Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blaze122

11-15-2012

i think it really cleans up the shop and screen i like it

DoozleDorf

11-15-2012

Quote:
Wriggle:
I am sorry but you are not going to be able to reach Diamond rank simply by left-clicking on the interface as hard as you can.

Or "the interface is not the game". Well. To most people.

Press the ESCape key, your fingers should be near QWER1234 already so it doesn't take too much effort to reach up there and hit it.

Unless, as many people have/do, you re-bind your keys. Increasing it's size/responsiveness is actually an easy fix, and shouldn't be on the players to adjust to..... and don't neglect left-handed 'mousers'

victorionox

11-15-2012

love these changes. been wanting something like this for a while. gj riot

Relix the Fallen

11-15-2012

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
Fonts: We're still tweaking with that (and by tweaking, I mean most likely completely replacing).

Please make sure that the font for the vs in the top right changes before it goes love.

BamboodPanda

11-15-2012

No Quick Cast shortcut yet? Come on Riot! We've been asking for that for years now.

DoozleDorf

11-15-2012

Quote:
NeatherGate:
I REALLY REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS HEAR THIS COMMENT, ITS AN IMPORTANT ONE.

There are 2 things I can name that are seriously problematic and have a significantly bad negative effect on gameplay. They have been ongoing issues.

1) The box to close the shop when you are running back into action is TINY.

In order to be efficient in game, I view the shop to see how much gold I need to complete the next item Im most likely to purchase, or to help make decisions. Sometimes I will be standing just behind a turret glancing at a decision in the shop, only to see an enemy champ running up to kill me, but I CANT MOVE until I close the shop, and missclicking the TINY shop box to close it forces me to watch helplessly in the clutch moment when my champ just stands there and dies in what must look ridiculous to any viewers. I cant tell you how many teamfights its interrupted or deaths its caused because I miss the tiny tiny tiny tiny little box to close the shop.

Im probably not the only player that relies on closing the shop with the box in the upper right corner instead of the hotkey....

2) Swapping item placement in the inventory is OFTEN very very laggy or completely unresponsive.

Ive died many times because of the unresponsiveness of this. It just doesnt register sometimes. I move health potions position quickly as I run toward a fight, then fight it out, then hit the hotkey to chug a potion, then DIE because the potion never moved to the location I told it to move to. Or I move wards to an optimal hotkey location for me (number 1, thats where I put them) then try to drop them in place in the jungle as I am running across the map to help a teammate. But as I said often the items dont move when I commanded them to, so I have to do it 3-4 times, just standing in the jungle when my team needs me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ so VERY very much this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NeatherGate

11-15-2012

Also, I might suggest that the bar of suggested items should be adjustable pre minion spawning for optimal gameplay.

If you were to allow us to have 9 or 12 item slots to fill or most likely items to use on the champs in the game it would be extremely efficient for us after the game started.

Xyltin

11-15-2012

Quote:
JJJNigel:
i think the simplicity of the old UI was a big plus and something that attracted me to LoL as compared to other MOBAs. are you sure you need key bindings and ability ranks represented in that fashion at all times? for example, maybe have the key bindings work like this:
- start of game: display key bindings
- after 30 seconds: key bindings fade out
- on button hover: key bindings appear
- 5 seconds after hover: key bindings fade out
without the need for key bindings, you have a simpler interface and can maybe make those skill rank icons less obtrusive. for example, a really thin continuous bar that lights up further as you rank skills. you don't need to see the exact ranks, only general progress, as you can hover to see the exact ranks if you're unsure.

this is just my opinion, but i think it's better if LoL's interface is basically iMOBA instead of the overly complex mess that certain other MOBAs have. not sure if i'm allowed to talk specifics (feel free to mod it out if i can't), but HoN turned me off from day 1 because the interface is a cluster**** of tabs and text and blah thrown at you from all directions, on every screen. don't become HoN. keep it simple.

The alpha version had way better positioning of the hotkeys and the skill ranks (looked way better).
http://lolupdates.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Future-UI.jpg

But i like that you are always able to see the ranks. Not for me or in a game, but it makes watching streams more comfortable. You don't need to ask or wait till you see a tooltip to know what someone skilled.

Mickem

11-15-2012

I approve.
I have been waiting to have the hotkeys for items (or as to simplify). And a search function is a great improvement.

Now if only my heart of gold was still here with me.. but for improved item store/HUD it didn't die in vayne.... (Ha.. i see what i did there)

CrazedPorcupine

11-15-2012

Quote:
Wriggle:
Welp, you heard the man Riot, stop adding useful and logical features because Dota did it first.

Champions (first done by Dota, LoL afterwards)
Items (first do---, etc.

Wanna use that spectator sidebar. ;_;

I'm not complaining that they're adding this stuff, just that they making WAY too similar to dota's Its unappealing. If I wanted a UI similar to Dota's I would play Dota. And isn't riot's goal to make LoL a "Unique Experience" among gaming? well Right now with the UI changes, it seems to be getting more and more like dota. I don't want a "Dota" experience when i play LoL, I want a "LoL" experience when I play LoL. I mean, its great you're making these changes, but considering just how similar they are to the things in Dota2 makes it dissappointing because its just saying, "Hey, we're lazy with our design, lets just copy a very successful and great UI without any thought for originality." Its just If I want a Dota 2 experience I'd play dota 2. I play LoL to experience LoL, not Dota. And more and more lately its just been that Its becoming more and more of a Dota experience... Come on Riot. I want to play a Unique game, Not a game with the Same UI as another game but slightly different mechanics... I want to Play LoL not Dota....