Item Shop and Game HUD Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

So are customizable item lists within the game UI available to be added on at a later date?

Jarvan Krislov

11-15-2012

what is that crystalline flask? O.o

Pufflesmash

11-15-2012

test post please ignore

NeatherGate

11-15-2012

I REALLY REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS HEAR THIS COMMENT, ITS AN IMPORTANT ONE.

There are 2 things I can name that are seriously problematic and have a significantly bad negative effect on gameplay. They have been ongoing issues.

1) The box to close the shop when you are running back into action is TINY.

In order to be efficient in game, I view the shop to see how much gold I need to complete the next item Im most likely to purchase, or to help make decisions. Sometimes I will be standing just behind a turret glancing at a decision in the shop, only to see an enemy champ running up to kill me, but I CANT MOVE until I close the shop, and missclicking the TINY shop box to close it forces me to watch helplessly in the clutch moment when my champ just stands there and dies in what must look ridiculous to any viewers. I cant tell you how many teamfights its interrupted or deaths its caused because I miss the tiny tiny tiny tiny little box to close the shop.

Im probably not the only player that relies on closing the shop with the box in the upper right corner instead of the hotkey....

2) Swapping item placement in the inventory is OFTEN very very laggy or completely unresponsive.

Ive died many times because of the unresponsiveness of this. It just doesnt register sometimes. I move health potions position quickly as I run toward a fight, then fight it out, then hit the hotkey to chug a potion, then DIE because the potion never moved to the location I told it to move to. Or I move wards to an optimal hotkey location for me (number 1, thats where I put them) then try to drop them in place in the jungle as I am running across the map to help a teammate. But as I said often the items dont move when I commanded them to, so I have to do it 3-4 times, just standing in the jungle when my team needs me.

o Troncat

11-15-2012

Very cool Riot.
Good job!

Wriggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
Well that sucks, since everyone here is here to play League and not this DOTA 2 patch.
I am sorry but you are not going to be able to reach Diamond rank simply by left-clicking on the interface as hard as you can.

Or "the interface is not the game". Well. To most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeatherGate View Post
1) The box to close the shop when you are running back into action is TINY.
Press the ESCape key, your fingers should be near QWER1234 already so it doesn't take too much effort to reach up there and hit it.

JJJNigel

11-15-2012

i think the simplicity of the old UI was a big plus and something that attracted me to LoL as compared to other MOBAs. are you sure you need key bindings and ability ranks represented in that fashion at all times? for example, maybe have the key bindings work like this:
- start of game: display key bindings
- after 30 seconds: key bindings fade out
- on button hover: key bindings appear
- 5 seconds after hover: key bindings fade out
without the need for key bindings, you have a simpler interface and can maybe make those skill rank icons less obtrusive. for example, a really thin continuous bar that lights up further as you rank skills. you don't need to see the exact ranks, only general progress, as you can hover to see the exact ranks if you're unsure.

this is just my opinion, but i think it's better if LoL's interface is basically iMOBA instead of the overly complex mess that certain other MOBAs have. not sure if i'm allowed to talk specifics (feel free to mod it out if i can't), but HoN turned me off from day 1 because the interface is a cluster**** of tabs and text and blah thrown at you from all directions, on every screen. don't become HoN. keep it simple.

Manta Avoid

11-15-2012

The colouring definitely doesn't suit the genre - looks somewhat like SC2 Protoss, to be honest.

Secondly, listed Build Items - seeing as we're able to have customised rune and mastery pages, can you alter the "recommended build" items to be drag-and-drop? ie, drag and drop an item from the store to the item slot in the store.

I'm sure it has been requested before. Would save much time faffing about in the store...

Salganos

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
The most concerning case for us was either buying Guardian's Angel to prevent a death from an ult or, conversely, buying a big CDR item before using a global ult.
That second part wouldn't be much of an issue if CDR were dynamic. Please look into that at some point. Someone.

That is an awesome new item shop though.

Sayath

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wriggle View Post
This should be possible, there's a lot of new files with contents such as this:

..but there are a LOT more HUD elements now. For example, when a skill is toggled on and it's ~shiny shiny~ on the icon, each of those has a separate HUD element from the skill itself. The "how many of this item you have" is its own element for each item, etc. ["InventoryItemCount0-5"] There's a lot in the new HUD.
More of them? Sigh. Buffs / their negative equivalent had a lot of these already (TargetBar).

Well, I will manage. I do a pass once every patch they change anything HUD-related.
It's just gonna be a bit more work. Maybe I create a script this time.