETE]HEALTH POTION[enter][enter][enter][escape]

Xyltin

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedPorcupine View Post
I'm not complaining that they're adding this stuff, just that they making WAY too similar to dota's Its unappealing. If I wanted a UI similar to Dota's I would play Dota. And isn't riot's goal to make LoL a "Unique Experience" among gaming? well Right now with the UI changes, it seems to be getting more and more like dota. I don't want a "Dota" experience when i play LoL, I want a "LoL" experience when I play LoL. I mean, its great you're making these changes, but considering just how similar they are to the things in Dota2 makes it dissappointing because its just saying, "Hey, we're lazy with our design, lets just copy a very successful and great UI without any thought for originality." Its just If I want a Dota 2 experience I'd play dota 2. I play LoL to experience LoL, not Dota. And more and more lately its just been that Its becoming more and more of a Dota experience... Come on Riot. I want to play a Unique game, Not a game with the Same UI as another game but slightly different mechanics... I want to Play LoL not Dota....
The Dota2 UI is a 95% copy from WC3.
And the new UI of LOL looks still similar to the current one in terms of positioning. There is nothing that changed it's place.
The only thing that resembles Dota2 are the skill rank rectangles.

The shop of lol was already better and is now way better than the Dota2 shop

And don't say Riot is lazy. they made a whole new game, while Valve copied the whole game, mechanics, heroes, even the delay of WC3 and the interface. They did only make the game menu and the upper border in the game, together with one of the worst shops that was every seen in a game.

What is really copied from Dota2 in the new HUD?
Actually nothing except for the skill rank indicators.
The rest stays the same, but we got item hotkeys visible now.
So 2 pretty unimportant things for the gameplay changed.

While the Shop stays better than the Dota2 shop.
You pointed out some features that have nothing to do with the gameplay itself.

erwin02

11-15-2012

nice

StickyRizEE

11-15-2012

I love the changes they are making on this. I am so excited and thanks for imrpoving in a good positive way. Im just worried it might get a little complicated or confusing

Comedian

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggle View Post
it's dead jim

by which i mean "the files it uses, both in filename and in contents, are nothing alike compared to live".

Howfastcanyoutype?!
grr

Modern Snow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Sexy :3

Omnigryphon

11-15-2012

I saw a suggestion on Reddit a while back that I think would fit perfectly into this: cost indicators.

For Champions that have mana costs, health costs, or otherwise, it would be great if we could have an obvious place to see the cost without having to use the tooltip. The suggestion was top have it at the top of the ability. If I can find the post, I will edit it in to this.

Edit: the one post I could find was not the one I remember (it suggested they be in the bottom right of the ability icon). However, I would definitely say it should be optional just in case some people don't like it.

xRhuarCx

11-15-2012

uhh when i click on HUD it takes me to forclosed homes